Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565 Insider

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
  1.    13 Oct 2015 #141

    Edwin said: View Post
    Groove no longer goes silent when minimized or when navigating to another 'virtual desktop'.
    Thank God, I hadn't checked that yet, good to know, that was very annoying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    13 Oct 2015 #142

    BillyBob said: View Post
    As far as I can see you can install a Preview and then put in a Previous Win 7 or 8 key to activate, maybe I'm reading it wrong.
    I think you are reading it wrong. You cannot use a Windows 7 or 8 key to install 10. You can only use such a key if you have upgraded already from a copy of Windows 7 or 8 AND the key is the same one that activated that 7 or 8.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 16,210
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       13 Oct 2015 #143

    Cbarnhorst said: View Post
    I think you are reading it wrong. You cannot use a Windows 7 or 8 key to install 10. You can only use such a key if you have upgraded already from a copy of Windows 7 or 8 AND the key is the same one that activated that 7 or 8.
    Yes, that's the way I read it too. I would add: on the same machine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    13 Oct 2015 #144

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yes, that's the way I read it too. I would add: on the same machine.
    Agreed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 766
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16257
       13 Oct 2015 #145

    Love this build so far. Smooth and fast!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    13 Oct 2015 #146

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yes, that's the way I read it too. I would add: on the same machine.
    Well Girls and guys. That's not the way I read it so have to break out the old test machine and see what works. First I need to do a esd to iso . Love this insider build stuff. Source is insider hub

    Device activation improvements: We have received a lot of feedback from Insiders on making it easier to activate Windows 10 on devices that take advantage of the free upgrade offer to genuine Windows by using existing Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 product keys. If you install this build of the Windows 10 Insider Preview on a PC and it doesn’t automatically activate, you can enter the product key from Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 used to activate the prior Windows version on the same device to activate Windows 10 by going to Settings > Update & security > Activation and selecting Change Product Key. If you do a clean install of Windows 10 by booting off the media, you can also enter the product key from prior Windows versions on qualifying devices during setup. For more information on these activation improvements including requirements – see this post in the Insider Hub.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 16,210
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       13 Oct 2015 #147

    Charlie said: View Post
    Well Girls and guys. That's not the way I read it so have to break out the old test machine and see what works. First I need to do a esd to iso . Love this insider build stuff. Source is insider hub

    Device activation improvements: We have received a lot of feedback from Insiders on making it easier to activate Windows 10 on devices that take advantage of the free upgrade offer to genuine Windows by using existing Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 product keys. If you install this build of the Windows 10 Insider Preview on a PC and it doesn’t automatically activate, you can enter the product key from Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 used to activate the prior Windows version on the same device to activate Windows 10 by going to Settings > Update & security > Activation and selecting Change Product Key. If you do a clean install of Windows 10 by booting off the media, you can also enter the product key from prior Windows versions on qualifying devices during setup. For more information on these activation improvements including requirements – see this post in the Insider Hub.
    Hmmm, I have a very old HP laptop that I was going to put Ubuntu on, but I guess I can install Windows 10 on it and then see if one of my older unused Win 7 Ultimate keys will work. Gotta be tomorrow, tho.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 766
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16257
       13 Oct 2015 #148

    "... of the free upgrade offer to genuine Windows by using existing Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 product keys."

    Does that means you need to install to a machine with Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 product key first, but not need to go through upgrade procedure?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 12,192
    W10Prox64
       13 Oct 2015 #149

    sbdresner said: View Post
    Downloaded 10565 but it failed to install. Stopped wuauserv and bits. Deleted all files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution. Started wuauserv and bits. Rebooted. Now can't download 10565 again because I seem to be "Up to Date." Still on 10532. Same thing happened with 10547.

    Please help.

    Steve
    Steve,
    Firstly, I suspect that MS servers are being hammered for the download right now. Secondly, once you delete the folder and stop/restart wuauserv+bits, (or even toggle Fast Ring/Slow/Fast), I believe you get put at the back of the line. It used to take 24-48 hours for the upgrade to reappear in Windows Update with prior builds.

    If you show hidden and system files, look and see if you have the C:\$Windows~BT\Sources folder or C:\$Windows~WS\Sources folder still residing on the machine. If so, there will be an install.ESD or installx64.ESD file. You can use the ESD to ISO tutorial to make an ISO and install the upgrade that way, mounting the ISO by right-clicking, and running setup.exe from within the current W10 OS.

    Cbarnhorst said: View Post
    I think you are reading it wrong. You cannot use a Windows 7 or 8 key to install 10. You can only use such a key if you have upgraded already from a copy of Windows 7 or 8 AND the key is the same one that activated that 7 or 8.


    Wynona said: View Post
    Yes, that's the way I read it too. I would add: on the same machine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    13 Oct 2015 #150

    The test pc I will use has vista and 7 dual boot. Just going to try installing on the 7 partition and see if it will accept the key.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10532 for PC | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05.
Find Us