The old Control panel may soon be gone

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
  1. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #230

    spapakons said:
    And it would be that hard using the classic Control Panel on a tablet? Instead of click you tap. You can then use the zoom gesture if you cannot read the text and select the control you want. There is a way if Microsoft wants.
    MS doesn't want to support two versions of the CP anymore. One day it will become part of history, like it or not.
      My Computer

  2. spapakons's Avatar
    Posts : 2,891
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 202H (Nov 2020 build 19042.867)
       #231

    I have no problem adapting to the new Settings app, as long as it has ALL the controls that classic Control Panel has. For the time being, unfortunately this is not the case! I only hope Microsoft will make sure every single control is properly migrated to the Settings app before they remove Control Panel. And I mean everything! I hate when I am limited to only basic settings, while in the past I could do many more.
      My Computer

  3. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #232

    spapakons said:
    I have no problem adapting to the new Settings app, as long as it has ALL the controls that classic Control Panel has. For the time being, unfortunately this is not the case! I only hope Microsoft will make sure every single control is properly migrated to the Settings app before they remove Control Panel. And I mean everything! I hate when I am limited to only basic settings, while in the past I could do many more.
    MS is not done moving items to the settings. And again, you're over reacting and MS has not said that they will just have "basic" settings in the future.
      My Computer

  4. spapakons's Avatar
    Posts : 2,891
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 202H (Nov 2020 build 19042.867)
       #233

    Well, it has only basic settings now, and I'm a bit worried. How can I trust them they will give full functionality at Settings app before they remove Control Panel? I don't like using third-party utilities for a simple task that was previously available in Control Panel.
      My Computer

  5. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #234

    spapakons said:
    Well, it has only basic settings now, and I'm a bit worried. How can I trust them they will give full functionality at Settings app before they remove Control Panel? I don't like using third-party utilities for a simple task that was previously available in Control Panel.
    Seriously.. you need to calm down about this. MS is not done with the swap to the settings.
      My Computer

  6. spapakons's Avatar
    Posts : 2,891
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 202H (Nov 2020 build 19042.867)
       #235

    OK, let's wait and see. Besides there is nothing we can do. Microsoft has already decided and won't listen to us anyway. Let's hope third-party tools will cover any feature non implemented in Settings.
      My Computer

  7. bobjoe's Avatar
    Posts : 282
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista
       #236

    I think the REAL question here is: why?

    The "two settings panels" problem was invented by Microsoft in Windows 8. Nobody asked for the "PC Settings app". They invented a problem in which they're now desperately trying to fix.

    As someone else mentioned, all you have to do if you're on a tablet is zoom in. The CP works just fine that way.
      My Computer

  8. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 12,512
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #237

    Microsoft is not desperate. It's their OS. They designed it and built it the way they wanted it and are making the changes they want to. They have said since the beginning that changes to the OS will be made and they are doing it, so What's the big deal? The truth is, no matter what Microsoft does, there will be some people who like it and some who don't. Windows 10 is an evolving OS and we all have to learn to deal with it or go back to Windows 7/8.1 or some other OS we like. You have no idea what they are going to do or how it will be implemented. You have nothing to complain about. You are only complaining about something is going to change. I have news for you. Over the next few years a lot of things are going to change. Some you may like, some you may not. But, change is inevitable. Complaining about something that doesn't exist and you have no idea how it will look when it does exist is simply not logical.
      My Computers

  9. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,879
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #238

    essenbe said:
    Microsoft is not desperate. It's their OS. They designed it and built it the way they wanted it and are making the changes they want to. They have said since the beginning that changes to the OS will be made and they are doing it, so What's the big deal? The truth is, no matter what Microsoft does, there will be some people who like it and some who don't. Windows 10 is an evolving OS and we all have to learn to deal with it or go back to Windows 7/8.1 or some other OS we like. You have no idea what they are going to do or how it will be implemented. You have nothing to complain about. You are only complaining about something is going to change. I have news for you. Over the next few years a lot of things are going to change. Some you may like, some you may not. But, change is inevitable. Complaining about something that doesn't exist and you have no idea how it will look when it does exist is simply not logical.
    Nice to hear a voice of REASON in here sir!!! Well said, well written, and of course I agree.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       #239

    essenbe said:
    Microsoft is not desperate. It's their OS. They designed it and built it the way they wanted it and are making the changes they want to. They have said since the beginning that changes to the OS will be made and they are doing it, so What's the big deal? The truth is, no matter what Microsoft does, there will be some people who like it and some who don't. Windows 10 is an evolving OS and we all have to learn to deal with it or go back to Windows 7/8.1 or some other OS we like. You have no idea what they are going to do or how it will be implemented. You have nothing to complain about. You are only complaining about something is going to change. I have news for you. Over the next few years a lot of things are going to change. Some you may like, some you may not. But, change is inevitable. Complaining about something that doesn't exist and you have no idea how it will look when it does exist is simply not logical.

    Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
    John F. Kennedy
      My Computer


 
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums