Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1.    27 Oct 2015 #121
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Portsmouth Hampshire
    Posts : 1,868
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240

    Quote Originally Posted by Cluster Head View Post
    Edge is getting really close to Firefox with its HTML5 test score. Nice to see that.

    [img]Attachment 44874[/img]
    Except, with a regularly updated build 10240 RTM, running Edge12, I get :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3).png 
Views:	7 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	44953
    Firefox 41.0:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (5).png 
Views:	5 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	44954
    Chrome 48:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (4).png 
Views:	5 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	44956
    So the version of edge most ordinary users have is still way behind.
    Last edited by Fafhrd; 27 Oct 2015 at 12:17.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    27 Oct 2015 #122
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 91
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by blutos cousin View Post
    Only problem is Edge doesent work well it was rushed out and is very unstable and unresponsive with more than 3 tabs open for more than a few minutes i.e. it's useless !

    Chome works fine and F/F ain't bad ,IE 11 is a third place show but useable !
    The entire RTM was rushed out, I use Firefox and it works just fine now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    27 Oct 2015 #123
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The entire RTM was rushed out, I use Firefox and it works just fine now.
    When would you have like it to come out then?? Late next year maybe?? No matter how much testing is done there will always be bugs. Get it now??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    27 Oct 2015 #124
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,561
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.98

    Why is certain people having a go about Edge for instant what adverts I have not had any at all, also video and you tube play better with Edge.
    CHROME when I tried it on my friends machine made it so slow, you tube played up and don't start me off about IE11 biggest load off shit out.
    Before some one saids about must be his laptop, he has same model as me.
    Took CHROME off and it now runs as it should.
    Also as another poster as put when where they suppose to bring it out next year or perhaps never.
    Well everyone get over it as Edge is here to stay and will be for a long time to come.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    27 Oct 2015 #125
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 91
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    Why is certain people having a go about Edge for instant what adverts I have not had any at all, also video and you tube play better with Edge.
    CHROME when I tried it on my friends machine made it so slow, you tube played up and don't start me off about IE11 biggest load off shit out.
    Before some one saids about must be his laptop, he has same model as me.
    Took CHROME off and it now runs as it should.
    Also as another poster as put when where they suppose to bring it out next year or perhaps never.


    Well everyone get over it as Edge is here to stay and will be for a long time to come.
    It is a matter of choice. I may use Edge once it it finished or I may continue to use Firefox. I will never use IE. Now, Edge is a work in progress.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    27 Oct 2015 #126
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 19,115
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    Why is certain people having a go about Edge for instant what adverts I have not had any at all, also video and you tube play better with Edge.
    CHROME when I tried it on my friends machine made it so slow, you tube played up and don't start me off about IE11 biggest load off shit out.
    Before some one saids about must be his laptop, he has same model as me.
    Took CHROME off and it now runs as it should.
    Also as another poster as put when where they suppose to bring it out next year or perhaps never.
    Well everyone get over it as Edge is here to stay and will be for a long time to come.
    Perhaps stop with the double standards if you want people to take you seriously

    you complain when people say anything negative about Edge, but then you do the same about other browsers
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    27 Oct 2015 #127
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    Perhaps stop with the double standards if you want people to take you seriously

    you complain when people say anything negative about Edge, but then you do the same about other browsers
    So true. choosing a browser is a personal decision and it should never be criticized. /period!

    Just another .. well.. never mind.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    27 Oct 2015 #128
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,001
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Today I watched a couple of YouTube vids on Edge, and I must say, they ran better with that than my Chrome 64bit.

    And I tried downloading with it(hadn't done that yet) and it was Damn fast!

    Those two things aside, until it has tracking protection(the real Geeks know what I mean) and I can set security on a per site basis, it remains just another tool for me, and not my primary. I have 64 bit Chrome(only for Google stuff), 32bit Firefox for certain other things because of specific add-ons, and I use 64bit Internet Explorer for my main browser(until it decides to play quirky then I slip to Firefox).

    It's just like I have four media players for different things.

    I think browser are like "wimen's & beea", everybody has there own taste.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    27 Oct 2015 #129
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,464
    Windows 10 Professional

    Same pop-up appears with Groove Music but I still need Windows Media Player to rip my CD's.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    27 Oct 2015 #130
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 91
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Today I watched a couple of YouTube vids on Edge, and I must say, they ran better with that than my Chrome 64bit.

    And I tried downloading with it(hadn't done that yet) and it was Damn fast!

    Those two things aside, until it has tracking protection(the real Geeks know what I mean) and I can set security on a per site basis, it remains just another tool for me, and not my primary. I have 64 bit Chrome(only for Google stuff), 32bit Firefox for certain other things because of specific add-ons, and I use 64bit Internet Explorer for my main browser(until it decides to play quirky then I slip to Firefox).

    It's just like I have four media players for different things.

    I think browser are like "wimen's & beea", everybody has there own taste.
    That is why I post that it is a matter of Choice. I choose to use Firefox and I will continue to do so until Edge becomes better than Firefox. On that day I will consider it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox
Please see these printscreens of the same youtube vid, both on same quality, one on chrome one on firefox. Pixelation is clearly visible in the chrome pic on at the top. In particular look at the neckline of the guy second from the right. What's...
Browsers and Email
Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera
http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/file/6840_chrome-firefox-opera.jpg Read the full announcement here.
Browsers and Email
Best alternate browser in 10, Firefox or Chrome?
Finally managed to get 10 up and running today! Yipee! The first thing I did was try Edge and I'm not impressed. So I've switched back to Chrome and it seems to be ok. I went with Chrome mainly for Chrometana. How is Firefox working for people...
Browsers and Email
new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer freezes PC
Does anybody have a solution to this problem. When I open a couple of new tabs in Google Chrome ,Firefox or Internet Explorer it freezes my computer completely. It started with the latest Windows 10 update. 1. In Event Viewer - System I have this...
Browsers and Email
IE 12 UI overhaul is a blend of Chrome and Firefox
Read more
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums