Windows 10: The old Control panel may soon be gone

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
  1.    22 Oct 2015 #271

    MS is not going to remove Control Panel until everything in Control Panel is moved over to Settings. The worst that's going to happen is that we will have feel our way around In Settings until we learn where everything is. I doubt it will take long to get use the changes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. spapakons's Avatar
    Posts : 2,149
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.693)
       22 Oct 2015 #272

    As said before, I have no problem adapting to and using the new Settings app. I only worry that they might miss some controls when they remove the classic Control Panel. How can I be assured that everything will be included? I cannot do anything about it, I'll just wait and see. I suggest that after Settings is mature enough to replace Control Panel, they should keep both for a little period to let users get familiar with Settings first, before they finally remove the Control Panel. Give us some time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. HippsieGypsie's Avatar
    Posts : 21,466
    Tower: W8.1 Pro; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       22 Oct 2015 #273

    spapakons said: View Post
    As said before, I have no problem adapting to and using the new Settings app. I only worry that they might miss some controls when they remove the classic Control Panel. How can I be assured that everything will be included? I cannot do anything about it, I'll just wait and see. I suggest that after Settings is mature enough to replace Control Panel, they should keep both for a little period to let users get familiar with Settings first, before they finally remove the Control Panel. Give us some time.
    Ok, spapakons. That's a good idea and a fair one at that. I suggest to comment with that in the Feedback app. I'll do the same.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. spapakons's Avatar
    Posts : 2,149
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.693)
       22 Oct 2015 #274

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Ok, spapakons. That's a good idea and a fair one at that. I suggest to comment with that in the Feedback app. I'll do the same.
    I have already, but I am not sure if they will care or even read it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 18,560
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       22 Oct 2015 #275

    Winuser said: View Post
    MS is not going to remove Control Panel until everything in Control Panel is moved over to Settings. The worst that's going to happen is that we will have feel our way around In Settings until we learn where everything is. I doubt it will take long to get use the changes.
    Thank you for stating it that way. G-Mode works just fine, and anyone who wishes to get into the guts of the OS, backup, put your boots on, and dive in!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. HippsieGypsie's Avatar
    Posts : 21,466
    Tower: W8.1 Pro; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       22 Oct 2015 #276

    To those that don't think powerful convertibles or pads being introduced, or even phones now with the power presently using Continuum as we saw MS demonstrate at there device event. Go out and buy, let's say 1,000 PCs that you need and support or give 1,000 of your employees, let's say $600/$800 incentive bonus towards BYOD. After all, businesses are slimming back in this economy. I think that would be a win/win situation. The company saves some bucks and the employee has a device to use for business and personal use.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    22 Oct 2015 #277

    spapakons said: View Post
    As you may already know, not everybody is using a tablet, let alone a Windows tablet which is too pricey. Most Microsoft's customers use a traditional desktop PC. And Windows 10 is a desktop OS, so it should give priority to desktop computers, not tablets!
    Hmmm see I'm not sure I see eye to eye with you, even though you and I do share the same priorities as users. Even though I prefer older versions of Windows and I'm not big on mobile devices, I know that I DO NOT represent the majority of people. Most people use mobile devices, and only use PCs or desktops at work, and even that's about to change.

    Windows needs to become a hybrid OS (or at the very Microsoft NEEDS to be seen by its shareholders as playing in the same sandbox with Google and Apple.) How can you expect a business to give priority to a shrinking market? You do agree that desktops are a shrinking market right? You do see that almost EVERYBODY is embracing phones or to a lesser extent, tablets, right? If you were a shareholder at Microsoft, what would you want them to do?

    I've always loved records, but in 1990, I couldn't tell Warner, Sony/CBS and A&M to put CD manufacturing aside and give priority to pressing vinyl, only because I was here buying it all along.O nly a few of us were left, and we weren't spending enough to pay shareholder dividends.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. bobjoe's Avatar
    Posts : 230
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista
       22 Oct 2015 #278

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    The full-blown edition is just not for tower PCs anymore. MS isn't going to write a specific OS for the dwindling tower PC and conventional laptop markets. Makes no business sense whatsoever. Besides, there's the Enterprise and Education editions. I should think some here should check those out. Good grief. Get over it and move on already.
    Dwindling tower PC and conventional laptop markets? Umm, what? Got any evidence to back that up?




    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    I use Settings now have not been in control panel for ages, and I am a senior user but not a stick in the mud
    Your age, my age, and anyone else's age is irrelevant. Whether you're 2 or 90, everyone will have different opinions.


    KY COLONEL said: View Post
    Yeah, like the so called "GOD MODE",, it works very well indeed.
    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Thank you for stating it that way. G-Mode works just fine, and anyone who wishes to get into the guts of the OS, backup, put your boots on, and dive in!
    I don't think you understand that GMode is nothing more than shortcuts to the Control Panel... If CP goes, so does GMode.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 12
    XP, 7, 8.1, 10TP
       23 Oct 2015 #279

    I don't care if it's called Control Panel or Settings, as long as everything is in one place and there are plenty of "advanced settings" to tweak and speed up the system myself. I wouldn't like to just use the "recommended" Settings and let choose Microsoft every decision, turning my PC into a "Cloud-Computer".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. spapakons's Avatar
    Posts : 2,149
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.693)
       23 Oct 2015 #280

    wert said: View Post
    I don't care if it's called Control Panel or Settings, as long as everything is in one place and there are plenty of "advanced settings" to tweak and speed up the system myself. I wouldn't like to just use the "recommended" Settings and let choose Microsoft every decision, turning my PC into a "Cloud-Computer".
    Thank you! That is exactly what I'm talking about! Settings is not complete yet, so they shouldn't remove Control Panel. When it is complete and HAS advanced controls (not only basics for novices), then I would have no problem switching. Until then please keep both. Don't remove it unless you are 100% sure it is complete and there is no single control missing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved where is the control panel? in General Support
this is probably a dumb question, but I want to delete a program and can't find the control panel. I've looked in settings but don't see it anywhere.
Control Panel in General Support
I hope someone can assist me. I upgraded to Win 10 and when I go to the Control Panel, by default it opens as Large icons. I change it to Category as that is how I want it to open but it keeps on defaulting back to what I don't want. Very...
Control Panel in Win10 in General Support
Has anyone got a better way to get to the old style control panel? I don't like Win10 menu for the control panel... thanx
Now that I've got Win10,, I was looking around and clicking on stuff to see what was under the hood, I found that you can get to the Old Control Panel like in Win 7, problem is I don't remember how I got there. Can any one help me on this? I don't...
control panel in General Support
I have 10130 and am surprised to still have the control panel, although the icon has changed. Has anyone still got theirs?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums