64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 35
       #20

    JoeShades said:
    They need to release a mobile browser and worry about their market share dropping to single digits soon, there may be no such thing as firefox and that concerns me because i hate chrome
    PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

    OR are you talking tablets and smart watches?
    'Cause I'm not really that much into mobile, but may buy a smart watch in the future, don't like to haul cases around all day long.
    Last edited by BlueGuy; 04 Oct 2014 at 04:48.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #21

    JoeShades said:
    I don't understand why chrome is so popular, so many people push it like the people on CNET or Engadet, leo laporte. Chrome extensions are far inferior to firefox, it contrary to popular myth does not handle memory better and is not any faster
    Because anywhere you have something to do with Google, there's Chrome lurking somewhere.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 11,171
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #22

    Hi there

    You'll also need to wear a DINNER PLATE on your wrist as well to use google in the future !!!! - Why are Mens watches so hideously LARGE and Ugly these days and look like the worst taste in ostentatious Bling that I've seen in my entire life - and I've been in some places where incredible amounts of "tasteless" Bling was the norm. !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #23

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    You'll also need to wear a DINNER PLATE on your wrist as well to use google in the future !!!! - Why are Mens watches so hideously LARGE and Ugly these days and look like the worst taste in ostentatious Bling that I've seen in my entire life - and I've been in some places where incredible amounts of "tasteless" Bling was the norm. !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Must make sure that everybody can see you have one. I still have an Omikron I got when started school, small, thin and square. 60 years on and still ticking and keeping time.
    Last edited by CountMike; 04 Oct 2014 at 05:14.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 35
       #24

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    You'll also need to wear a DINNER PLATE on your wrist as well to use google in the future !!!! - Why are Mens watches so hideously LARGE and Ugly these days and look like the worst taste in ostentatious Bling that I've seen in my entire life - and I've been in some places where incredible amounts of "tasteless" Bling was the norm. !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Well, like Hollywood Jim, they've run out of ideas.
    I'm still wearing the Timex LCD I bought in 1978, with the only upgrade being a stainless steel expansion band after the leather wore out, but I am intrigued by the smart watches, though will wait to see how they evolve before buying.
    Some are as big as those white communicators from ST:TMP, others not much larger than my Timex at about 1.5inch x 1inch.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       #25

    I've run both Waterfox and Pale Moon x64 on and off. Since trying Cyberfox I've been pretty happy with it. All the FF AddOns I used work with it. My only complaint is often I see a lag after clicking an item in a list,until it shows the selection highlighted. But I'm running several AddOns I wouldn't need on my old Desktop PCs with CRT monitor because Toshiba Laptop contrast is only adjustable from the Catalyst Control Center. I have font switchers and other stuff that may slow down reaction on long lists. But that's just a guess.

    AFA speed the 32 bit FF portable seems quite fast. But if I can run a stable 64 bit browser I may as well. :)
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 214
    Windows 10
       #26

    BlueGuy said:
    PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

    OR are you talking tablets and smart watches?
    'Cause I'm not really that much into mobile, but may buy a smart watch in the future, don't like to haul cases around all day long.
    Talking about tablets and smart phones,especially iphone and ipads they have zero presence almost in those markets. so what happens is people use chrome on those things an.d then start using chrome on laptops and desktops and firefox becomes forgotten, that needs to change and change now
    Last edited by JoeShades; 04 Oct 2014 at 13:43.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 807
    Win10x64 v2004 latest build fast ring
       #27

    BlueGuy said:
    PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

    OR are you talking tablets and smart watches?
    'Cause I'm not really that much into mobile, but may buy a smart watch in the future, don't like to haul cases around all day long.
    I'm just waiting for smart people to stop using the word "smart" to describe every dumb-as-a-rock gadget that comes along... The "smart" in "smart watch," for instance, needs to come from the operator of the watch or else there just isn't any "smart" to be had there...same with "smart phone," etc. ad infinitum..."smart browser,"...now there's something truly funny...
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 214
    Windows 10
       #28

    waltc said:
    I'm just waiting for smart people to stop using the word "smart" to describe every dumb-as-a-rock gadget that comes along... The "smart" in "smart watch," for instance, needs to come from the operator of the watch or else there just isn't any "smart" to be had there...same with "smart phone," etc. ad infinitum..."smart browser,"...now there's something truly funny...
    Smart Post
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 429
    Windows 10 Fast Ring
       #29

    waltc said:
    I'm just waiting for smart people to stop using the word "smart" to describe every dumb-as-a-rock gadget that comes along... The "smart" in "smart watch," for instance, needs to come from the operator of the watch or else there just isn't any "smart" to be had there...same with "smart phone," etc. ad infinitum..."smart browser,"...now there's something truly funny...
    Smart ass.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums