Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Nov 2015 #261

    Kari said: View Post
    I had one laptop with build 10547 with 10565 upgrade sitting there almost a month, I had my reasons to stay in 10547. As long as you don't restart from Update page in Settings app when it tells a restart has been scheduled, you are OK. Restarting from the Start Menu does not launch the upgrade.

    When I no longer needed 10547 I clean installed 10586 this week, never using the 10565 upgrade which waited there all this time.
    I think I may have corrupted the BT folder, trying to move it the first time; now it doesn't ask for a Restart and there are no updates available.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,532
    Windows 10 Pro
       09 Nov 2015 #262

    Edwin said: View Post
    I think I may have corrupted the BT folder, trying to move it the first time; now it doesn't ask for a Restart and there are no updates available.
    The ESD should still be there, make an ISO and upgrade with it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    09 Nov 2015 #263

    Kari said: View Post
    The ESD should still be there, make an ISO and upgrade with it.
    I've already created an ISO, I was just making an observation.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 31
    Win 10 Pro
       09 Nov 2015 #264

    How do I download the ISO of threshold 2? Or will the media creation tool that I can get from Microsoft automatically create a usb with threshold 2 on it?
    I'd like to do a clean install using that on an older laptop that has a windows 7 pro key, instead of doing an upgrade.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,288
    Win 10 Pro x64
       09 Nov 2015 #265

    Georgeilots said: View Post
    How do I download the ISO of threshold 2? Or will the media creation tool that I can get from Microsoft automatically create a usb with threshold 2 on it?
    I'd like to do a clean install using that on an older laptop that has a windows 7 pro key, instead of doing an upgrade.
    You can't. You have to go through an upgrade path first using your Windows 7 key. And then you can do clean installs all you want after that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,690
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       09 Nov 2015 #266

    Georgeilots said: View Post
    How do I download the ISO of threshold 2? Or will the media creation tool that I can get from Microsoft automatically create a usb with threshold 2 on it?
    Build 10586 (th 2 without watermark) is probably not available as an ISO yet. You'll have to create it from the install.esd file within the update to Build 10586.

    The media creation tool is for the RTM Build 10240, I believe. However, I'm pretty sure that once Microsoft releases the next version of Windows 10, the media creation tool will convert to that version.

    Instructions for converting ESD to ISO:

    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

    Instructions for creating bootable USB drive:

    USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,690
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       09 Nov 2015 #267

    badrobot said: View Post
    You can't. You have to go through an upgrade path first using your Windows 7 key. And then you can do clean installs all you want after that.
    Oops, I missed the second paragraph!

    Edit: Nope, there is no second paragraph, so I'm not sure where you got it from, Robot.

    "She's slowly going out of her mind!"
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,150
    W10Prox64
       09 Nov 2015 #268

    Georgeilots said: View Post
    How do I download the ISO of threshold 2? Or will the media creation tool that I can get from Microsoft automatically create a usb with threshold 2 on it?
    I'd like to do a clean install using that on an older laptop that has a windows 7 pro key, instead of doing an upgrade.
    You'll have to wait until MS release it to the general public. Then it should be available.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,690
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       09 Nov 2015 #269

    simrick said: View Post
    You'll have to wait until MS release it to the general public. Then it should be available.
    At least he now has a few options, whichever way he's turning.

    I'm totally confused because it seems the OP must have edited his post after I started my reply.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,288
    Win 10 Pro x64
       09 Nov 2015 #270

    Wynona said: View Post
    Oops, I missed the second paragraph!

    Edit: Nope, there is no second paragraph, so I'm not sure where you got it from, Robot.

    "She's slowly going out of her mind!"
    Oh my bad. Did I miss anything? You can now do direct installation of Windows 10 using Win 7 or 8 key without doing an upgrade first?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158 for PCs
Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:28.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums