Windows 10: Windows 10 Update KB3106932 and KB3105210 - October 29

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1.    30 Oct 2015 #51

    I'm not sure if placebo or not, but after the cumulative update...my Windows 10 is far more snappier and responsive. Before update, opening Steam would take 3-4 seconds before it showed the "Connecting" box...after update the second I click the Steam icon from start menu it's already showing the connecting screen.

    Even Firefox now opens and loads in 2-3 seconds instead of the 5-10 seconds it used to take before the update.


    Awesome stuff.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 26,810
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       30 Oct 2015 #52

    just the opposite for me regarding IE 11 before our updates, IE would freeze on me at least once a day, now so far, IE has not froze once, but its still early.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       30 Oct 2015 #53

    laptop opens faster and wow edge was fast before but now even faster so good on Microsoft well done
    Now lets see that the big upgrade does in November
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    30 Oct 2015 #54

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    It's getting better with each build. What I want to see is the features/updates that are included with the November update for the RTM. That better rock.
    I agree 110%. Near the top of my wish list is to have EDGE more like IE11 when it comes to opening .pdf files, since it insists on doing so with web-based PDF links.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 26,810
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       30 Oct 2015 #55

    AllenChicago said: View Post
    I agree 110%. Near the top of my wish list is to have EDGE more like IE11 when it comes to opening .pdf files, since it insists on doing so with web-based PDF links.
    I want Edge to allow addon's until Edge does what every other browser does, in allowing add on apps, then I will never even start it up. Why MS didn't do this right at the beginning, is just lame.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       30 Oct 2015 #56

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I want Edge to allow addon's until Edge does what every other browser does, in allowing add on apps, then I will never even start it up. Why MS didn't do this right at the beginning, is just lame.
    It is lame and after the upcoming event on Nov 2nd., I will try to remove Edge unless it is better but I doubt it will be until Redstone is released.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 26,810
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       30 Oct 2015 #57

    Gary said: View Post
    It is lame and after the upcoming event on Nov 2nd., I will try to remove Edge unless it is better but I doubt it will be until Redstone is released.
    I'm not sure we can remove edge Gary.....think its tried in to Windows and may not allow user to remove. Not sure....kinda like Xbox, you can remove Xbox using powershell, but it really only removes it from apps in start menu, Xbox is still listed in tons of places on my hard drive, and in registry. That just ain't right either!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    30 Oct 2015 #58

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I'm not sure we can remove edge Gary.....think its tried in to Windows and may not allow user to remove. Not sure....kinda like Xbox, you can remove Xbox using powershell, but it really only removes it from apps in start menu, Xbox is still listed in tons of places on my hard drive, and in registry. That just ain't right either!!!
    Let him try.. it's his PC to mess up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    30 Oct 2015 #59

    Funny, update went well, but now i get .NET Errors when i try to run WinAero Tweaker
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 15,001
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       30 Oct 2015 #60

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Let him try.. it's his PC to mess up.
    Ach! Gary's pro enough to make a system image first anyhow, right Gary???
    I tear the OS apart all the time to see what makes it tick or what's new. I love clicking and right clicking.
    But before you start, you'll need the "Take Ownership" from Shawns' tutorial or you won't get very far. A lot of that stuff will need permissions you don't have as user or admin otherwise, like System or TrustedInstaller.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Available now for NXOE enrolled preview members Update is 431 MB
Read more: https://t.co/BrJBTrKDF5
Microsoft has just rolled out a new update for Windows 10 Insider Preview (KB3103470) and the change log is as basic as can be. “This update includes improvements to enhance the functionality of Windows 10,” the change log states. This update is...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24.
Find Us