Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    30 Oct 2015 #41
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by zooburner View Post
    It's a bit like workmen walking into your home uninvited with lots of tools just because you left the door unlocked, telling you they have come to replace the double glazing, fit new doors, repaint, and put new carpets in.

    When you say to them "No thanks I really love my house the way it is'' then they tell you that well okay, but they will leave all their tools in your house just in case you change your mind.

    So much for Microsoft saying that the earlier auto update was a mistake (yeah right) they clearly saw a bump in Windows 10 uptake from unsuspecting users and are trying to pull the same dishonest trick, but thinking it's okay because they told people about it in advance. Just how desperate are they ?
    If you ever see those workmen again, send them to my place, I don't mind getting stuff done for nothing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    30 Oct 2015 #42
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista

    One of the main reasons I hate Windows 10 is not because it's a bad OS in itself, but rather, the ETHICS behind it. MSFT pretty much FORCING people to upgrade to it is not my cup of tea. Also, they're instance that Windows 10 is "the most secure Windows ever" and their joking around with the cat pictures are not funny.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    31 Oct 2015 #43

    If the OS was tolerable and not jam packed with so much crap that Microsoft makes it much harder to remove then it should be the ethics part i could probably get over .

    I don't have to like MS to use their products if i happened to like the product but after trying 10 for 6 weeks i became to dislike it more and more every day .

    A HUGE problem is that with every release the user has less and less control and thats just not going to work with me . I have to be able to customize and EASILY get rid of things that i know i will never use and thats just not the case with Win 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    31 Oct 2015 #44
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 298
    Windows 7 (SP1)

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjoe View Post
    One of the main reasons I hate Windows 10 is not because it's a bad OS in itself, but rather, the ETHICS behind it. MSFT pretty much FORCING people to upgrade to it is not my cup of tea. Also, they're instance that Windows 10 is "the most secure Windows ever" and their joking around with the cat pictures are not funny.
    Yes I agree, it's not windows 10 itself that concerns me it's the 'We know best' attitude, the ''oh come on upgrade.. upgrade''

    I do like that they offered it via windows update, but should have released a 'Do not download any GWX files, Windows 10 files, or try to upgrade my system' tool that you could install as a one off and have it able to toggle if you wanted to reverse that, in other words it should have been Microsoft that released the GWX control panel, and it should also work even if you have automatic updates running.

    A user should be able to leave automatic updates on in Windows 7/8/8.1 without worrying about a sneaky upgrade download.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    31 Oct 2015 #45
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 39
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Then that will be the day I go back to Seven.
    It will probably be the day i leave MS OS all together. Not really that impressed with Win 10 and if they are going to keep on pushing then i will finally jump onto Linux or may wait until mid next year and go to Apple OS and Hardware. Its been some time at the back of my mind and i think Win 10 will finally do it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    31 Oct 2015 #46
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    United States
    Posts : 132
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

    Would love comments on this article


    From here: http://arstechnica.com/information-t...rly-next-year/

    Would like everyone's comments especially this bit:

    "Then, early next year, it will be categorized as a "Recommended Update." This is significant, because it means that systems that are configured to download and install recommended updates—which for most people is the safest option—will automatically fetch the upgrade and start its installer. The installer will still require human intervention to actually complete—you won't wake up to find your PC with a different operating system—but Windows users will no longer need to actively seek the upgrade."
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    31 Oct 2015 #47
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    From here: http://arstechnica.com/information-t...rly-next-year/

    Would like everyone's comments especially this bit:

    "Then, early next year, it will be categorized as a "Recommended Update." This is significant, because it means that systems that are configured to download and install recommended updates—which for most people is the safest option—will automatically fetch the upgrade and start its installer. The installer will still require human intervention to actually complete—you won't wake up to find your PC with a different operating system—but Windows users will no longer need to actively seek the upgrade."
    Means nothing to me and it's not going to effect me one bit. What do you think??
    Last edited by BunnyJ; 01 Nov 2015 at 07:30.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    31 Oct 2015 #48
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    United States
    Posts : 132
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

    Well. guess I will stop posting here completely since the first response is snarky from a Gold Member. Used to like these forums since the 7 days. Time to leave it seems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    31 Oct 2015 #49
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 298
    Windows 7 (SP1)

    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    From here: http://arstechnica.com/information-t...rly-next-year/

    Would like everyone's comments especially this bit:

    "Then, early next year, it will be categorized as a "Recommended Update." This is significant, because it means that systems that are configured to download and install recommended updates—which for most people is the safest option—will automatically fetch the upgrade and start its installer. The installer will still require human intervention to actually complete—you won't wake up to find your PC with a different operating system—but Windows users will no longer need to actively seek the upgrade."
    Hi Popeye there is already a very similar thread to this.

    Microsoft to force Windows 10 on users with automatic updates from 201 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    31 Oct 2015 #50
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    United States
    Posts : 132
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

    Thanks zooburner, thing is 10 is not for me. Don't like all the background stuff going on and I have a capped satellite connection. I know can supposedly turn a lot off. Just don't like the default being turned on. MS has lost my trust is the bottom line. They've gone way too commercial with ads, cloud, paid for apps, and other things. Again, I'm old and the dying customer, will not be forced to 10 though. Will switch OS before that.

    And sad the comment from a long time Gold Member. I don't feel welcome here just because I'm not loving 10. Oh well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved I really need to literally stop automatic windows updates.
It's eating my internet quota. Let me update this damn Windows when I'm at work (unmetered connection). Any idea how before I throw in the towel and send hate letter to Microsoft? My situation: This is Windows 10 SL upgraded from Windows 8.1....
Windows Updates and Activation
Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates
Source How to Turn On or Off Automatic Download and Install of App Updates by Store in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 automatic updates failing
Last successful Update Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.1672.0) on 10 Aug was shown as being applied twice. following updates Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3081424) failed to instal twice on 11 Aug....
Windows Updates and Activation
Automatic Updates (Non Windows Drivers)
Hi there, Wondering if anyone could answer something regarding Windows 10. I'm curious about the auto updates. A lot of the drivers I download manually always seem to ship with unnecessary extras I don't require. For eg. Nvidia drivers I...
Windows Updates and Activation
Microsoft updates Windows 10, gets an earful from users...
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums