Windows 10: The old Control panel may soon be gone

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 16,504
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       19 Oct 2015 #151

    paulsalter said: View Post
    My tablet uses the full version of windows 10, everything I can do on my desktop I can do on the tablet

    Why should it only be used on things like trains?

    My tablet is a PC, no difference except the method of input
    And using continuum with a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, it is aa full PC, albeit slower because of power constraints, but still a PC, same with phones...
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    19 Oct 2015 #152

    Cliff S said: View Post
    And using continuum with a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, it is aa full PC, albeit slower because of power constraints, but still a PC, same with phones...
    looking forward to seeing continuum working on the phones
    depends on the cost as to whether I go for it, but sounds interesting
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 31,127
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273
       19 Oct 2015 #153

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    True.. but coming into a windows 10 forum and making a statement like that is just .. well, silly. But, heck if people have nothing better to do than complain about 10 .. heck let them have at it. I'll keep on using it and loving it.
    Silly alright. Hijacking a thread to use for trolling. It's not even on topic anymore.

    Earlier on I stated there was no need to quote me any longer. You give me no other choice. Please do likewise with me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BJ Hidden.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	43520
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    19 Oct 2015 #154

    Sorry Paul, do you really think a tablet can do everything a desktop can.....

    And an IPHONE is a computer AND TV.

    Let's get serious here.


    jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 31,127
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273
       19 Oct 2015 #155

    jeffrys said: View Post
    Sorry Paul, do you really think a tablet can do everything a desktop can.....

    And an IPHONE is a computer AND TV.

    Let's get serious here.


    jeff
    Watch Live Event about Windows 10 devices on October 6th 2015 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    19 Oct 2015 #156

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    I for one love Windows 10 and I am 67.
    To me it is the best one yet.
    All the other windows I used and I started using windows 95 upwards suck as far as I am concerned.
    I have got rid of my replacement mail app that I used to have to use, as the new one now does the job that I was paying another third party to do the job.
    Have also got rid of third party office as now with windows 10 and Office 2016 my HP printer works as good as gold.
    With vista, 7,8. 8.1 it would not print start from word etc.
    I don't use defender as I have the whole house and phone protected with my antivirus.
    My smart phone also works better with windows 10 transferring doc and photos over.
    I don't like IE11 so have got rid of that and I use Edge.
    Windows 10 is for the future and I will use it until they put me in my box.
    Seems like you only come on here to slag off windows 10.
    So a 110 million downloads of windows 10 is wrong then and that is without the business side of things to come and all the new laptops and computers coming out.
    Up to date I have helped 40 friends get rid of vista and windows 7 and install windows 10.
    Even windows XP was better than vista and 7

    Vista is rubbish and 7 is no better.
    And that's perfectly fine. I really don't agree with most of your points, but that doesn't make you wrong. I'm not sure what your age has to do with loving Windows 10. Many people in different age groups have different adaptability levels and embrace different things.

    And no, I don't just come here to slag Windows 10, although there is room for counter-comment. Not everyone loves it, and I were new to Windows 10, and wanted an informed decision, I would want to know GOOD and BAD about a product. All the fans of Windows 10 think us who don't prefer it want to cut you at the knees. Not at all. I'm still interested where Microsoft wants to go with this product and their overall company direction. I don't see how not liking a product and expressing such an opinion is slagging a product.

    It's like this, if I were an American and wanted to vote democrat, I would still follow the Republican leadership debates to see where that side was moving towards. Even though I bear much lesser similairities to that side, I'm still interested. An likewise, I still want to see where Windows 10 moves towards.

    Hey! Who's to say that a must have feature might be incorporated into a Windows 10 build say a year from now, and it COMPLETE reverses my opinion on it? Already I attempted to come back to the fold and try out the finished product, after abandoning the TP builds sometime ago. I think I've shown I'm more than open-minded on this. Even I praised it's fast boot, and it's 32-bit build was quick on an old Pentium IV machine. So you saying all I do is slag Windows 10, would do well to read ALL of my posts.

    Now you saying that Vista and 7 are rubbish because YOU happened to have printer issues, doesn't just make it so. You'll see there plenty of example of others who had legitimate issues on Windows 10. All products have pluses and minuses. Even I know that.

    Have a good day.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 16,504
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       19 Oct 2015 #157

    Jody, that was well written & well said
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    19 Oct 2015 #158

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I would think that this being a Windows "10" forum that the majority of users would be using 10 and that they might be enthusiastic about it. What did you expect?? The majority to slam 10??
    No Jeff, I didn't at all. It's just that I didn't find this forum to be of widespread representation of how the rest of the world thinks of Windows 10. But why would my saying that even bother you? It's a relevant observation and a fair one.

    Now both you an I have been here since the "Windows 9" days. At that point, neither of us REALLY knew what the future of Windows 10 held in store. You ended up liking the product and I didn't. There is room for BOTH opinions. And if I found that it seemed odd that outside the forum, the praise for the product seemed to change, there is room for that opinion to be expressed too.

    Re-read what I wrote just moments ago. I think it's relevant

    I don't just come here to slag Windows 10, although there is room for counter-comment. Not everyone loves it, and I were new to Windows 10, and wanted an informed decision, I would want to know GOOD and BAD about a product. All the fans of Windows 10 think us who don't prefer it want to cut you at the knees. Not at all. I'm still interested where Microsoft wants to go with this product and their overall company direction. I don't see how not liking a product and expressing such an opinion is slagging a product.

    It's like this, if I were an American and wanted to vote democrat, I would still follow the Republican leadership debates to see where that side was moving towards. Even though I bear much lesser similairities to that side, I'm still interested. An likewise, I still want to see where Windows 10 moves towards.

    Hey! Who's to say that a must have feature might be incorporated into a Windows 10 build say a year from now, and it COMPLETE reverses my opinion on it? Already I attempted to come back to the fold and try out the finished product, after abandoning the TP builds sometime ago. I think I've shown I'm more than open-minded on this. Even I praised it's fast boot, and it's 32-bit build was quick on an old Pentium IV machine. So you saying all I do is slag Windows 10, would do well to read ALL of my posts.


    I know you like Windows 10 Jeff, and I'm glad for you. And even though major fans of 10 here are not saying "get lost", many of them have a way of making those who want to make legitimate criticism feel unwelcome, just in tone and with a sense of mockery. There is room for criticism of Windows 10 and should be part of the equation. That's all.

    Take care Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    19 Oct 2015 #159

    Jody Thornton said: View Post
    No Jeff, I didn't at all. It's just that I didn't find this forum to be of widespread representation of how the rest of the world thinks of Windows 10. But why would my saying that even bother you? It's a relevant observation and a fair one.

    Now both you an I have been here since the "Windows 9" days. At that point, neither of us REALLY knew what the future of Windows 10 held in store. You ended up liking the product and I didn't. There is room for BOTH opinions. And if I found that it seemed odd that outside the forum, the praise for the product seemed to change, there is room for that opinion to be expressed too.

    Re-read what I wrote just moments ago. I think it's relevant

    I don't just come here to slag Windows 10, although there is room for counter-comment. Not everyone loves it, and I were new to Windows 10, and wanted an informed decision, I would want to know GOOD and BAD about a product. All the fans of Windows 10 think us who don't prefer it want to cut you at the knees. Not at all. I'm still interested where Microsoft wants to go with this product and their overall company direction. I don't see how not liking a product and expressing such an opinion is slagging a product.

    It's like this, if I were an American and wanted to vote democrat, I would still follow the Republican leadership debates to see where that side was moving towards. Even though I bear much lesser similairities to that side, I'm still interested. An likewise, I still want to see where Windows 10 moves towards.

    Hey! Who's to say that a must have feature might be incorporated into a Windows 10 build say a year from now, and it COMPLETE reverses my opinion on it? Already I attempted to come back to the fold and try out the finished product, after abandoning the TP builds sometime ago. I think I've shown I'm more than open-minded on this. Even I praised it's fast boot, and it's 32-bit build was quick on an old Pentium IV machine. So you saying all I do is slag Windows 10, would do well to read ALL of my posts.


    I know you like Windows 10 Jeff, and I'm glad for you. And even though major fans of 10 here are not saying "get lost", many of them have a way of making those who want to make legitimate criticism feel unwelcome, just in tone and with a sense of mockery. There is room for criticism of Windows 10 and should be part of the equation. That's all.

    Take care Jeff
    Ok, but I was just surprised that you would wonder why the majority of users would push 10??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    19 Oct 2015 #160

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Jody, that was well written & well said
    I know (not meant conceitedly). I saw some other responses to the response Bunny J made to my citing that Windows 10 love wasn't universal outside this forum. Having them call me a "troll" or even "silly" is just plain offensive. I have made many positive posts here, on a WIDE range of opinions. They should read all of my posts before such comments are made. Sure it's an opinion, but I never made my dislike of Windows 10 personal.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved where is the control panel? in General Support
this is probably a dumb question, but I want to delete a program and can't find the control panel. I've looked in settings but don't see it anywhere.
Control Panel in General Support
I hope someone can assist me. I upgraded to Win 10 and when I go to the Control Panel, by default it opens as Large icons. I change it to Category as that is how I want it to open but it keeps on defaulting back to what I don't want. Very...
Control Panel in Win10 in General Support
Has anyone got a better way to get to the old style control panel? I don't like Win10 menu for the control panel... thanx
Now that I've got Win10,, I was looking around and clicking on stuff to see what was under the hood, I found that you can get to the Old Control Panel like in Win 7, problem is I don't remember how I got there. Can any one help me on this? I don't...
control panel in General Support
I have 10130 and am surprised to still have the control panel, although the icon has changed. Has anyone still got theirs?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25.
Find Us