Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 733
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       22 Oct 2014 #131

    Hmm, downloading now. But this VM could be downloading at 30 kb/s for all I know.

    btw has anyone noticed if double height Taskbar is fixed? If not maybe I'll wait for the next update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,234
    Windows 10 Pro
       22 Oct 2014 #132

    The taskbar issue is not fixed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 8,313
    Windows 10 Professional
       22 Oct 2014 #133

    davehc said: View Post
    Hey , Edwin. So you installed as another (triple ) boot, or what. I just went ahead with the defaults and it overwrote the earlier entry. Nothing that states the build number.
    I updated 9841 to 9860, made an ISO from the ESD file, triple booted that then restored the other one back to 9841 from an image cuz I wasn't done investigating there yet.
    I added the build numbers myself so I would know where the heck I was going when the boot screen comes up. By default they're both labelled 'Windows Technical Preview'.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 733
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       22 Oct 2014 #134

    Kari said: View Post
    The taskbar issue is not fixed.
    Thanks for the info. I have the download and am about 45 minutes into the install(VM on Laptop is pretty slow.) I don't know if I'll get to the first boot before I have to give it up. But I should be able to make the iso using the info from this forum.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,467
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       22 Oct 2014 #135

    I only have the basic(?) preview (64 bit).

    BTW, how do you find out which Windows edition you are running?
    The System Properties screen only says "Windows Technical Preview".
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 8,313
    Windows 10 Professional
       22 Oct 2014 #136

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    I only have the basic(?) preview (64 bit).

    BTW, how do you find out which Windows edition you are running?
    The System Properties screen only says "Windows Technical Preview".
    Go to Start and type winver
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11,234
    Windows 10 Pro
       22 Oct 2014 #137

    Winver does not reveal anything else than the build number, the version and edition is told simply as Windows Technical Preview.

    Logics: It is not an Enterprise edition because it can be (and is) activated with a product key instead of VLK, and NFS does not work (Enterprise edition is available separately, outside the Insider program at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalc...for-enterprise).

    It is not a basic (so called "Core") version because Hyper-V and Bitlocker work and it can be an RDP host, just to list a few visible telltales.

    Hence, assuming the editions will be the same than in Windows 8 & 8.1 it must be a Pro edition.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    22 Oct 2014 #138

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    I only have the basic(?) preview (64 bit).

    BTW, how do you find out which Windows edition you are running?
    The System Properties screen only says "Windows Technical Preview".
    Hi, Down in the right hand corner of your computer screen there should be a water mark indicating the build. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,467
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       22 Oct 2014 #139

    Thanks Everyone


    Kari said: View Post
    Winver does not reveal anything else than the build number, the version and edition is told simply as Windows Technical Preview.

    Logics: It is not an Enterprise edition because it can be (and is) activated with a product key instead of VLK and NFS does not work (Enterprise edition is available separately, outside the Insider program at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalc...for-enterprise).

    It is not a basic (so called "Core") version because Hyper-V and Bitlocker work and it can be an RDP host, just to list a few visible telltales.

    Hence, assuming the editions will be the same than in Windows 8 & 8.1 it must be a Pro edition.
    Thanks Kari.

    Edwin said: View Post
    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    I only have the basic(?) preview (64 bit).

    BTW, how do you find out which Windows edition you are running?
    The System Properties screen only says "Windows Technical Preview".
    Go to Start and type winver
    Thanks Edwin.

    It doesn't say which edition I am running though.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winver.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	7325

    Is MS only going to have two W10 editions (Enterprise & other)?

    Lee said: View Post
    Hi, Down in the right hand corner of your computer screen there should be a water mark indicating the build. . .
    I was aware of that.
    Thanks though, Lee.
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 22 Oct 2014 at 19:32. Reason: Quotes Added
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 21,894
    Dual boot - Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Insider (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       22 Oct 2014 #140

    badrobot said: View Post
    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Help and



    Side note: 9860 ate part of my AVG install, some of the services. I could not get it repaired, so uninstalled and ran AVG remover AND cherry picked all the reg entries out. I cannot get Defender to enable, no matter what I do! Any ideas? Please??? Tkx Tomcat...






    Lesson learned here. I know someone who had the same problem. He is using 3rd party AV. After the new build update, both 3rd party AV and defender are broken.







    Warning to those using 3rd party AV. Uninstall it first before downloading the update.







    You may need to image restore your OS back to previous build then uninstall AVG and get the update again.
    badrobot...

    You were right. Lesson well learned. 2 1/2 hours... a little time consuming, but mostly just a big PITA! Thank God for backups! I think i will refrain from 3rd party AV's for now. MBAM and Superantispyware appear to be safe. Those 2 along with Defender should be fine. We really aren't supposed to be doing compatibility testing for them anyhow, right? (unless they pay me...) Thanks and have a goog one... tomcat
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Can't update windows build from 9860 in Windows Updates and Activation
every time i updated the OS its always comes with error that the connection down. please help
Windows defender service won't start (build 9860) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Hi there Anybody encountered THIS problem yet (I have no other AV software running). Windows defender won't start. Cheers jimbo
Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860 in Installation and Upgrade
If you have multiple PC's to update or having trouble updating VM or don't want to see multiple Recovery partitions created from the update. If you've already have the C:\RecoveryImage folder or if someone can put it in the dropbox for you to...
Read more...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:08.
Find Us