MS Downgrades free Onedrive storage, ends unlimited for Office 365 Office

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #120

    Cliff S said:
    A suggestion was my choice because I can use my Bing Rewards to get more(if they don't kill that off too).
    How do you get around the location thing?

    MS Downgrades free Onedrive storage, ends unlimited for Office 365-capture.png
      My Computer

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,531
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #121

    30,000,000,000GB=30,000,000Terabytes=30,000Petabytes=30Exabytes=0.3Zetabytes... 0.3 isn't such a large number, is it:)
      My Computers

  3. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,930
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #122

    Cliff S said:
    30,000,000,000GB=30,000,000Terabytes=30,000Petabytes=30Exabytes=0.3Zetabytes... 0.3 isn't such a large number, is it:)
    Ooooooooohhhhhhh, you make it so simple, Cliff! Not such a big number; wonder how they'd make a hard drive to hold all that? <ducking and running>
      My Computer

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,531
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #123

    Wynona said:
    Ooooooooohhhhhhh, you make it so simple, Cliff! Not such a big number; wonder how they'd make a hard drive to hold all that? <ducking and running>
    Largest Hard Drive in the World 24TB
    For 30,000,000TB you need 2,500,000 drives

    EDIT: 1,250,000 drives sorry
      My Computers

  5. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,930
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #124

    Cliff S said:
    Largest Hard Drive in the World 24TB
    For 30,000,000TB you need 2,500,000 drives

    EDIT: 1,250,000 drives sorry
    Good grief! No wonder Microsoft reneged!
      My Computer

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,531
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #125

    halasz said:
    How do you get around the location thing?

    MS Downgrades free Onedrive storage, ends unlimited for Office 365-capture.png
    I never tried using them, so I haven't seen that. But I get pop-ups telling me to use them from Bing:) Maybe because being an that my PC is set up for US ENG(I'm an American ex-pat). But if they go by ISP then it will not work. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for bringing that to my attention @halasz.
      My Computers

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,531
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #126

    Nope don't work:
    Sorry, we can't create your account right now. For help, contact Bing Rewards Customer Support
    Oh well, then option two, I start using Google's 15GB(comes with Chrome and my Gmail account:)) for simple data, and I'll leave my OneDrive 5GB(still a lot) for OneNote and sharing.
      My Computers

  8. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #127

    Cliff S said:
    I never tried using them, so I haven't seen that. But I get pop-ups telling me to use them from Bing:) Maybe because being an that my PC is set up for US ENG(I'm an American ex-pat). But if they go by ISP then it will not work. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for bringing that to my attention @halasz.
    I have used the Bing 100GB free OneDrive bonus without an issue simply by setting the region in Bing to US (on Bing.com, go to settings, select region on the left pane and change it to US). Now you can sign up for Bing Rewards and get the OneDrive bonus.
      My Computer

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,531
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #128

    Kari said:
    I have used the Bing 100GB free OneDrive bonus without an issue simply by setting the region in Bing to US (on Bing.com, go to settings, select region on the left pane and change it to US). Now you can sign up for Bing Rewards and get the OneDrive bonus.
    Thanks Kari, I always have it and my PC set to US regional. I have just tried a couple of times to sign up, and keep getting the same as post# 127. Maybe another time or day it'll work.
      My Computers

  10. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #129

    Cliff, is your PC location set to US, too?

    From my OneDrive Storage settings:

    MS Downgrades free Onedrive storage, ends unlimited for Office 365-2015_11_06_19_44_501.png
      My Computer


 
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:15.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums