Windows 10: Microsoft Brings Their Spying Features From Windows 10 to 7 & 8

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1.    01 Sep 2015 #61

    When i get round to running the "Public" version, still an insider, I'l start to customise it as i have with W7.

    Will turn updates to, LET ME decide, more importantly see what the update does,
    turn off Customer experience, and so on.

    Attn Kari, see screenshot



    Roy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ffdata.PNG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 12,395
    Windows 10 Pro
       01 Sep 2015 #62

    hawkman said: View Post
    Attn Kari, see screenshot
    Attn Hawkman, yes. Your point is? That it's OK for Firefox to collect data and send it to Mozilla because the user can disable it, but it's not OK that MS is doing the same although that can also be disabled? Was that your point? Collecting user data and "calling home" is OK as long as it is not MS doing it?

    OK, got your point.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    01 Sep 2015 #63

    Why can't you just uninstall the updates???


    Ninetailz said: View Post
    So according to Forbes, Microsoft is bringing 4 updates to Windows 7 and Windows 8 that spy on you like in windows 10

    Here's some details,



    Read more here:-
    Windows 10 Worst Features Installed On Windows 7 and Windows 8

    Well i just don't know, Why is Microsoft doing this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,551
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       01 Sep 2015 #64

    Kari said: View Post
    Attn Hawkman, yes. Your point is? That it's OK for Firefox to collect data and send it to Mozilla because the user can disable it, but it's not OK that MS is doing the same although that can also be disabled? Was that your point? Collecting user data and "calling home" is OK as long as it is not MS doing it?

    OK, got your point.
    From reading other websites we are not sure all of the privacy issues can be disabled without really hacking the registry in windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,563
    Windows 10 Pro x64 RS 10586.586
       01 Sep 2015 #65

    From reading other websites we are not sure all of the privacy issues can be disabled without really hacking the registry in windows 10.
    And this is the Point!

    I think a registry hack is not enough, because so my own opinion, the most hidden backdoors are in encrypted files. And in the most countrys reverse Engineering is illegal. And the Copyright from Microsoft don`t allow any Manipulation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    01 Sep 2015 #66

    Ninetailz said: View Post
    Lol, even with those disabled, Microsoft can still get you automatically updated (label it as security bug fixes) and sneak in some tools that "tracks" you. And i am not whining ... i am just upset because now they are doing this with win 7... at least keep you tracking and other tools to win 10 why bring this to win 7??
    I think they're bringing data collection to Windows 7 & 8 because a lot of concern and negative media is being written about Microsoft collecting personal information/data with Windows10. This is keeping quite a few people from upgrading from Win 7/8 to Win 10. If Microsoft puts these same controversial features on Windows 7/8, that's one obstacle removed from the list of reasons for not upgrading from 7/8 to 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    01 Sep 2015 #67

    Kari said: View Post
    Attn Hawkman, yes. Your point is? That it's OK for Firefox to collect data and send it to Mozilla because the user can disable it, but it's not OK that MS is doing the same although that can also be disabled? Was that your point? Collecting user data and "calling home" is OK as long as it is not MS doing it?

    OK, got your point.
    At least Firefox tells you that they collect data from you and leads you to the configurations for enabling or disabling it, and if you disable, you trully disable telemetry.

    Microsoft lies, and tries to hide the privacy settings (at least akng it complicated to acess for average users) in several places, and even if you can turn that off, the OS still sends telemetry information, which you need to disable via registry settings, and even then, they still send data to Microsoft, then they cover their backs with their "on the law" terms and conditions. It' sthe same corp that said "Users need to be re-educated to know what they want" when Windows 8 was a total fail for PC users... Not to mention all those updates that bricked systems or made endless reboot loops... Imagining that on a system that hides the abiity to disable automatic updates it's a nightmare. MS demonstrates it cannot be trusted blindly, which is sad; I grew up with MS OSes, this makes me sad...

    After Windows 7, MS has been doing nothing but fails, Windows 8 it's a fail with that stupid mobile stuff over PCs, Windows 10 now it's a fail because of abusive corporative practices... Users now are being fooled, do you like to be fooled? I do not, and I bet neither you...

    Why MS... why are you betraying the users that have been with you since the beggining? Money? There is something over that... value, Windows is quickly loosing it for power users...

    This is the reason people is ranting about this politics, is not about collecting data per se (which, while being done by others like google, which happen to give you switches to turn that off completely), but about trying to fool, hide information and treating you like a dork that doesn't know about PCs...

    Jut my two cents...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,517
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)
       01 Sep 2015 #68

    Consumer & Business vs Test


    It is not OK for:
    • <Insert Corporate Name Here> to do this
    • This code to be embedded in any software, as it can be accessed by anyone with the necessary skills, authorized or not (i.e. it's an unnecessary increase in Attack Surface)

    A superior solution (to the one I proposed earlier) is that the Data Collection code should be a separate plugin.

    People who:
    • Want to be monitored can install it
    • Don't want to be monitored won't install it
    • Change their minds can uninstall it

    <Insert Corporate Name Here> could then loudly proclaim that they respect user privacy and security experts could confirm it, generating a lot of positive publicity.

    End of problem.

    <Insert Corporate Name Here> could still provide incentives to encourage everyone to install it.
    For example, MS could provide discounts for other software, like Office.

    Note
    IMO, there is a difference between Consumer & Business versions and Test versions.
    Test versions (i.e. W10TP and W10IP) need to have telemetry features, so users would have to install the Data Collection plugin to be able to run those versions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    02 Sep 2015 #69

    FerchogtX said: View Post
    At least Firefox tells you that they collect data from you and leads you to the configurations for enabling or disabling it, and if you disable, you trully disable telemetry.

    Microsoft lies, and tries to hide the privacy settings (at least akng it complicated to acess for average users) in several places, and even if you can turn that off, the OS still sends telemetry information, which you need to disable via registry settings, and even then, they still send data to Microsoft, then they cover their backs with their "on the law" terms and conditions. It' sthe same corp that said "Users need to be re-educated to know what they want" when Windows 8 was a total fail for PC users... Not to mention all those updates that bricked systems or made endless reboot loops... Imagining that on a system that hides the abiity to disable automatic updates it's a nightmare. MS demonstrates it cannot be trusted blindly, which is sad; I grew up with MS OSes, this makes me sad...

    After Windows 7, MS has been doing nothing but fails, Windows 8 it's a fail with that stupid mobile stuff over PCs, Windows 10 now it's a fail because of abusive corporative practices... Users now are being fooled, do you like to be fooled? I do not, and I bet neither you...

    Why MS... why are you betraying the users that have been with you since the beggining? Money? There is something over that... value, Windows is quickly loosing it for power users...

    This is the reason people is ranting about this politics, is not about collecting data per se (which, while being done by others like google, which happen to give you switches to turn that off completely), but about trying to fool, hide information and treating you like a dork that doesn't know about PCs...

    Jut my two cents...
    What a load of rubbish, I think people who are sprouting this sort of nonsense need to take a couple of slugs of Whisky to settle down a bit and get back to reality.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    02 Sep 2015 #70

    BillyBob said: View Post
    What a load of rubbish, I think people who are sprouting this sort of nonsense need to take a couple of slugs of Whisky to settle down a bit and get back to reality.
    I just find it funny that people who aren't using Win10 are posting in a WIn10 forum to just complain about MS in general. If ya got an issue with what MS is doing with 7/8 then post your concerns in either the 7 forums or 8 forums.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Related Threads
see full report
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/04/29/microsoft-brings-windows-10-to-makers/
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:49.
Find Us