There is no comparison, but if I had to, I could go back to Thunderbird . . . I just hope I'll never have to.
Thank you Wynona, I am very curious. It should be the same build number even if you didn't use the preview I thought.
Since I'm no longer an MVP, I had no idea that MSDN would have a different number than consumers, but it does make sense. Even to the number being somewhat "ahead" of what we have. Sneaky Microsoft.That looks like the version number from the ISO that is in MSDN, which is intended for volume licenses.
If so, the ISO version that is available for MSDN subscribers and volume licenses is a different number than the c2r version for consumers. The business side will be about 3 months behind consumers, unless the administrator enables first release in their tenant.
Late news (I know from experience) is that when installing Office 365 you may be asked to activate; however, when you click on the link to activate, it says, "We're sorry, but something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. Then you get the error number 0x8004FC12."
The most likely solution to this will be to do Option 1, then Option 2, then Option 3, shutting down and rebooting after each option and the opening Word to see if it asks you to activate. You will no longer be asked to activate once the right Option's done.
The reason I'm saying to do the options one behind the other in turn, is that I jumped to Option 3, thinking that was the problem solver, on one of my laptops. It was not. I then started over with Option 1 and went all the way through Option 4; none of which worked. So, please, start with Option 1.
And the link is: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-94959b222bd3
If none of the above options work, read on . . .
I had checked for updates to Windows 10 Build 10547 earlier and saw that one for IE was pending and that I needed to restart, but since I was working with O365, I postponed any Windows Update action until I was through.
O365 was still giving me the error after several trials and reboots, so what I don't understand is why those earlier reboots didn't affect the update; however, since I was done with O365, I clicked on "Restart Now" and lappy was restarted once more.
What I didn't expect is that after Windows did its thing (much more than an expected update to IE) when I opened Word again, there was no error in O365 2016!
You tell me . . . cuz I haven't a clue!
My 64-bit version is 16.0.4229.1029