Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Oct 2014 #11
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_No1 View Post
    I don't buy the low powered device excuse..

    Nearly 75% of all windows users run Window 7 or 8, and their devices operate fine. Good god when Windows 8 first came out it needed 1080 screen, if they can run that then they can, certainly run Aero with no problem. Personally, I think it is what I consider, a lazy man's screen. It's just easier programming, so they don't have to deal with it.
    They've already got all the code, so that's not it, even an Atom chip can run a 1080 screen depending on the graphics chip, so that's not it. I'd say it's low powered devices.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    12 Oct 2014 #12
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 824
    Windows 10 Pro

    would be good if Microsoft let customers choose Aero for those that want it
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    12 Oct 2014 #13

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    They've already got all the code, so that's not it, even an Atom chip can run a 1080 screen depending on the graphics chip, so that's not it. I'd say it's low powered devices.
    Again, then why is no one complaining about Windows 7? or Windows 8, most people use Start8 or Classic Menu, they have transparency. It is a bogus excuse. It should be a selectable item, if you don't want it don't use it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    12 Oct 2014 #14
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    When they gave them everything and much much more (Vista) they squealed blue murder, now they get less and it starts all over.
    +1. Some people live to complain. Nothing new here, IMO.
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    12 Oct 2014 #15
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,142
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_No1 View Post
    Again, then why is no one complaining about Windows 7? or Windows 8, most people use Start8 or Classic Menu, they have transparency. It is a bogus excuse. It should be a selectable item, if you don't want it don't use it.
    Most people do *NOT* have Start8 or Classic menu. Most people don't even know those programs exist. of all the Windows 8 machine's I've seen over the last year, I've only seen a start menu replacement on a handful of them (that's hundreds of other machines).

    Second of all, people do in fact complain about battery life of Windows 7 on machines built for Windows 8, and Aero is one of the reasons for that. Machines built for Windows 8 are lower spec, and have smaller batteries (to make them lighter and smaller), and thus don't last as long.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    13 Oct 2014 #16
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Bay Area
    Posts : 18,260
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64

    Mr. Grim's Windows 10

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows 10.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	529.8 KB 
ID:	6943

    Not completely my style, but looks like 10 will theme as well as 8 does. A Guy
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    13 Oct 2014 #17
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Just for kicks I downloaded a thirty day trail version of Windowblinds and installed it on 10, and it worked just fine. . .so if you want glass use windowblinds. . . Oh darn!. . .forgot most of you guys don't want to use third party stuff (it might cost you a few dollars.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    13 Oct 2014 #18
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 236
    7, 10TP

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Second of all, people do in fact complain about battery life of Windows 7 on machines built for Windows 8, and Aero is one of the reasons for that. Machines built for Windows 8 are lower spec, and have smaller batteries (to make them lighter and smaller), and thus don't last as long.
    We are talking about Desktop PCs here, which do not run on batteries. Why should the Desktop PC look ugly? Just because some cheap tablet should look the same? Who said they should all look the same, what is this, North Korea ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    13 Oct 2014 #19
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 236
    7, 10TP

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Just for kicks I downloaded a thirty day trail version of Windowblinds and installed it on 10, and it worked just fine. . .so if you want glass use windowblinds. . . Oh darn!. . .forgot most of you guys don't want to use third party stuff (it might cost you a few dollars.
    It's not about the money. Windowblinds do slow down your system if it's not top notch where you can't see it. I know, because I had it before. Aero does not take as many resources.

    Moreover, most themes, like Mr. Grim's, require UXTheme or some other patch to Windows system files, which not everyone is comfortable with.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    13 Oct 2014 #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    Most people do *NOT* have Start8 or Classic menu. Most people don't even know those programs exist. of all the Windows 8 machine's I've seen over the last year, I've only seen a start menu replacement on a handful of them (that's hundreds of other machines).

    Second of all, people do in fact complain about battery life of Windows 7 on machines built for Windows 8, and Aero is one of the reasons for that. Machines built for Windows 8 are lower spec, and have smaller batteries (to make them lighter and smaller), and thus don't last as long.
    I do not understand the anti-Aero sentiments, I see no problem with giving people a choice. Also, Windows 7 had the option to turn everything off, which extended battery life. So I just don't see that as a valid argument.

    Oh, and I don't know anyone running windows 8, that doesn't have a third party start menu, different circles of friends I guess. I am curious when you say "Most", has there been a survey posted someplace?
    Last edited by Trust_No1; 13 Oct 2014 at 09:26.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
General Tips Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10 Your screen can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. The Aero Snap feature includes Snap Assist and 2x2 snapping to help you organize these opened windows on your desktop. For...
Tutorials
Solved Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod
Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Neowin 6626
General Support
General Tips Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10
How to Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10 Your screen(s) can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. Aero Shake lets you quickly minimize all opened windows except the current active window by shaking its title bar....
Tutorials
Aero Theme on WTP
For those who may (or may not) follow Vishal Gupta's page, he's just released his custom Aero themes for Windows 8 and 8.1 which work fairly well on WTP. Get all the info here: Download AeroVG Ei8ht and Ei8ht.1ne Themes for Windows 8 / 8.1 -...
Customization
Aero for Windows 10 very cool
just to clarify this is just a mock up, it is not ready for release I read somewhere on these forums, about Aero for Windows 8 and it was nice But what I was really impressed with, was how great Windows 10 looks with transparency on you...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums