Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 196
    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
       24 Oct 2015 #41

    Microsoft: Windows 10 Users Should Say No to Chrome and Firefox


    After reading all of the posts in this thread and having used Chrome for years I thought I would give Edge a try again.
    I imported all of my Favorites. OK. then set it to display the Favorites Bar. OK
    The settings screen looks just like Chrome and FireFox.
    Then after going in and out of Edge the bookmarks bar disappeared!
    Then it never ask to save the passwords!
    Then tried to get the bookmarks bar back and would not work.
    I will try again after the Fall Update and see what happens.
    Until then I will stick with Chrome. Oh and right now chrome sometimes fails to launch sites. But on my Windows 8 system all works well. I feel that MS is causing this in windows 10.
    Shipinomore
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       24 Oct 2015 #42

    shipinomore10 said: View Post
    After reading all of the posts in this thread and having used Chrome for years I thought I would give Edge a try again.
    I imported all of my Favorites. OK. then set it to display the Favorites Bar. OK
    The settings screen looks just like Chrome and FireFox.
    Then after going in and out of Edge the bookmarks bar disappeared!
    Then it never ask to save the passwords!
    Then tried to get the bookmarks bar back and would not work.
    I will try again after the Fall Update and see what happens.
    Until then I will stick with Chrome. Oh and right now chrome sometimes fails to launch sites. But on my Windows 8 system all works well. I feel that MS is causing this in windows 10.
    Shipinomore
    Some of the issues you mention have been addressed in the insider builds. In 10565 Edge is better than the RTM version,.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    24 Oct 2015 #43

    "Some of the issues you mention have been addressed in the insider builds. In 10565 Edge is better than the RTM version,."
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
    That's not saying a lot!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       24 Oct 2015 #44

    cbwilsha said: View Post
    "Some of the issues you mention have been addressed in the insider builds. In 10565 Edge is better than the RTM version,."
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________
    That's not saying a lot!
    It's in development.. give it time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    24 Oct 2015 #45

    It will take an awful lot to make me change from Maxthon.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    24 Oct 2015 #46

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    It's in development.. give it time.
    Yeah, but, if one of the other browsers released a version as non-functional as Edge, they'd be shunned to the depths of the earth!
    Never mind what Build it's on.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       24 Oct 2015 #47

    Edwin said: View Post
    Yeah, but, if one of the other browsers released a version as non-functional as Edge, they'd be shunned to the depths of the earth!
    Never mind what Build it's on.
    I agree.. I'm just hoping that MS can get the browser right this time..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,898
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       24 Oct 2015 #48

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I agree.. I'm just hoping that MS can get the browser right this time..
    Jeff, what's that suppose to mean? I love my IE11(10 was pretty good too).
    No other browser let's you set per site security settings(active x controls, tracking protection(Microsoft's version of ABP)smart screen filter...ect. with just a click on the forbidden signClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	707 Bytes 
ID:	44420 and remembers. All other browsers are all or nothing, except the ABP users. I turn off Flash Player and set click to play per site basis. IE1 rocks if you know how to set it up and use it properly(but yeah it crashes after getting updated sometimes, No browser is perfect)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       24 Oct 2015 #49

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Jeff, what's that suppose to mean? I love my IE11(10 was pretty good too).
    No other browser let's you set per site security settings(active x controls, tracking protection(Microsoft's version of ABP)smart screen filter...ect. with just a click on the forbidden signClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	707 Bytes 
ID:	44420 and remembers. All other browsers are all or nothing, except the ABP users. I turn off Flash Player and set click to play per site basis. IE1 rocks if you know how to set it up and use it properly(but yeah it crashes after getting updated sometimes, No browser is perfect)
    I've found that IE11 is not usable for some of the classes I take. And I really never used it. I mostly use FF or Chrome but I dig Edge so far.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 240
    Windows 10
       24 Oct 2015 #50

    Give me a book marks bar like in Google and I will change now
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox
Please see these printscreens of the same youtube vid, both on same quality, one on chrome one on firefox. Pixelation is clearly visible in the chrome pic on at the top. In particular look at the neckline of the guy second from the right. What's...
Browsers and Email
Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera
http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/file/6840_chrome-firefox-opera.jpg Read the full announcement here.
Browsers and Email
Best alternate browser in 10, Firefox or Chrome?
Finally managed to get 10 up and running today! Yipee! The first thing I did was try Edge and I'm not impressed. So I've switched back to Chrome and it seems to be ok. I went with Chrome mainly for Chrometana. How is Firefox working for people...
Browsers and Email
new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC
Does anybody have a solution to this problem. When I open a couple of new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer it freezes my computer completely. It started with the latest Windows 10 update. 1. In Event Viewer - System I have this...
Browsers and Email
IE 12 UI overhaul is a blend of Chrome and Firefox
Read more
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums