Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10547 for PC Insider

Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,582
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       19 Sep 2015 #171

    I have to say that upgrading with any USB storage device attached is problematic, even restarting with USB storage is difficult. There is no need to upgrade from external storage, and all that is needed is to either mount the .iso image or copy the contents of the .iso file to a folder on the hard drive and run setup from there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       19 Sep 2015 #172

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    I have to say that upgrading with any USB storage device attached is problematic, even restarting with USB storage is difficult. There is no need to upgrade from external storage, and all that is needed is to either mount the .iso image or copy the contents of the .iso file to a folder on the hard drive and run setup from there.
    I confirm this is a good statement and USB don't always works the way it supposed!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    19 Sep 2015 #173

    Update my info. Still could not make 10547 upgrade. It would get to 75%, the third circle start, and switch to the face and say it was reverting to previous version. I put in a blank HD and the flashkey (thumb drive) installed 10547 without a hitch. So, without any idea why, I will just post a comment in feedback that I could not upgrade on my Dell D630 but was able to do a clean install.
    Now to spend hours moving or installing software and files, making an image and putting that on the SSD that I got spoiled so fast...a WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm just slow feeling now. LOL
    Live long and Prosper,
    JimWiz1
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    19 Sep 2015 #174

    Jack07 said: View Post
    This is new, I don't remember having a recovery partition.
    https://i.imgur.com/C5SQyyH.png
    When I reverted to Build 10532 it erased this new recovery partition. Great. But Windows 10 also erased accidentally the Over-Provisioning Partition set by Samsung Magician for the SSD on my System Drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,283
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       19 Sep 2015 #175

    eldavidson said: View Post
    Would everyone recommend to get or to stay away. Much bugs??
    Being an Insider means you install what they send to you and do the testing for yourself. There are many, many different systems out here and Microsoft needs to know how each one reacts.

    So, jump into the fray and sink or swim with the rest of us.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,283
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       19 Sep 2015 #176

    Edwin said: View Post
    I'm wondering if an upgrade would have been more stable from the beginning, rather than jumping all over the clean install process. Maybe, maybe not.
    Not in my opinion, Edwin. I've had too many updates that had too many problems. Pretty much all of which were solved with a clean install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 781
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       19 Sep 2015 #177

    Wynona said: View Post
    Being an Insider means you install what they send to you and do the testing for yourself. There are many, many different systems out here and Microsoft needs to know how each one reacts.

    So, jump into the fray and sink or swim with the rest of us.
    I have to agree Wynona. That's what it is all about. That is why we have our other computers and/or partitions that house our 'real world' data so we can be about checking out what is coming down the pike!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       19 Sep 2015 #178

    Wow.. that was a slow one! Took almost 2hrs??? I probably need a clean install.

    EDIT: Ooops.. I don't have an install.esd file. Not even in ... ~BT/Sources.... is that because I did a disk cleanup?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,283
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       19 Sep 2015 #179

    badrobot said: View Post
    Wow.. that was a slow one! Took almost 2hrs??? I probably need a clean install.

    EDIT: Ooops.. I don't have an install.esd file. Not even in ... ~BT/Sources.... is that because I did a disk cleanup?
    Oh, Nooooooooooo, you didn't!?

    Yeah, I've seen several statements that if you do a disk cleanup, you lose it.

    BTW, my update took almost two hours too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 4,333
    Win 10 Pro x64
       19 Sep 2015 #180

    Wynona said: View Post
    Oh, Nooooooooooo, you didn't!?

    Yeah, I've seen several statements that if you do a disk cleanup, you lose it.

    BTW, my update took almost two hours too.
    That's ok. It's not the end of the world. Maybe next update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10532 for PC | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:30.
Find Us