Windows 10: MS Downgrades free Onedrive storage, ends unlimited for Office 365 Office

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1.    03 Nov 2015 #20

    halasz said: View Post
    Don't think so.
    Yeah, I just reread it. I was going by what it said at the bottom of the page. I haven't completely woke up yet. I hate it when the time changes. It's only 1 hour but it usually takes me about a week to get adjusted.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    03 Nov 2015 #21

    Winuser said: View Post
    Yeah, I just reread it. I was going by what it said at the bottom of the page. I haven't completely woke up yet. I hate it when the time changes. It's only 1 hour but it usually takes me about a week to get adjusted.
    `Not being funny but that was a week ago, are you OK?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    03 Nov 2015 #22

    I sitting here thinking about the changes to Onedrive MS is going to make. I can understand MS eliminating the unlimited plan because of the abuse from a few users. What does this have to do with the 15 GB free storage and the 15 GB Camera Role bonus? IMO (getting out my tin foil hat) This was a plan of MS to get users to store large amounts of data to Onedrive. Then come up with a excuse to cut the amount of free storage so they can start charging users that are either hooked on Ondrive or don't want to go through the hassel of downloading all the data they up loaded. (tin foil hat removed)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    03 Nov 2015 #23

    halasz said: View Post
    `Not being funny but that was a week ago, are you OK?
    I don't know about you but I changed my clocks on November 1st.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    03 Nov 2015 #24

    Just checked for Hungary, Oct 25th. In the US it was Nov. 1st.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    03 Nov 2015 #25

    Winuser said: View Post
    Just checked for Hungary, Oct 25th. In the US it was Nov. 1st.
    Well well, learn something every day, guess I assumed everywhere was the same date
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    03 Nov 2015 #26

    Winuser said: View Post
    I sitting here thinking about the changes to Onedrive MS is going to make. I can understand MS eliminating the unlimited plan because of the abuse from a few users. What does this have to do with the 15 GB free storage and the 15 GB Camera Role bonus? IMO (getting out my tin foil hat) This was a plan of MS to get users to store large amounts of data to Onedrive. Then come up with a excuse to cut the amount of free storage so they can start charging users that are either hooked on Ondrive or don't want to go through the hassel of downloading all the data they up loaded. (tin foil hat removed)
    Makes sense
    I currently have an Office subscription so this doesn't currently affect me

    If I didn't have this, come next year I would have to start paying to use OD as I am over 5GB
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    03 Nov 2015 #27

    halasz said: View Post
    Well well, learn something every day, guess I assumed everywhere was the same date
    I wish they would do away with it. What purpose does it really serve anyway?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    03 Nov 2015 #28

    Winuser said: View Post
    I wish they would do away with it. What purpose does it really serve anyway?
    Something to do with cows in northern latitudes as far as I remember. Or perhaps it was kids going to school in the dark. Never understood it.

    Winuser said: View Post
    I sitting here thinking about the changes to Onedrive MS is going to make. I can understand MS eliminating the unlimited plan because of the abuse from a few users. What does this have to do with the 15 GB free storage and the 15 GB Camera Role bonus? IMO (getting out my tin foil hat) This was a plan of MS to get users to store large amounts of data to Onedrive. Then come up with a excuse to cut the amount of free storage so they can start charging users that are either hooked on Ondrive or don't want to go through the hassel of downloading all the data they up loaded. (tin foil hat removed)
    This 5GB will affect me as I use free accounts and have well over 5GB. Seems though I can get O365 free for a year so have until beginning of 2017 to move or pay-up. Of course I have to remember at end of 2016 to cancel the subscription otherwise it auto-renews.

    I think you are correct - it is to push people into the subscription model. 30GB is quite usable (for me). 5GB is far too limited.

    Don't get me wrong O365 isn't a bad deal at all but I already bought Office 2010 and I'm happy with it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 19,777
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       03 Nov 2015 #29
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Source More 605899873360019457 605955258137722880 605987336392810496
    Source...
    While searching online, I haven't found a way to check on available storage in OneDrive. I have Build 9926, it is installed on my system, but I don't see how to check on available storage and how to buy more. The explanations I see online pertain...
    Offer expires Feb 28, 2015 Join Bing Rewards and receive a free 2 year subscription for 100 GB of storage on OneDrive. Bing explore rewards: OneDrive This is marketing! You can subscribe to Bing rewards to get the offer and then...
    Source: http://blogs.office.com/2015/02/17/new-cloud-storage-integration-office/
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:47.
    Find Us