Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
  1.    19 Sep 2015 #131
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,682
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Switch is greyed out, I thought that's because it's pure desktop computer without touch devices.
    Hi there, Count. No, it's because of dual or multi-monitors. If one chooses extended display, Tablet mode is not and option and greyed out.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    19 Sep 2015 #132
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,579
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Hi there, alpha. May I ask your reasoning of not upgrading? It's continues to be the same option in 10240.
    If I could actually use tablet mode with multi monitors I might upgrade to that build. Since I can't, I don't see any benefit in upgrading to an insider build. Not for me anyway.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    19 Sep 2015 #133
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,682
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    If I could actually use tablet mode with multi monitors I might upgrade to that build. Since I can't, I don't see any benefit in upgrading to an insider build. Not for me anyway.
    Ok, so you're not actually an Insider with "Get Insider Builds" turned off, but would imagine you're still a registered Insider waiting for the "right build".

    The new option of "Show more tiles" for the Start menu is a great new feature IMO. This may be the deal breaker for me. Arrow keyboarding is broke in it though. It skips the added column. Just a bug I'd guess.

    Start - Show more tiles - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    19 Sep 2015 #134
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 57
    windows10

    Build 10547 is a total fail "0xC1900101-0x4000D the installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with and error during MIGRATE_DATA operation". tried 3 times from the update, and twice from the iso I made. It totally crashed the HD and I'm back on 10240. Update keeps loading the bad Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit driver and killing my nic, I keep rolling it back. used MS tool to block that. The insider build before 10547 worked very well. Don't know if my Dell D630 laptop is as far as can go now, or something wrong with the build.
    Live long and Prosper,
    JimWiz1
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    19 Sep 2015 #135
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,579
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Ok, so you're not actually an Insider with "Get Insider Builds" turned off, but would imagine you're still a registered Insider waiting for the "right build".

    The new option of "Show more tiles" for the Start menu is a great new feature IMO. This may be the deal breaker for me. Arrow keyboarding is broke in it though. It skips the added column. Just a bug I'd guess.

    Start - Show more tiles - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    No, not running an insider build at the moment. I'm running Enterprise on my laptop and Education on my desktop PC. Waiting on the right build to show up to switch over on my second desktop PC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    19 Sep 2015 #136
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 270
    latest windows insider home build

    Quote Originally Posted by JimWiz1 View Post
    Build 10547 is a total fail "0xC1900101-0x4000D the installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with and error during MIGRATE_DATA operation". tried 3 times from the update, and twice from the iso I made. It totally crashed the HD and I'm back on 10240. Update keeps loading the bad Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit driver and killing my nic, I keep rolling it back. used MS tool to block that. The insider build before 10547 worked very well. Don't know if my Dell D630 laptop is as far as can go now, or something wrong with the build.
    Live long and Prosper,
    JimWiz1
    its either your download or your hardware, as almost everyone has had an issue free upgrade...
    My install got stalled at around 25%, but I just powered off, and restarted again, and it finished just fine..

    BTW, any time I have had a stoppage in either downloading or "updating", I have just powered off, and powered back on, and that seems to fix all my lockup issues..
    YMMV..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    19 Sep 2015 #137
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)

    OK, the build installed smoothly, and here I am. So far, so good. No problems with Excel 2007, or anything else really. This is based on a half hour of testing

    I do get an impression of slightly increased speed/snappiness. We'll see what comes up in continued testing...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    19 Sep 2015 #138
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
    its either your download or your hardware, as almost everyone has had an issue free upgrade...
    My install got stalled at around 25%, but I just powered off, and restarted again, and it finished just fine..

    BTW, any time I have had a stoppage in either downloading or "updating", I have just powered off, and powered back on, and that seems to fix all my lockup issues..
    YMMV..
    .. sorry.. misread.. again.
    Last edited by BunnyJ; 19 Sep 2015 at 12:46.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    19 Sep 2015 #139
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 391
    Windows 10x64 17035

    It didn't prompt for a restart like it usually does. Upgrade went smoothly and no problems of note so far.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    19 Sep 2015 #140
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10 PRO

    Quote Originally Posted by jean7of9 View Post
    None of the dozen tricks for repairing Excel is working. Office Repair and diagnostic feature is helpless. Excel files are frozen and not responding with a "Red X". I will have to find time to re-install Excel and see if that resolves this issue.
    This Win 10547 version is having problems scaling on a 28" 4k monitor. Desktop do not remember icons size and texts. Only the first three letters of icon text appear on Desktop. Scaling must be adjusted manually after Starting. Office 2007 CD buttons do not show on screen... I never had these issues with previous builds.
    Have an Excel 2016 file with the same issue (freezes on save), in Win10 build 10547. I'll be interested to see if reinstalling Excel helps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10532 for PC
Source: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10532 for PC | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158 for PCs
Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:39.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums