Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
  1.    08 Nov 2015 #281
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 142
    Windows 10 Pro Edition Build 16299.64

    Hi All,
    As far as the Edge browser goes..little by little it's getting better, with that said..I'll like it better when it supports extension's, at least for me the LastPass password manager. As far as other browser's, I was using firefox..but kept having issue's with the way it printed web page's, now I'm using the latest google chrome browser..it prints correctly. Of course that's just my opinion.
    David
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    08 Nov 2015 #282
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 442
    Redstone_Four

    HTML 6 Test


    It's the Chromium Project that Edge have to beat: 530 is the number to reach. Under 10240 it was at 402 and now it's at 458 (10586). There making progress but till then there's a long journey ahead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (3).png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    08 Nov 2015 #283
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,561
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.98

    It is getting there that in my eyes is all that matters
    After all the others it has to beat have been going a lot longer
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    08 Nov 2015 #284
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    For me Pale Moon is there. Firefox is there. I do test Edge when I'm running Win 10 TP. It's OK and has improved. I still don't see anything in Edge to make me want to change my from default browser.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    08 Nov 2015 #285
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Germany
    Posts : 146
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Those benchmarks are irrelevant, and it is funny (sad) they are always used by, not just ordinary people, but also by the media in browser tests. Things which are relevant are real world examples, like:

    - render cpu usage
    - (scrolling) speed with lots of gifs/crowded stuff/pages on the screen (for example tumblr dashboard)
    - html5 video cpu usage
    - scrolling speed in general

    And in these, Edge, but also already IE11 was, is beyond anything Chrome and especially Firefox can offer. Chrome got a "bit" better, but not much. The normal uses doesnt notice these scenarios much because of working on a desktop PC with a strong CPU. But if you go away from that, more and more, it shows how good Edge/IE11 is programmed compared to bad Chrome and terrible Firefox. Best real word scenario: Take a baytrail tablet. Edge/IE11 will literally blow away Chrome and especially Firecrap.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    08 Nov 2015 #286
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,361
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    For me Pale Moon is there. Firefox is there. I do test Edge when I'm running Win 10 TP. It's OK and has improved. I still don't see anything in Edge to make me want to change my from default browser.
    There is no longer any TP builds. Anything following the 10240 would be the Insider Preview builds with the latest being the Threshold 2 without any watermark which might just be seen as an update for the 10240 very soon! It also is allowing the use of product keys from the previous versions.

    The Core people refer to or in actuality the MinWin kernel progressed on since 7 sees the core of the OS made modular and why MS is likely seeing the same being needed for the browser as well. The design isn't so much for sand boxing but see less resources used over what has been being seen with IE and other browsers over the years.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    09 Nov 2015 #287
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,544
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
    There is no longer any TP builds. Anything following the 10240 would be the Insider Preview builds with the latest being the Threshold 2 without any watermark which might just be seen as an update for the 10240 very soon! It also is allowing the use of product keys from the previous versions.

    The Core people refer to or in actuality the MinWin kernel progressed on since 7 sees the core of the OS made modular and why MS is likely seeing the same being needed for the browser as well. The design isn't so much for sand boxing but see less resources used over what has been being seen with IE and other browsers over the years.
    I know MS from changed the name from 10 TP to 10 Preview. It's still for testing and that's what I use it for. I still do my main computing in the RTM version.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    09 Nov 2015 #288
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 65
    Win10

    Quote Originally Posted by mkdr View Post
    Those benchmarks are irrelevant, and it is funny (sad) they are always used by, not just ordinary people, but also by the media in browser tests. Things which are relevant are real world examples, like:

    - render cpu usage
    - (scrolling) speed with lots of gifs/crowded stuff/pages on the screen (for example tumblr dashboard)
    - html5 video cpu usage
    - scrolling speed in general

    And in these, Edge, but also already IE11 was, is beyond anything Chrome and especially Firefox can offer. Chrome got a "bit" better, but not much. The normal uses doesnt notice these scenarios much because of working on a desktop PC with a strong CPU. But if you go away from that, more and more, it shows how good Edge/IE11 is programmed compared to bad Chrome and terrible Firefox. Best real word scenario: Take a baytrail tablet. Edge/IE11 will literally blow away Chrome and especially Firecrap.
    Abolutely correct.
    I have such a Baytrail Tablet (N2940, 4GB RAM) and Edge is running absolutely smooth, even on "overloaded" websites with tons of ads.
    Firefox is slow as hell, scrolling websites stutters, pinch2zoom doesn't even work halfway.
    Chrome is a lot better, but also some steps away from EDGE.
    BUT...until EDGE supports at least some Anti tracker and Adblock addon, it is unusable too.
    So I can only chose between Plague and Cholera.
    Crap.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    09 Nov 2015 #289
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Germany
    Posts : 146
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    @vel2000 You dont need crappy adblock addons. You could still use IE11 which supports blocking ( http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists ), or better, use a DNS block in your routers hosts file, or via your Windows hosts file, Google "winhelp mvps hosts".
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Nov 2015 #290
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 66
    Windows 10

    MS sound a bit desperate in the OP. I have never used MS software, apart from O/S, and probably never will. If hackers want a way in, it's the big boy's they'll hit first.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox
Please see these printscreens of the same youtube vid, both on same quality, one on chrome one on firefox. Pixelation is clearly visible in the chrome pic on at the top. In particular look at the neckline of the guy second from the right. What's...
Browsers and Email
Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera
http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/file/6840_chrome-firefox-opera.jpg Read the full announcement here.
Browsers and Email
Best alternate browser in 10, Firefox or Chrome?
Finally managed to get 10 up and running today! Yipee! The first thing I did was try Edge and I'm not impressed. So I've switched back to Chrome and it seems to be ok. I went with Chrome mainly for Chrometana. How is Firefox working for people...
Browsers and Email
new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC
Does anybody have a solution to this problem. When I open a couple of new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer it freezes my computer completely. It started with the latest Windows 10 update. 1. In Event Viewer - System I have this...
Browsers and Email
IE 12 UI overhaul is a blend of Chrome and Firefox
Read more
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums