Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Nov 2015 #181
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 816
    Windows 10 Pro

    updated my RTM to Builld 10586 as this is RTM of threshold 2 copied esd to iso and clean installed it working fine so far
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Nov 2015 #182
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,134
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Patience Grasshopper!
    Roger that! I'm too exhausted to be impatient!
    Been fighting with this piece of junk machine of mine since 6PM yesterday, when all h*ll broke loose!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    06 Nov 2015 #183

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    updated my RTM to Builld 10586 as this is RTM of threshold 2 copied esd to iso and clean installed it working fine so far
    I don't think it's the RTM build as such. Most likely Preview with the November update.

    It still shows as TP

    Code:
    PS C:\windows\system32> Dism /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:'G:\Microsoft\Windows 10\Install.wim' /Index:1
    
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    
    Details for image : G:\Microsoft\Windows 10\Install.wim
    
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview
    Description : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview
    Size : 13 905 900 578 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.10586
    ServicePack Build : 0
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : Professional
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 19312
    Files : 98317
    Created : 30 Oct 2015 - 11:27:01
    Modified : 30 Oct 2015 - 12:02:50
    Languages :
            en-US (Default)
    
    The operation completed successfully.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Nov 2015 #184
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,952
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    @Superfly, in case you're interested I ran your WDT in a unactivated VM, this is what I got(just for test purposes...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	46617
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    06 Nov 2015 #185
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,952
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    A bit more:
    Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.FormatException: Could not find any recognizable digits.
       at System.ParseNumbers.StringToInt(String s, Int32 radix, Int32 flags, Int32* currPos)
       at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value, Int32 fromBase)
       at Windows_Diagnostic_Tool.frmDiag.lblLegit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    
    ************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Fra...9/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Windows_Diagnostic_Tool
        Assembly Version: 1.0.5779.35817
        Win32 Version: 1.0.5779.35817
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/cliff/Desktop/Windo...ostic_Tool.exe
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Windows.Forms
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...dows.Forms.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...089/System.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Drawing
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...em.Drawing.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Core
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...ystem.Core.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Xml
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...System.Xml.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    CustomMarshalers
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...Marshalers.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Configuration
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...figuration.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    06 Nov 2015 #186
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 816
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I don't think it's the RTM build as such. Most likely Preview with the November update.

    It still shows as TP

    Code:
    PS C:\windows\system32> Dism /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:'
    G:\Microsoft\Windows 10\Install.wim' /Index:1
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    
    Details for image : G:\Microsoft\Windows 10\Install.wim
    
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview
    Description : Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview
    Size : 13 905 900 578 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.10586
    ServicePack Build : 0
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : Professional
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 19312
    Files : 98317
    Created : 30 Oct 2015 - 11:27:01
    Modified : 30 Oct 2015 - 12:02:50
    Languages :
            en-US (Default)
    
    The operation completed successfully.
    people said that when insiders got build 10240 it wasn't RTM and it turned out it was indeed RTM believe it same here with build 10586
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    06 Nov 2015 #187
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,111
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    people said that when insiders got build 10240 it wasn't RTM and it turned out it was indeed RTM believe it same here with build 10586
    I agree, Dave. I'm thinking Microsoft released it to us so we could find any majorly glaring bugs that may have escaped Microsoft's coders. That way they can stomp 'em before the actual release to open market.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    06 Nov 2015 #188
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,200
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    I agree, Dave. I'm thinking Microsoft released it to us so we could find any majorly glaring bugs that may have escaped Microsoft's coders. That way they can stomp 'em before the actual release to open market.
    Well then find those bugs, and start stomp'n I don't want any nasty lil bugs
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    06 Nov 2015 #189

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    A bit more:
    Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.FormatException: Could not find any recognizable digits.
       at System.ParseNumbers.StringToInt(String s, Int32 radix, Int32 flags, Int32* currPos)
       at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value, Int32 fromBase)
       at Windows_Diagnostic_Tool.frmDiag.lblLegit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    
    ************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Fra...9/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Windows_Diagnostic_Tool
        Assembly Version: 1.0.5779.35817
        Win32 Version: 1.0.5779.35817
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/cliff/Desktop/Windo...ostic_Tool.exe
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Windows.Forms
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...dows.Forms.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...089/System.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Drawing
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...em.Drawing.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Core
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...ystem.Core.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Xml
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...System.Xml.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    CustomMarshalers
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...Marshalers.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Configuration
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/ass...figuration.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    Thanx for that debug Cliff.
    Yup, I had noticed the change in the way the latest build reports info. Fixed in this build (NB I'm still working on the GUI, so ignore that in the meantime... http://rghost.net/85TL2FCFP

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    people said that when insiders got build 10240 it wasn't RTM and it turned out it was indeed RTM believe it same here with build 10586
    It's anyone's guess ATM, I just think that we will see a 10240_refresh instead - we'll see.
    If not I'm prepared for an "I told you so..."
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    06 Nov 2015 #190
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,952
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	956.0 KB 
ID:	46622 @Superfly, here is the data from the new version.
    Funny thing though, WDT wouldn't open/run until I used 7Zip
    The icon was just a blank sheet of paper default/generic icon.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 for PC
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10576 | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158 for PCs
Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums