Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1.    22 Oct 2014 #81

    Hey , Edwin. So you installed as another (triple ) boot, or what. I just went ahead with the defaults and it overwrote the earlier entry. Nothing that states the build number.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Oct 2014 #82
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Wolves, England
    Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM

    10 minutes or so to download, installing now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Oct 2014 #83
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,147
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Just finished downloading and installing this update and it promptly broke few things. Like an amateur I didn't disconnect 8.1 boot SSD while doing it ( I dual boot 10TP from another drive) and it obviously did something to SSD because I lost Boot Menu setup from it, 10 TP became default. After it successfully boot "New" 10TP I had to use EasyBCD on it again to restore boot menu and order. Didn't try yet to boot up from that secondary HDD thru BIOS to see what's happening.
    Another thing broke are some drivers. AMD 14.4 driver for GPU was replaced by MS driver v14.1 which is unsatisfactory. I reinstalled 14.4 but Command center doesn't work. Driver for TV card was also replaced by wrong one.
    I was kinda hoping for DirectX 12 but nothing yet.
    Update:
    Realtec sound drivers were also replaced bu MS version.
    Last edited by CountMike; 22 Oct 2014 at 06:15.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    22 Oct 2014 #84
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,531
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    What happens if you miss a version
    If I forget to boot into 10 and download 9860 version, what happens when the net release comes along

    will that just be a combined update 9860 + changes in the later version
    That's a good question.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    22 Oct 2014 #85
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,147
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    What happens if you miss a version
    If I forget to boot into 10 and download 9860 version, what happens when the net release comes along

    will that just be a combined update 9860 + changes in the later version
    That's a good question.
    Nice thing they should do is to make new downloads of TP with new stuff incorporated. Then, if somebody missed one set of updates could just do system Refresh with everything in it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    22 Oct 2014 #86
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    UK
    Posts : 998
    W10 pro x86 and W10 x86

    Mine seems to be upgrading automatically. I left it on and noticed "maintenance" was in progress on the taskbar. Still going after 30 minutes... its just now launched into a restart and is showing a percentage "setup" figure.

    I'll leave it to it. Seems very slow. Hope its not going to cause the problem driver issue that made installing W10 into a 2 hour marathon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    22 Oct 2014 #87
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,606
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Just finished downloading and installing this update and it promptly broke few things. Like an amateur I didn't disconnect 8.1 boot SSD while doing it ( I dual boot 10TP from another drive) and it obviously did something to SSD because I lost Boot Menu setup from it, 10 TP became default. After it successfully boot "New" 10TP I had to use EasyBCD on it again to restore boot menu and order. Didn't try yet to boot up from that secondary HDD thru BIOS to see what's happening.
    Another thing broke are some drivers. AMD 14.4 driver for GPU was replaced by MS driver v14.1 which is unsatisfactory. I reinstalled 14.4 but Command center doesn't work. Driver for TV card was also replaced by wrong one.
    I was kinda hoping for DirectX 12 but nothing yet.
    Update:
    Realtec sound drivers were also replaced bu MS version.

    I am also dual booting 2 SSDs. I built the boot selector menu with Macrium bootable USB. The boot menu is still there except that the Win 10 new build set itself as the default OS. But it was an easy fix. I just went to "msconfig" and switch the default OS back to Win 7 under boot tab. It now boots back to the boot selector on Win 7 boot manager.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    22 Oct 2014 #88
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,606
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    What happens if you miss a version
    If I forget to boot into 10 and download 9860 version, what happens when the net release comes along

    will that just be a combined update 9860 + changes in the later version
    That's a good question.
    Nice thing they should do is to make new downloads of TP with new stuff incorporated. Then, if somebody missed one set of updates could just do system Refresh with everything in it.

    They will probably replace the ISO download with a new build. Otherwise it will be very confusing for the new Win 10 TP testers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    22 Oct 2014 #89
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,147
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Just seen this : Here's what's new in Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9860 no time to check everything myself yet.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    22 Oct 2014 #90
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,497
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    I did the update and I had zero issues... so far.
    Testing is going fine.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Can't update windows build from 9860
every time i updated the OS its always comes with error that the connection down. please help
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows defender service won't start (build 9860)
Hi there Anybody encountered THIS problem yet (I have no other AV software running). Windows defender won't start. Cheers jimbo
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860
More
Windows 10 News
Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860
If you have multiple PC's to update or having trouble updating VM or don't want to see multiple Recovery partitions created from the update. If you've already have the C:\RecoveryImage folder or if someone can put it in the dropbox for you to...
Installation and Upgrade
No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums