Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Spring Valley
    Posts : 558
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       09 Sep 2015 #51

    Edwin said: View Post
    I got the test kit version from Winaero.com, it's all good.
    Is there a different version there? I'll check that out, thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Spring Valley
    Posts : 558
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       09 Sep 2015 #52

    Ok - I found a way to install to 10240.

    First, run the first part of the instructions and reboot.

    After it reboots, go to

    RunasSystem and RunFromToken - reboot.pro

    And download those versions of both RunAsSystem.exe and RunFromToken.exe

    Copy both of those into the extracted "Bin" folder of the unzipped MCE package, open an Admin Command Prompt to the root of where the zip was extracted and then run "Installer" or "Install" cmd.

    I just did it, going to check on the results now.

    Ok, NOPE. But I used the WinAero version, going to delete the hell out of that, and try it with the other version.

    Whoever made this, created it in such a way that it absolutely won't work on anything but 10134

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POS.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	36651

    I am assuming this is some kind of Block, now under Vista I used to be able to bypass these. I had to install a program that allowed me to lift any blocks except for a hard block. Is there anything like this for Windows 10?
    Last edited by XweAponX; 09 Sep 2015 at 17:52.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 3
    windows 7
       09 Sep 2015 #53

    XweAponX said: View Post
    Ok - I found a way to install to 10240.

    First, run the first part of the instructions and reboot.

    After it reboots, go to

    RunasSystem and RunFromToken - reboot.pro

    And download those versions of both RunAsSystem.exe and RunFromToken.exe

    Copy both of those into the extracted "Bin" folder of the unzipped MCE package, open an Admin Command Prompt to the root of where the zip was extracted and then run "Installer" or "Install" cmd.

    I just did it, going to check on the results now.

    Ok, NOPE. But I used the WinAero version, going to delete the hell out of that, and try it with the other version.

    Whoever made this, created it in such a way that it absolutely won't work on anything but 10134

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POS.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	36651

    I am assuming this is some kind of Block, now under Vista I used to be able to bypass these. I had to install a program that allowed me to lift any blocks except for a hard block. Is there anything like this for Windows 10?
    I'm running it on RTM with no problem except program guide won't download and many others here have posted it on newer versions of windows so it's not just for 10134.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2013
    Posts : 165
    Windows 8.1.1 64-bit
       09 Sep 2015 #54

    XweAponX said: View Post
    This cannot run on 10240, its made for 10134 only - Is there an installer that works with 10240?
    I'm on 240, and it didn't work at first.

    BUT...

    Follow the instructions as supplied, THEN open the BIN folder and manually run install.bat as administrator, and it should work.

    It did for me, and seems to operate OK so far.


    Wenda.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Walnut Beach, Milford, Ct
    Posts : 7,569
    Win10 Pro / Remix 3.0
       09 Sep 2015 #55

    I'm on 10532 insider and it work's fine.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Spring Valley
    Posts : 558
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       09 Sep 2015 #56

    Wenda said: View Post
    I'm on 240, and it didn't work at first.

    BUT...

    Follow the instructions as supplied, THEN open the BIN folder and manually run install.bat as administrator, and it should work.

    It did for me, and seems to operate OK so far.


    Wenda.
    Ok, thanks, I'll try that. The issue was, the installer.cmd would t work cos those two versions of RunAsSystem etc are the wrong versions. You are saying, just don't use those? So I should use the Install.bat just the way it is now and it'll work?

    Nope, I uninstalled it, and just installed using the Bat file and it still won't run. What am I missing?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2015
    California
    Posts : 362
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       09 Sep 2015 #57

    XweAponX said: View Post
    Ok, thanks, I'll try that. The issue was, the installer.cmd would t work cos those two versions of RunAsSystem etc are the wrong versions. You are saying, just don't use those? So I should use the Install.bat just the way it is now and it'll work?

    Nope, I uninstalled it, and just installed using the Bat file and it still won't run. What am I missing?
    I am running Windows 10 x64 ver 10240.

    At first I tried several times to install Windows Media Center, following the instructions exactly. With no result. The scripts didn't seem to be running.

    I finally got it to work with the following procedure. Don't know which of these steps made the difference.

    1. First I reset the default apps settings to Microsoft recommended defaults:

    -Settings, System, Default Apps, Reset to Microsoft recommended defaults. press RESET.

    2. I extracted the WindowsMediaCenter_10.0.10134.0.zip file as a folder on my Desktop (previously it was extracted to my Downloads folder).

    3. I opened a Command Prompt (Admin) window. Then didn't touch this command prompt window until Windows Media Center was installed.

    -Right Click Start Button, select Command Prompt (Admin).

    4. On the Desktop, open the extracted folder "WindowsMediaCenter_10.0.10134.0"

    -Right Click on Uninstaller.cmd Run As Administrator. Wait until it completes.

    -Right Click on _TestRights.cmd Run As Administrator. Wait until it completes. If it opens another Command Prompt window run Installer.cmd, otherwise reboot and then run Installer.cmd.

    -Right Click on Installer.cmd Run As Administrator. Wait until it completes. When the message "Press any key to exit." appears in the Command Prompt Window, press a key and close the Command Prompt Window and close any other open Command Prompt Windows then Reboot.

    5. The Windows Media Center icon should now be in the All Apps Menu under "Windows Accessories" folder, "Media Center".

    If you have problems installing Windows Media Center, hopefully this will work for you, also.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2014
    Walnut Beach, Milford, Ct
    Posts : 7,569
    Win10 Pro / Remix 3.0
       09 Sep 2015 #58

    How can this be uninstalled ?
    I forgot to make a restore point first.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Apr 2015
    California
    Posts : 362
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       09 Sep 2015 #59

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    How can this be uninstalled ?
    I forgot to make a restore point first.
    Right Click on Uninstaller.cmd Run As Administrator. Wait until it completes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2014
    Walnut Beach, Milford, Ct
    Posts : 7,569
    Win10 Pro / Remix 3.0
       09 Sep 2015 #60

    Antilope said: View Post
    Right Click on Uninstaller.cmd Run As Administrator. Wait until it completes.
    I tried and it doesn't work.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Why is media center waking my computer if media center was removed?
Hi, Still trying to figure out what it is that keeps waking up my computer from sleep. I looked in the event logs and found this: The system has returned from a low power state. Sleep Time: ‎2015‎-‎08‎-‎30T03:12:34.409741300Z Wake Time:...
General Support
Solved Any word on Media Center?
I heard rumor that Media Center was not going to be made available for Windows 10, but there apparently is not official word. Has anyone heard anything? If it doesn't have Media Center, then it will be no use to us at all.
General Support
Windows Media Center
Has any one tried installing WMC on build 9926 yet? It wouldn't work on older builds.
Software and Apps
Solved Korea Media Player Center and Korea Messenger Center
During my recent upgrade of Windows 10 from one build to another, the above two programs landed on my desktop. I am, as can be seen, in the UK, and I very much regret that I do not understand and cannot read Korean, so how can I get rid of them? I...
Software and Apps
Windows Media Center
I've just tested and I was able to add Media Center to Windows 10 with my Windows 8 media center key :party: Although my desktop watermark now shows as Windows 8.1 with media center.
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums