Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. TairikuOkami's Avatar
    Posts : 4,688
    Windows Home Dev 21xxx x64
       #10

    AllenChicago said:
    Average User does not equal dumb!
    Well, ... . When you visit tech webpages and forums like this one, you might get an idea, that people know their way around Windows and such, but those people make like 0.1% of users. I am actually amazed, that some people manage to find a support forum and post a question, but numbers prove plain facts.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 142
    dual boot win10/win7
       #11

    Coke Robot;433201
    ...
    Although what amuses me is that people will dive head first into a new smartphone OS update on day one, the MOST vital computing device used today, a lot people's way of communicating to the outside world, without any disregard or concern whatsoever. apple is so notorious for day one bugs that don't get fixed for several weeks. android I can understand because only the last 100 million people that bought an android device can get the update within the year. [B said:
    But when it comes to Windows, lock the doors, shut the windows, disconnect the internet, all hell as broken loose.[/B] A free upgrade that has a chockfull of great new features if you're coming from 7, lots of refinement if you're coming from 8.1, and the only thing anyone is concerned about is obscure privacy "concerns" (as if Windows is the first platform to use user data without the user's knowledge) and the updates are only automatic in 10 without being able to be changed (as if more than 12 people even change that function, only pirates do).

    And then there's the group that "just don't need it." Ok, that's understandable. Your grandparents just got used to 8.1, no need to be changing things up. But even still, if those people that don't need it because they just email and browse the interwebs, older software isn't going to cut it down the road. We don't need another Windows Xp.
    Wow. I guess I posted this in the wrong place.

    Patch Tuesday feeds win 10 pop-up to win7 users?

    There are many presumptions in your post. The thing is, many respectable blogs have been following, and this past week has not been kind to MS. And the OP info is fuel to the fire, IMO.

    It's not the OS. it's the tactics. Android, Apple, I know what I'm getting into. But to 'accidentally' upgrade Win7 users? 'It's free' is not an excuse. 'Better' is subjective. 'Corporations have the right...it's free.' =crazy. Only the 'lame' and 'old' is insulting.

    Maybe your comparison might be more applicable if MS had a major share in ARM and smart devices, but they do not. The Surface products look very nice indeed, but the corporate culture is stinking this past week, and it is a turn-off to many of their base: the majority being win 7 users.
      My Computer

  3. Night Hawk's Avatar
    Posts : 3,365
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Well that's who took over for Steve Balmer when he stepped down! This is the lame thinking you are seeing there as they try to feebly cover up just what their plans had been. The problem is and what resulted in seeing the petition to start with is most users automatically know when something isn't right! You don't have to be any OS geek to smell what was being shoveled!

    The back fire is taking place as I was feeling would come out of how MS was handling things at this time. It reminds me of one interview with BG right after 8 was first out about how he claimed to prefer the Start menu and Windows or over Metro. You can take that as a factual statement or "saving face in the public spotlight"?! Likewise the CEO's statement there has to be taken with a grain of salt for very similar reasons only this time by surprise attacks on how 10 is being brought in!
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 142
    dual boot win10/win7
       #13

    TairikuOkami said:
    Well, ... . When you visit tech webpages and forums like this one, you might get an idea, that people know their way around Windows and such, but those people make like 0.1% of users. I am actually amazed, that some people manage to find a support forum and post a question, but numbers prove plain facts.
    People also lurk and find answers for themselves, or call support, or contact that 'friend' that MS suggests.
      My Computer

  5. Night Hawk's Avatar
    Posts : 3,365
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
    Thread Starter
       #14

    TairikuOkami said:
    Well, ... . When you visit tech webpages and forums like this one, you might get an idea, that people know their way around Windows and such, but those people make like 0.1% of users. I am actually amazed, that some people manage to find a support forum and post a question, but numbers prove plain facts.
    That's because most new pc owners are simply put "Lazy" buying a pc for checking the inbox and yapping on the social networks when not on a smart phone these days! If something breaks they end up being dumbfounded for the most part.

    For the Windows "Fan" or "Geek" on the other hand especially those who custom build their own desktop cases as well as take of the OS problems they are far more likely to look for and post questions in order to get answers for things if not able to find out for themselves.

    That's where you end up at the opposite end of the totem pole when it comes to experienced vs dumb founded. not including everything in between expert and .... "Uninformed"?! Yet I've seen enough uninformed still find their way onto forums like these! Uninformed novice users still doesn't qualify as being dumb however! "Lacking in Experience" is the much better suited expression.
      My Computer

  6. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 3,031
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #15

    Same old repetitive, I want this, I want that, what can I do on W10 that I cannot do on W7.
    Some want to hang on to their teddy bear, whilst other seek technological advancement.
    The answer is simple, you have a choice if you don't like W10, there other options.
    Please, post your moaning whining and dissatisfaction on the appropriate forum, not on W10.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 139
    Tried 10 Returned to 8.1
       #16

    dencal said:
    Please, post your moaning whining and dissatisfaction on the appropriate forum, not on W10.
    You must not like this entire thread.

    I suggest if you don't like what you see then don't read it. It's simple, you have choices and other options.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 142
    dual boot win10/win7
       #17

    dencal said:
    Same old repetitive, I want this, I want that, what can I do on W10 that I cannot do on W7.
    Some want to hang on to their teddy bear, whilst other seek technological advancement.
    The answer is simple, you have a choice if you don't like W10, there other options.
    Please, post your moaning whining and dissatisfaction on the appropriate forum, not on W10.
    It's a windows 10 issue that has affected other window's users. You only use 1 OS, and that being Win 10, and that is the reason for being so glib?

    http://arstechnica.com/information-t...s-7-8-systems/

    Or you are just misinformed.
      My Computer

  9. Mystere's Avatar
    Posts : 3,257
    Windows 10 Pro
       #18

    Gary said:
    Many are irked more about the privacy concerns, as well as MS being pushy about upgrading to 10.
    "Perceived" privacy concerns. What most people don't understand is that this is really nothing new. This is just Microsoft TELLING YOU what they're doing, and giving you the opt out. They used to do this stuff for years, without telling you and no opt out.

    I have a friend who said he was going to switch internet hosting companies. I asked him why. He said, they have too much downtime.. so I went and checked things out... statistically they had better uptime than any of the providers he wanted to switch to, but those providers didn't release regular reports on their downtime and give notices when they occurred (even if it was only for a few seconds and affected only a small percentage of their customers). The company he used did.

    In other words, because the company was so transparent and up front about their level of service, the impression was created that they had poor service, while the competitors who had worse service were looked at as better options... because they kept their mouths shut.

    People need to learn that EVERYONE is doing this. Microsoft isn't going to change, they're just making you aware of it.

    Most of what MS is doing they are doing in Windows 7, but they're not telling you they are. Windows 10 actually gives you MORE control than Windows 7 does in this regard.
      My Computer

  10. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #19

    Night Hawk said:
    That's because most new pc owners are simply put "Lazy" buying a pc for checking the inbox and yapping on the social networks when not on a smart phone these days! If something breaks they end up being dumbfounded for the most part.

    For the Windows "Fan" or "Geek" on the other hand especially those who custom build their own desktop cases as well as take of the OS problems they are far more likely to look for and post questions in order to get answers for things if not able to find out for themselves.

    That's where you end up at the opposite end of the totem pole when it comes to experienced vs dumb founded. not including everything in between expert and .... "Uninformed"?! Yet I've seen enough uninformed still find their way onto forums like these! Uninformed novice users still doesn't qualify as being dumb however! "Lacking in Experience" is the much better suited expression.
    Huh?? "Lazy".. this entire post just blows my mind.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums