Windows 10: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3097617)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 132
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1607
       15 Oct 2015 #51

    I gave up


    I gave up on this issue as it wont install on several PC's. They using Windows Defender & 2 of them was updated from Windows 7 & other Clean Install. I Rolled back to Windows 7 & other I took all updates out & try it again but same error on clean install.. On 2 of my others it installed but made PC's slow as hell. Those PC have AVG 2016 Internet Security & after update it enabled Windows Defender & when you shut it off after reboot it enables again. I uninstalled the update on those 2 PC's & all fine but it auto installs it again. Is there a way to disable this update & hide it. Seems Windows 10 isn't stable yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       15 Oct 2015 #52

    Manually downloaded x64 kb3097617 and installed, since update was stuck at 4%. but after restart windows is still trying to download same patch again.

    will windows download this update again?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails up his.jpg   up stuck.jpg  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       15 Oct 2015 #53

    It also consumed 800mb of HDD space, before it was 34.2 and now it is 33.6 gb left.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,563
    Windows 10 Pro x64 RS 10586.586
    Thread Starter
       15 Oct 2015 #54

    Hi!
    Same here. Installed the patch manually, reboot and the WU download the KB3097616 again. After a new reboot (needs a little bit longer) everything was fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    15 Oct 2015 #55

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    Update installed successfully..

    Have a question, if you have another AV installed, is it supposed to download Windows Defender updates and then fail in the installation?

    Attachment 42769
    I had this exact same problem a while back, kept getting defender updates, and was not using defender or the windows firewall.
    Later I found out that I had disabled defender in my group policy editor, I changed the setting in their to disable. Windows didn't like that, and kept trying to send me the updates and they would always fail, so I went back in to gpe and set it back to the original setting of "Not Configured" Problem solved !! No more failed updates from Microsoft. If you changed that setting like I did, that might be your problem. Just thought I would throw that out their.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       15 Oct 2015 #56

    I noticed WU made a backup of cumulative update when i ran standalone setup.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       15 Oct 2015 #57

    Cluster Head said: View Post
    Hi!
    Same here. Installed the patch manually, reboot and the WU download the KB3097616 again. After a new reboot (needs a little bit longer) everything was fine.
    Thanks for the link, otherwise my pc would have stuck at same 4% till now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,563
    Windows 10 Pro x64 RS 10586.586
    Thread Starter
       15 Oct 2015 #58

    vivek kumar said: View Post
    Thanks for the link, otherwise my pc would have stuck at same 4% till now.
    Your welcome and glad to help you!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 935
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       15 Oct 2015 #59

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I had this exact same problem a while back, kept getting defender updates, and was not using defender or the windows firewall.
    Later I found out that I had disabled defender in my group policy editor, I changed the setting in their to disable. Windows didn't like that, and kept trying to send me the updates and they would always fail, so I went back in to gpe and set it back to the original setting of "Not Configured" Problem solved !! No more failed updates from Microsoft. If you changed that setting like I did, that might be your problem. Just thought I would throw that out their.
    Thanks for the pointer, I'm on Win10 Home so there is no Group Policy Editor aka gpedit.msc unfortunately. I tried to do the updates manually by downloading mpam-fe.exe except nothing happens when I run the file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    16 Oct 2015 #60

    Almighty, here you can download gpedit.msc setup.exe Works for me on Home version
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Go this today. More info if available would be appreciated!
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081438 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required.
How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015
I know that a lot of people have been having issues with this update, but I haven't even been able to get the update to appear in Windows Update, it's not in my Update History so im pretty sure it didn't install without me knowing, and when I check...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:18.
Find Us