Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1.    31 Oct 2015 #71
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,521
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The OP was not backed up on a fact from MS. The claims I made were not wild. When a company says a Update will be released on a certain date, they should either have not made the commitment or live by it. The posts I made were my opinion and I am entitled to it. I am not entitled to being flamed by yourself and others.
    I'm sorry if you feel that I'm flaming you. But, there are times when you make claims/statements where you don't back them up with facts and you expect users here to either read through some link to find them. It's not up to use to find the facts that support your statements, it's up to you to post them here. Other than that you are a good user here Gary. But when you claim that Linux is not for newbies then you lose credibility here. Just being honest..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    31 Oct 2015 #72
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I'm sorry if you feel that I'm flaming you. But, there are times when you make claims/statements where you don't back them up with facts and you expect users here to either read through some link to find them. It's not up to use to find the facts that support your statements, it's up to you to post them here. Other than that you are a good user here Gary. But when you claim that Linux is not for newbies then you lose credibility here. Just being honest..
    So you are saying that someone goes out and gets a PC for the very first time, never been on the net can use Linux right out of the Box. You and others have flamed me for voicing my opinion. An opinion by definition does not have to be backed up by facts. You lose credibility here when you break the rules of this forum.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    31 Oct 2015 #73
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    It is also my opinion that this thread should be removed as it is not based on any factual data from Microsoft and has turned into something that this Forum is not about.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 Oct 2015 #74
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,121
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    Jebus, thanks a lot for adding this. I have no idea what either one of these mean.
    Yes, I have had a very sheltered life.
    Equate double toothpicks with double Ls.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    31 Oct 2015 #75
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,121
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by echrada View Post
    I have read various posts of yours and cannot understand what you are doing on a Windows forum as you dislike/hate everything about it. Why do you not find another OS that will satisfy all your needs? Oh I forgot, then you won't have anything to play the troll with.

    And yes I mean TROLL as that seems to be the only fitting description. Ugly and nasty from time to time and completely ignorant the rest of the time.

    Leave the Forums for people who actually want to learn and enjoy.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    31 Oct 2015 #76
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,121
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    True,, but when someone goes around making wild claims and then not backing them up with facts is not what this place is about. If anyone can't back up a statement with facts then don't make a claim/statement. It's that simple.
    Or claim that that's what Microsoft said, complain mightily about it, and then when majority opinion goes against them, say they knew all along that it was just rumor, not fact.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    31 Oct 2015 #77
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    It appears that there are two sets of rules here, one for the good ole boys and one for regular member's I have been flamed for two days and I get an Infraction.

    You have received an infraction at Windows 10 Forums


    Dear Gary,

    You have received an infraction at Windows 10 Forums.

    Reason: Report system abuse
    -------
    Stop abusing the report system, you give as good as you get.
    -------

    This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

    Original Post:
    https://www.tenforums.com/reports/283...tml#post446803
    Gary has also reported this item.

    Reason: 1) Rudeness, insults, racial/hate slander, flaming, attacks, stalking, and trolling will not be tolerated.

    2) No useless posts, e.g., thread bumping, useless one liners, junk posting to increase post count, and identical multi-postings in different forums.





    All the best,
    Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    31 Oct 2015 #78
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Standish, Lancashire
    Posts : 5,898
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Oh grow a pair, if you can't take it then don't give it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    31 Oct 2015 #79
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 34
    Windows 7 Ult, 8.1 Pro, 10 Pro, Archlinux

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    It is also my opinion that this thread should be removed as it is not based on any factual data from Microsoft and has turned into something that this Forum is not about.
    That is a perfectly valid opinion, though one with which I would totally disagree. If someone who could enforce the notion decided that all we are allowed to discuss on this forum is material which is based on factual data from Microsoft, then I would think that our options and topics of discussion would be severely limited. The next step would be a limit on data provided by certain people within Microsoft. A slippery slope methinks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    31 Oct 2015 #80
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 7
    win7

    Sorry Gary, but I don't wish you flame you... or anyone but
    How is any operating system different to any other.. as per, a new to computer user.
    Whether it's M$, Apple or Linux they all have there "terminologies" on usage.
    If a new pc is pre-loaded with A, B or C o/system, it's just the user manuals needed to be read.

    Most users, new or old, are used to M$ terminology of some sort, why ???? it's the most common..
    Whether there school, parents, work, friends or whoever has used one before, that's the common source of info.

    If you grew up in a family based with Novel, Unix or network background then the common expression would more likely be Linux.
    If you grew up in a family based with desktop publishing or graphics work it would more likely be Apple..
    The majority of people have an influence based with M$, whether work or friends etc.

    Allan
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
"We're getting search ready" error - Windows/Cortana Search
Hi guys, I have been using Windows 10 build 10240 for a while and I have a big problem regarding search. When I try to search for something from the search box in the Taskbar, I get this message. It is unable to find many of the files and...
General Support
Windows Start Search "We are getting search ready" Forever
When I open up the start menu it shows "We are getting search ready" forever. Worked until when I started my computer up today. I have attached a screenshot of this.
General Support
STUCK - Windows Search - "We're getting things ready"
Hi folks. My Windows 10 clean install will not get search right. It still thinks it's setting it up....for 3 weeks. I've tried deleting and rebuilding the index multiple times but it will never complete. Any help? Thanks.
General Support
Windows 10 Latest Build "For Gamers" Is it Ready for Primetime?
I enjoy any "Brink run" Windows site as they seem to have lots of knowledgeable,helpful people. I understand that the Nvidia Geforce Windows 10 Forum would be posters with issues but, man, SLI issues, game stuttering issues (with Directx 12?), G...
Gaming
MS not ready to say "What Supported Lifetime of the Device means"
Microsoft Not Yet Ready to Describe What "Supported Lifetime of the Device" Means for Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums