Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Sep 2014
    Hobart
    Posts : 50
    Windows 10 Insider (fast ring)
       31 Aug 2015 #21

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tin-foil-conspiracy-theories.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	35001
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 48
    Win 8.1
       31 Aug 2015 #22

    This is what you do.
    Create a new text file and call it whatever you want.bat
    Copy this and paste it there.

    wusa /uninstall /kb:3068708 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3044374 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3022345 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3021917 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:2990214 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3080149 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3075249 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3080149 /norestart
    wusa /uninstall /kb:3075249 /norestart

    Save file then double click on it.
    Click OK until it's finished regardless if the update is installed or not.
    Disable Auto Update if not already.
    Run your update then hide the KB-updates listed in this removal batch.
    You should never see them again and should resume auto updates but I wouldn't trust Microsoft after installing this Malware in the first place. And YES, it IS Malware.

    It changes the whole function of an already set up and PRIVATE PROPERTY of a consumer being home or at an office.
    It send you advertisements of a future Microsoft Product.

    They complained when Gator did it and now they are doing it themselves.

    This should remove all existence of bothering you with Windows 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       31 Aug 2015 #23

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    They have never ever done it in the past so why would they start doing it now? The backlash from doing something like that would be horrendous. It isn't going to happen.
    The only way they would get this info would be with a warrant signed by a Federal Judge at least here in the US.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,198
    Windows 10 IoT
       31 Aug 2015 #24

    Gary said: View Post
    The only way they would get this info would be with a warrant signed by a Federal Judge at least here in the US.
    What info? I was replying to the "update to disable XP and Windows 7" statement.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       31 Aug 2015 #25

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    What info? I was replying to the "update to disable XP and Windows 7" statement.
    Well I was replying to what was posted in the OP. I should not have quoted you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : May 2015
    Guelph
    Posts : 28
    Windos 10 TP 10122
       31 Aug 2015 #26

    squawksarah said: View Post
    I had that thought when Windows 8 came out. I looked into Ubuntu but truthfully its pants. There is no real software for it, just a few 'limited features' open-source apps. So how do we continue to do computer stuff without decent apps? We can't. So Linux is a bust. If Windows 10 was just as awful as W8 I was seriously considering dumping Windows completely and going Mac (god help me!). But Windows 10 is starting to shape up if only we can get the Microsoft nosy-beak nonsense under control. But can we trust them not to sneak and peek?
    Most of us geeks do know how to install the software and the operating systems of the world, but there are only a few that are able to diagnose the many services running on these modern operating systems. In the past I cooked my own Linux kernels with just the modules needed, now even the newer versions are updates from a "repository". I still have among my friends a few that brew their own kernels and also have a proper firewall running at their home or work. Most of the bad stuff can get easily filtered but even the "routers" are now setup with automatic rules and most, if not all, ISP's are running some form of packet sniffer or packet capture. What does this leaves us with? To be honest, unless you want to go back to a typewriter there is little choice. Work demands email, mostly 20/7 with a whole 4 hours of allowed downtime where people are so exhausted that they can simply not reply. Afraid of spying or software companies collecting stats? Talk to your elected government and tell them to do something about it. Oh wait... they have backdoors everywhere too...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       31 Aug 2015 #27

    Folks,, let's keep in mind the article in the OP is from a well known anti MS shrill. Just take it for what it's worth and don't worry.. the world is not coming to an end any time soon..

    Keep calm and carry on.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 48
    Win 8.1
       31 Aug 2015 #28

    Here I am doing research and the OTHER thread is closed to commenting about Microsoft Spying.

    In recent history how can you NOT believe any of the rumors when you can't even trust your own Government. Snowden already told you what's what and people are like whatever.

    Now we have Microsoft install advertising and telemetry software on already existing machines regardless if you want it or not and under the table onto Win 7, 8 and 8.1 PRIVATE COMPUTERS.

    You can disregard all of that but my firewall catches a ton of crap.
    Every time I go to install a piece of software through Windows Installer it tries to call Microsoft. It may be benign but neither MS or the internet offer any explanation.
    Hell, Explorer wanted access to the internet with an IP address that when I looked up was Time Warner Cable.
    Even if they were my ISP that's my Modem communicating with them and nothing to do with my computer.

    What gets me is that I have crap calling this and that yet ZERO explanation of who, what and where but the funny thing is even though I block it all, my computer STILL runs like a gem so why is it there in the first place if it's unnecessary for the function of my PC?

    None of it makes my user experience any better despite what the EULA says and the imagination can fill in the blanks with a lack of explanation and dirty deeds done in the past.

    It can all be benign but liars are liars all the way through and MS is NOT looking out for MY best interests.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       31 Aug 2015 #29

    Richard Shank said: View Post
    Here I am doing research and the OTHER thread is closed to commenting about Microsoft Spying.

    In recent history how can you NOT believe any of the rumors when you can't even trust your own Government. Snowden already told you what's what and people are like whatever.

    Now we have Microsoft install advertising and telemetry software on already existing machines regardless if you want it or not and under the table onto Win 7, 8 and 8.1 PRIVATE COMPUTERS.

    You can disregard all of that but my firewall catches a ton of crap.
    Every time I go to install a piece of software through Windows Installer it tries to call Microsoft. It may be benign but neither MS or the internet offer any explanation.
    Hell, Explorer wanted access to the internet with an IP address that when I looked up was Time Warner Cable.
    Even if they were my ISP that's my Modem communicating with them and nothing to do with my computer.

    What gets me is that I have crap calling this and that yet ZERO explanation of who, what and where but the funny thing is even though I block it all, my computer STILL runs like a gem so why is it there in the first place if it's unnecessary for the function of my PC?

    None of it makes my user experience any better despite what the EULA says and the imagination can fill in the blanks with a lack of explanation and dirty deeds done in the past.

    It can all be benign but liars are liars all the way through and MS is NOT looking out for MY best interests.
    Simple solution is don't use any MS product. Use Linux...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 599
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       31 Aug 2015 #30

    Richard Shank said: View Post
    Here I am doing research and the OTHER thread is closed to commenting about Microsoft Spying.

    In recent history how can you NOT believe any of the rumors when you can't even trust your own Government. Snowden already told you what's what and people are like whatever.

    Now we have Microsoft install advertising and telemetry software on already existing machines regardless if you want it or not and under the table onto Win 7, 8 and 8.1 PRIVATE COMPUTERS.

    You can disregard all of that but my firewall catches a ton of crap.
    Every time I go to install a piece of software through Windows Installer it tries to call Microsoft. It may be benign but neither MS or the internet offer any explanation.
    Hell, Explorer wanted access to the internet with an IP address that when I looked up was Time Warner Cable.
    Even if they were my ISP that's my Modem communicating with them and nothing to do with my computer.

    What gets me is that I have crap calling this and that yet ZERO explanation of who, what and where but the funny thing is even though I block it all, my computer STILL runs like a gem so why is it there in the first place if it's unnecessary for the function of my PC?

    None of it makes my user experience any better despite what the EULA says and the imagination can fill in the blanks with a lack of explanation and dirty deeds done in the past.

    It can all be benign but liars are liars all the way through and MS is NOT looking out for MY best interests.
    I'll echo Bunny J and say - go with Linux. MS, Apple, Google are all 'harvesting' tons of data about your various habits. It's really pretty bad what is considered acceptable nowadays. but people put up with it, and there it is. Commerce rules in this world. If you're not cool with being a product, you need to opt out. I'm considering it myself.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
No, Microsoft is not spying on you with Windows 10
see full report
Windows 10 News
Microsoft brings Windows 10 to Makers
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/04/29/microsoft-brings-windows-10-to-makers/
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Keeps Teasing Windows 10 Features Ahead of...
More
Windows 10 News
Microsoft Details New Windows 10 Features
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums