Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,201
    Windows 10 IoT
       02 Nov 2015 #51

    Trust_No1 said: View Post
    Well, I thought Microsoft originally said they would even upgrade pirated copies. Which made sense to me, get the illegals off the streets. Perhaps that would put some of those pirates out of business.

    This just demonstrates to me is that, it is business as usual with Microsoft, and Windows 10 is no different than any other version, other than it is very intrusive. In a few years I suspect it will be replaced with something else, contrary to what they say.
    My understanding was they will let pirated systems upgrade to Windows 10, just not for free. If it's non genuine before the upgrade its non genuine after and will require activation. They have to buy a Windows 10 license to keep using Windows 10. As far as I know, they never said pirated systems would get a free ride.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,067
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.693)
       02 Nov 2015 #52

    Linux has long way to go before it can replace Windows. Every year is getting closer but not close enough! It has to get universal installers so installing and uninstalling applications will be easier. Yes, there is the application center, but unfortunately not every application is available at the center. You still have to manually download some from the programmer's site. It also must have wizard for installing devices. Users should never need to compile from source. After making sure is as user friendly as possible (that means do everything from GUI, not the terminal), it must improve compatibility with devices. You can pick any device you want and it will surely work in at least one Windows version. But if you have Linux you have to double-triple check compatibility before buying. This is certainly not what the average user can or is willing to do.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,067
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.693)
       02 Nov 2015 #53

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    My understanding was they will let pirated systems upgrade to Windows 10, just not for free. If it's non genuine before the upgrade its non genuine after and will require activation. They have to buy a Windows 10 license to keep using Windows 10. As far as I know, they never said pirated systems would get a free ride.
    That's the problem! Unless the key is blacklisted, Microsoft cannot tell if it has been activated legally or illegally. Unless of course they would come in people's house demanding to check the computer for a COA sticker or other proof of purchase. Who would allow them that? At least not without a warrant!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,201
    Windows 10 IoT
       02 Nov 2015 #54

    Swagger said: View Post
    Guys,
    Microsoft do not even know if you have a legal copy or not
    As a matter of fact, I think they do not even care.
    As long as you install Windows 10, it is revenue for them.
    So stop battering each other.
    Not everyone can afford a genuine copy of Windows
    Everyone one is not living in a first world country!!
    If you upgraded from a OS that was activated by an activator, Not even Microsoft knows, if your copy is real or not.
    So i don't see what's the fuss here.
    Just because you can't afford something doesn't give you the right to steal it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Eastbourne East Sussex UK
    Posts : 2,436
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 143934.693
       02 Nov 2015 #55

    larc919 said: View Post
    Good job! I'm guessing some cake or a few biscuits with that coffee wouldn't go amiss?
    No took my laptop and showed them what was doing will I upgraded theirs
    Had coffee and cakes so much did not eat my dinner when I got home

    Both very happy
    Only had to update some drivers made sure everything set up and working
    So 2 satisfied customers
    Well happy I am to off been able to help them
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,201
    Windows 10 IoT
       02 Nov 2015 #56

    spapakons said: View Post
    That's the problem! Unless the key is blacklisted, Microsoft cannot tell if it has been activated legally or illegally. Unless of course they would come in people's house demanding to check the computer for a COA sticker or other proof of purchase. Who would allow them that? At least not without a warrant!
    They can detect some illegally patched systems and kill the files doing it during the upgrade. That's when you system comes up not genuine and un activated. It all depends on how your cheating activation. There is more to it than just the key being used. OEM-SLP activation is often cheated with boot loaders. Microsoft knows that and how to detect them etc. Some cheats will get detected some will slip through.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10
       02 Nov 2015 #57

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Just because you can't afford something doesn't give you the right to steal it.
    I agree with you.
    But facts, is facts
    Microsoft don't care.
    A long as there is loop holes, people will take advantage of it
    Cheers,
    Swagger
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,201
    Windows 10 IoT
       02 Nov 2015 #58

    Swagger said: View Post
    I agree with you.
    But facts, is facts
    Microsoft don't care.
    A long as there is loop holes, people will take advantage of it
    Cheers,
    Swagger
    If Microsoft didn't care, Windows Genuine Advantage would never have been implemented. And you wouldn't need product codes for install.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10
       02 Nov 2015 #59

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    If Microsoft didn't care, Windows Genuine Advantage would never have been implemented. And you wouldn't need product codes for install.
    Well clearly Windows Genuine Advantage is is not working.
    There are millions of PC,S activated by an Activator, and they all got upgraded to Windows 10.
    Without Microsoft picking it up, or neglecting to pick it up.
    Wake up and smell the coffee!
    You live in a world where you think everything is perfect.
    Well, this little world is far from that, no matter what anyone tells you.

    Cheers,
    Swagger
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       02 Nov 2015 #60

    Swagger said: View Post
    Well clearly Windows Genuine Advantage is is not working.
    There are millions of PC,S activated by an Activator, and they all got upgraded to Windows 10.
    Without Microsoft picking it up, or neglecting to pick it up.
    Wake up and smell the coffee!
    You live in a world where you think everything is perfect.
    Well, this little world is far from that, no matter what anyone tells you.

    Cheers,
    Swagger
    Just wondering.. do you have a valid license for your copy??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Free Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade offer
I have Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit created on USB through the Media Creation Tool will Windows 7 users still be able to use there Windows 10 Pro 64 as activated if something goes wrong after July 29,2016
Windows Updates and Activation
YES, Windows 7 RTM and Windows 8 Are eligible for free upgrade offer
There are a lot of people going around telling people that you have to be on Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 to be eligible for the free upgrade. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Any consumer x86/64 version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.x (ie, not corporate versions)...
General Support
Windows Insiders and the Free Upgrade Offer.
Should I roll back to 8.1 so I can reserve my free copy or will insiders receive the invite icon as well?
General Support
Solved Easy Recovery Essentials Pro Windows 10 - Free Offer
Hey everyone, I posted this on SevenForums already, wanted to share here as well since it is more appropriate. The pro version for Windows 10 looks to be a free offer at the moment. Easy Recovery Essentials | Windows Recovery and Repair CD...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums