Windows 10: Office 2016, rollout begins September 22nd 2015 Office

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

  1. Posts : 14,345
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       27 Nov 2015 #61

    simrick said: View Post
    Okay here's a strange one:
    I tried to set O365 2016 Excel as the default program for *.csv files, and it won't do it. Tried setting Excel as default for all possible extensions and it still won't take. Anyone else having this problem? It has 18 of 27 defaults and it's not taking any more!
    I just checked and Excel is the default for *.csv files here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,234
    W10Prox64
       27 Nov 2015 #62

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Hi. Does O365 have a repair option in Programs and features?
    Wynona said: View Post
    I just checked and Excel is the default for *.csv files here.
    Well, I had rebooted, and forgot to check if my changes took, so I just went ahead and did a quick repair, then looked and EVERYTHING was checked....so I don't know if it took on a reboot, or the repair worked, but at least I've got csv files opening with excel now!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14,345
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       27 Nov 2015 #63

    simrick said: View Post
    Well, I had rebooted, and forgot to check if my changes took, so I just went ahead and did a quick repair, then looked and EVERYTHING was checked....so I don't know if it took on a reboot, or the repair worked, but at least I've got csv files opening with excel now!
    Very good! And now you can proceed with your work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 25,507
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       27 Nov 2015 #64

    simrick said: View Post
    Well, I had rebooted, and forgot to check if my changes took, so I just went ahead and did a quick repair, then looked and EVERYTHING was checked....so I don't know if it took on a reboot, or the repair worked, but at least I've got csv files opening with excel now!
    Wynona said: View Post
    Very good! And now you can proceed with your work.
    That is good. Glad you got it fixed any which way. It shouldn't take a reboot to make changes. One is making changes to the Registry, but I believe there are only certain parts of the Registry tree that needs rebooting in order for the change to take place, but don't quote me on that. Just learning.

    Speaking of Excel. I see MS is now listing file changes in updates in the form of a CSV file although I think IT/we could always get these. One can download by following the links in one's Update History within Settings app. All 12,000 + lines. It's under File Information here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118754
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 11,234
    W10Prox64
       27 Nov 2015 #65

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Speaking of Excel. I see MS is now listing file changes in updates in the form of a CSV file although I think IT/we could always get these. One can download by following the links in one's Update History within Settings app. All 12,000 + lines. It's under File Information here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118754
    And now I can actually open them! LOL
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 25,507
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       27 Nov 2015 #66

    simrick said: View Post
    And now I can actually open them! LOL
    LOL! Did you read all 13,642 rows in it?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11,234
    W10Prox64
       27 Nov 2015 #67

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    LOL! Did you read all 13,642 rows in it?
    Sure! ...NOT!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Related Threads
Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for September 8, 2015 in Windows Updates and Activation
Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for September 8, 2015Note: There may be latency issues due to replication, if the page does not display keep refreshing Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin(s). Note: »www.microsoft.com/techne...
Read more: Office 2016 rumored to launch September 22nd
Hi there It looks like that a Student and Teacher edition of Office 2016 will be available at around 90 GBP - 105 EUR while an Office 365 subscription will be around 60 GBP - 73 EUR for 1 year. Since the Student edition will work on 3 machines it...
Hi there I think this comment is allowed - there is an NDA but I think this is OK. The latest update installs OFFICE 2016 just fine and works OK. Office 2010 is left untouched so you can run BOTH concurrently. OUTLOOK 2016 though uses the same...
Source: Modern productivity–Office news at Ignite - Microsoft Office Blogs
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:53.
Find Us