Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 for PC Insider

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 799
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       11 Nov 2015 #320

    Print to Journal Note Writer


    Has anybody found this? It might be a bug of 10586, didn't happen in 10240:

    When producing (print to Journal Note Writer) a .jnt file, it won't go through. This Journal Note Writer is very useful when you need to hand write something or a signature directly on a e-document without going through the print-write-scan.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4,788
    Win 10 Pro x64
       11 Nov 2015 #321

    jyusa said: View Post
    Has anybody found this? It might be a bug of 10586, didn't happen in 10240:

    When producing (print to Journal Note Writer) a .jnt file, it won't go through. This Journal Note Writer is very useful when you need to hand write something or a signature directly on a e-document without going through the print-write-scan.

    you might wanna try re-installing that program as it may have been corrupted during the upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 799
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       11 Nov 2015 #322

    badrobot said: View Post
    you might wanna try re-installing that program as it may have been corrupted during the upgrade.
    Thanks badrobot! After the repair, it now works!:)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    11 Nov 2015 #323

    Anybody running 10586 on multiple monitors? I'd like to know if you can enable tablet mode with multiple monitors enabled. In build 10240, that's not possible. As soon as I select extend Tablet mode turns off and it's greyed out/disabled. The only PC I have 10586 running on only has one monitor (TV) connected.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 19,819
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       11 Nov 2015 #324

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Anybody running 10586 on multiple monitors? I'd like to know if you can enable tablet mode with multiple monitors enabled. In build 10240, that's not possible. As soon as I select extend Tablet mode turns off and it's greyed out/disabled. The only PC I have 10586 running on only has one monitor (TV) connected.
    I'm running with two monitors, Alpha.

    However, this is a desktop and nothing is touch on it.

    What do I do?

    Edit: Ummm, looks like tablet's disabled.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    11 Nov 2015 #325

    Wynona said: View Post
    I'm running with two monitors, Alpha.

    However, this is a desktop and nothing is touch on it.

    What do I do?

    Edit: Ummm, looks like tablet's disabled.
    OK, it didn't change. Switch it to one monitor "PC Screen only" and I bet its usable, not greyed out anymore. Then switch back to dual monitors "Extend" and it will be disabled again. I have no idea why they did it that way and was hoping maybe they would "fix" it? I guess they figure its not actually broken?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 19,819
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       11 Nov 2015 #326

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    OK, it didn't change. Switch it to one monitor "PC Screen only" and I bet its usable, not greyed out anymore. Then switch back to dual monitors "Extend" and it will be disabled again. I have no idea why they did it that way and was hoping maybe they would "fix" it? I guess they figure its not actually broken?
    Maybe not broken, but not exactly finished for those who may have a touch screen rig and want to use dual monitors in tablet mode?

    Maybe a visit to Feedback is in order?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 4,788
    Win 10 Pro x64
       11 Nov 2015 #327

    I am guessing the tablet mode is only designed for single screen (the main display) unless MS comes up with a touch mapping settings like in stylus and tablet for desktop where you can select which or how many monitors would you like to set for multi-touchscreen setup.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,361
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       11 Nov 2015 #328

    I found a number of things got knocked out on the physical upgrade while that would be nothing new! The sound card being too old couldn't be automatically updated along with other apps added on lately where the 10 installer marks them as "unavailable" when going over the System, Display, Apps, etc. section there. I simply ran the installer or downloaded the updated version for each as I saw them refreshed. Time for a new system image I guess!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       11 Nov 2015 #329

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Anybody running 10586 on multiple monitors? I'd like to know if you can enable tablet mode with multiple monitors enabled. In build 10240, that's not possible. As soon as I select extend Tablet mode turns off and it's greyed out/disabled. The only PC I have 10586 running on only has one monitor (TV) connected.
    In 10886.3 Tablet Mode only works on the main display of a 2 monitor HDMI extended screen configuration here and only when the extended screen is [off ] or the HDMI switch for that screen is in another position i.e not passing the signal from the PC to the extended display . I could boot into RTM /10240 and check that out also but I suspect it would be the same.
    No touch screens here either .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
    Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
    Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
    Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.
    Find Us