Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 16,447
    Windows 10
       11 Sep 2015 #21

    Wynona said: View Post
    Which tablet, Paul? Windows, Apple or Android? Also what size is the tablet?
    Hi,

    It's a small 8" Windows tablet, Lynx Brand, only cost £100 (approx. $150)

    32GB Storage, 1GB RAM (doesn't seem much), it is one of the fastest tablets I have had, really is nice, has no problems running my desktop programs or the store apps
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 147
    Windows 10 x64
       11 Sep 2015 #22

    I'm disappointed that it looks almost identical to Office 2013. I really hated the look of Office 2013 -- it's flat to a fault.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,673
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       11 Sep 2015 #23

    paulsalter said: View Post
    Hi,

    It's a small 8" Windows tablet, Lynx Brand, only cost £100 (approx. $150)

    32GB Storage, 1GB RAM (doesn't seem much), it is one of the fastest tablets I have had, really is nice, has no problems running my desktop programs or the store apps
    Ah, so you'll be able to run the online version of Office 2016 then. I think. Although you'll have to save to the OneDrive rather than your hard drive.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    11 Sep 2015 #24

    I'm looking forward to the new version. I've been using the Office suite for a number of years and seem to get the latest version when it becomes available.

    Have they posted the O2016 versions and pricing yet?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 16,447
    Windows 10
       12 Sep 2015 #25

    Wynona said: View Post
    Ah, so you'll be able to run the online version of Office 2016 then. I think. Although you'll have to save to the OneDrive rather than your hard drive.
    I mainly use Onedrive for documents, I like the way the apps integrate with Onedrive for saving documents

    So far I havn't got Onedrive setup on tablet using its own app, the selective syncing doesn't work very well due to only 32GB storage, I like to be able to see all my files in explorer and download what I require via a double click

    I need to test out the store versions, see how they work with touch compared to the full desktop ones
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,673
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 Sep 2015 #26

    gzt7d8 said: View Post
    I'm looking forward to the new version. I've been using the Office suite for a number of years and seem to get the latest version when it becomes available.

    Have they posted the O2016 versions and pricing yet?
    Yeah, just go to office.microsoft.com and look for whichever version you need. Somewhere in the mix should also be details and pricing of the perpetual version.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,673
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 Sep 2015 #27

    paulsalter said: View Post
    I mainly use Onedrive for documents, I like the way the apps integrate with Onedrive for saving documents

    So far I havn't got Onedrive setup on tablet using its own app, the selective syncing doesn't work very well due to only 32GB storage, I like to be able to see all my files in explorer and download what I require via a double click

    I need to test out the store versions, see how they work with touch compared to the full desktop ones
    One caveat that I'm not too familiar with is that one of the free versions possibly won't let you save your work, so watch out for that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 16,447
    Windows 10
       12 Sep 2015 #28

    Wynona said: View Post
    One caveat that I'm not too familiar with is that one of the free versions possibly won't let you save your work, so watch out for that.
    Thanks for the info, didn't know that

    I have till end of the year before my free year runs out, hoping 2016 is nice, then I will keep the 365 subscription
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,673
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 Sep 2015 #29

    paulsalter said: View Post
    Thanks for the info, didn't know that

    I have till end of the year before my free year runs out, hoping 2016 is nice, then I will keep the 365 subscription
    That would be the best way to go. At $69.99 per year for Personal (one computer) or $99 per year for Home (5 computers), you really can't go wrong with continual upgrades, updates and security. IOW, new features will be added as they're designed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Michigan USA
    Posts : 193
    Windows 10 64-bit Home
       15 Sep 2015 #30

    Okay, I confess. Until recently I've only used open source software but I really like using the Office 2016 trial. I'll never need the full version (I'm retired) but I presume there will be watered down version similar to Office Home and Student 2013. I think Word & Excel would be all I'd need so if there's no difference or just minor differences, the current Office Home and Student 2013 would do.
    Anyone know if there will be an Office Home and Student 2016?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for September 8, 2015
Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for September 8, 2015Note: There may be latency issues due to replication, if the page does not display keep refreshing Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin(s). Note: »www.microsoft.com/techne...
Windows Updates and Activation
Office Office 2016 rumored to launch September 22nd 2015
Read more: Office 2016 rumored to launch September 22nd
Windows 10 News
Office 2016 price vs Office 365 subscription
Hi there It looks like that a Student and Teacher edition of Office 2016 will be available at around 90 GBP - 105 EUR while an Office 365 subscription will be around 60 GBP - 73 EUR for 1 year. Since the Student edition will work on 3 machines it...
Software and Apps
Office 2016 Preview and Office 2010 concurrently.
Hi there I think this comment is allowed - there is an NDA but I think this is OK. The latest update installs OFFICE 2016 just fine and works OK. Office 2010 is left untouched so you can run BOTH concurrently. OUTLOOK 2016 though uses the same...
Software and Apps
Office Modern productivity – Office 2016 and Office 365 news at Ignite
Source: Modern productivity–Office news at Ignite - Microsoft Office Blogs
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums