Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,311
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       11 Oct 2015 #271

    Well support will be dropped for 7 when I hit the 70 mark! For 10 that make it 76 in 2026. 2023 would be 73 for me! Well once they drop support for 7 that means I still have a little time left for 10!

    fredc said: View Post
    I agree and don't think for a minute that your in the extreme minority , everyone i know prefers 7 over 10 . Win 10 has way to much stuff they don't use or have interest in and the stuff they want to get rid of is much too hard to get rid of .

    Everything should be much easier to uninstall if you don't want it but it's not . You shouldn't need to use "powershell" to remove stuff according to most i talk to .

    Some stuff MS allows you to remove easily and some stuff they make it much more involved to remove if you can remove it at all , which is unacceptable to many of them.
    Where there's a will there's a way as they say! Everything installed or prepackages still has to go through one place. And what would that be? The System registry! It's a matter of knowing how to go without making a mess in order to track down specific entries to either be disabled or removed and then nuke any program folders to clean just about anything off.

    Powershell has other uses besides what is already seen in Programs & Features which includes those hidden from view that can be enabled or disabled like Hyper-V. To understand more about Powershell however you will want to look over the tips for scripting seen at the Powershell site. PowerShell.com – PowerShell Scripts, Tips, Forums, and Resources
    Last edited by Night Hawk; 11 Oct 2015 at 21:41. Reason: additional comment
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    11 Oct 2015 #272

    When Win 7 support stops in 2020 i will be switching to Linux for sure , Win 10 unless drastically changed is not a useful OS for me but others seem to like it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2014
    United States
    Posts : 132
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
       11 Oct 2015 #273

    Night Hawk said: View Post
    Well support will be dropped for 7 when I hit the 70 mark! For 10 that make it 76 in 2026. 2023 would be 73 for me! Well once they drop support for 7 that means I still have a little time left for 10!


    In the end it is just a computer OS we are talking about. Not exactly life and death is it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    11 Oct 2015 #274

    popeye said: View Post


    In the end it is just a computer OS we are talking about. Not exactly life and death is it?

    It's even more critical than life or death for me but i tend to be an oddball so it's understandable from my point of view.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,311
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       12 Oct 2015 #275

    popeye said: View Post


    In the end it is just a computer OS we are talking about. Not exactly life and death is it?
    Naaaa not really is it?

    I think some of us end up spending just a bit more time then we should and get sort of "glued" to the version we have in front of us. But then you saw 2000 with 5 or 6 Service packs and knew despite the favorable rep that saw each version of the OS has to see it's bugs worked out since it's still... !!!""Software""!!!

    Actually some immediately felt 8.1 was quite better then 8. The same was said about 98SE over 98 1st edition many moons ago! It goes to each generation will be having some fun with at least one version of Windows!

    fredc said: View Post
    It's even more critical than life or death for me but i tend to be an oddball so it's understandable from my point of view.
    Well when you say oddball don't count the rest of us out! "he said what?!"
    (us geeks have to stick together if you know what I mean.)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    12 Oct 2015 #276

    Night Hawk said: View Post
    Naaaa not really is it?

    I think some of us end up spending just a bit more time then we should and get sort of "glued" to the version we have in front of us. But then you saw 2000 with 5 or 6 Service packs and knew despite the favorable rep that saw each version of the OS has to see it's bugs worked out since it's still... !!!""Software""!!!

    Actually some immediately felt 8.1 was quite better then 8. The same was said about 98SE over 98 1st edition many moons ago! It goes to each generation will be having some fun with at least one version of Windows!



    Well when you say oddball don't count the rest of us out! "he said what?!"
    (us geeks have to stick together if you know what I mean.)

    Well i'm definitely no computer "nerd" aka "geek" , not that there's anything wrong with being a "nerd/geek" i just don't fit the profile thats all .

    Chicks dig "geeks" aka " the common "nerd".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,311
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       12 Oct 2015 #277

    I think you may end needing to become one in order to figure just what is the MS game plan with 10! I found another older blog about settings which by default are disabled where you submit information by keystroke logging and audio to MS for bettering Windows as the stated purpose for these two options.

    The blogger was using them as the media hype about MS intruding on user privacy to collect personal data. But when looking these were found disabled by default which puts a hole in that one fast.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,311
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       14 Oct 2015 #278

    Talk about bumping this thread to see it back on topic? When going to check on any updates available I ran right into something else despite already disabling the Upgrade OS option as well as hiding the 10 app update guess what?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10 UPGRADE FOOBAR AGAIN AND AGAIN.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	42774

    It's like the "Energizer bunny" still ticking away but not getting anywhere fast! The error can noted by anyone looking to upgrade but running into that since it indicates the two additional storage drives here are plugged in preventing the second failed automatic upgrade!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,150
    W10Prox64
       14 Oct 2015 #279

    Night Hawk said: View Post
    Talk about bumping this thread to see it back on topic? When going to check on any updates available I ran right into something else despite already disabling the Upgrade OS option as well as hiding the 10 app update guess what?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W10 UPGRADE FOOBAR AGAIN AND AGAIN.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	42774

    It's like the "Energizer bunny" still ticking away but not getting anywhere fast! The error can noted by anyone looking to upgrade but running into that since it indicates the two additional storage drives here are plugged in preventing the second failed automatic upgrade!
    When I check for updates on 3 of my W8.1 rigs, the W10 upgrade is listed under "optional updates" and is selected by default. I've since hidden the update - let's see if it comes back to haunt me!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 3,311
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       14 Oct 2015 #280

    Well I hid it here so I would no longer get the 10 app itself while I did get the Sept. 1st confirmation 10 was ready to download. Apparently due to the previously seen failed attempt which I did expect would happen the updater is still trying to put 10 on despite the new reg key to disable the OS upgrade option as well as hiding the 10 app which so far I wouldn't expect to see again.

    Likewise I wasn't expecting to see another failed attempt once the 10 app was removed since the first time that one I knew would when clicking the yes option to watch as it failed only further confirming the initial problem of seeing the 10 /7 dual boot take place back when 10 wouldn't go on at all when first downloaded directly.

    That same circumstance once discovered and allowed to see 10 go was then put back in place being the two new storage drives larger in size replacing the first two with one of those now is use in a second desktop. The other was retired due to apparent access problems showing it was worn out! But the surprise came when seeing it still trying regardless of the changes made to prevent it!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Is Microsoft Ignoring One of the Top User Requests for Windows 10?
Source
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts
I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade. Initially during the upgrade and configuration, I was using my account. However, didn't see my wife's account at login. After install and setup was complete, I was updating a...
User Accounts and Family Safety
WMC user worried about Windows 10 USB upgrade.
Hey guys. I currently use a desktop with Windows 8.1 Pro with Windows Media Center (x64). According to this report, I am eligible to receive a free copy of Windows DVD Player since, as per forma, Microsoft has once again decided to kill...
Windows Updates and Activation
Mobile Location consent prompts & settings improvements in Windows 10 Mobile
Source: Location consent prompts and settings improvements in Windows 10 Mobile | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Office Microsoft pushes ahead with 'Office Now' work assistant
Read more: Microsoft pushes ahead with 'Office Now' work assistant | ZDNet
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums