Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    28 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 8,247
    Mint 18.2

    Microsoft Now Allows Windows 10 Home Users to Disable Auto App Updates


    Windows 10 Home users are not allowed to defer system updates, and as we’ve recently found out, they weren't even allowed to disable app updates in the Windows Store, so all new versions that were released through the store were automatically installed on their PCs.

    Today, however, Microsoft has rolled out an update for the Windows Store, and as part of this release, the company has also introduced an option to disable automatic app updates.

    In other words, if you don't want new versions of your apps to be automatically installed on your PC, just fire up the Windows Store, go to Settings and disable this new option. After that, the Windows Store will let you know that updates are available, but you'll have to manually install them on the computer.

    Source



    Last edited by Brink; 28 Aug 2015 at 13:35. Reason: tip
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    28 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,158
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Ugh, that's going to make many with data caps happy.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    28 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts : 257
    Windows 10 Home

    I want to disable automatic driver updates. Please what is so hard about that Microsoft.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    28 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,954
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by reddice View Post
    I want to disable automatic driver updates. Please what is so hard about that Microsoft.
    Right click This PC>Advanced settings>

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 004.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	34409
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	34410
    Last edited by Brink; 29 Aug 2015 at 07:58. Reason: added tutorial link for more info
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    28 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,162
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Right click This PC>Advanced settings>
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 004.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	34409
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	34410
    I've seen several people report that, that doesn't work anymore? I haven't confirmed it myself though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    28 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,954
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I've seen several people report that, that doesn't work anymore? I haven't confirmed it myself though.
    I can because it hasn't messed around with my AMD graphics card(CCC) since.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    28 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,162
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    I can because it hasn't messed around with my AMD graphics card(CCC) since.
    Ok, not sure why others say it doesn't work then? Something they are doing or not doing? It may depend on when you set that option too. Anyway if you say it works, that's good enough for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    28 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Land of 10,000 lakes
    Posts : 10,382
    W10 Pro, W10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    I can because it hasn't messed around with my AMD graphics card(CCC) since.
    I'll second that, but with my Nvidia graphics driver. I prefer to install the updates myself, so I can uncheck some of the options I don't need.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Kenner
    Posts : 217
    Windows 10 Home x64

    This is great! At least they are loosening the strings a little
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Aug 2015 #10
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Sydney NSW Australia
    Posts : 291
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1703 (15063.502)

    I am glad that MS has realised that they aren't big daddy.
    I like my updates when I want them NOT when MS says I need them
    or, having drivers installed that are not as new as other ones.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?
I don't use these garbage "apps", nor do I have a Microsoft Account attached to my computer. Why am I forced to update these bloatware, preinstalled "apps" automatically? 30716
General Support
Solved possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1
Seems, I read that the home premium edition automatic windows updates could not be disabled like win 8.1 can in services can anyone confirm this? :)
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved can i disable a single auto update in windows 10 preview?
Ok after i keep fixing my switchable graphics microsoft keep coming along and messing it up again by auto updating with wrong drivers! in the update list i see the wrong AMD video driver and i cant stop it from installing so ultimately i had...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Does not auto connect to home wifi after latest W 10 updates
C55-A5180 Toshiba laptop windows 10 preview 10122 After the latest windows 10 updates the laptop will remember the network but I have to manually click to connect the wifi. I have it set to auto connect, see picture. Any Ideas? 20107
Network and Sharing
Microsoft updates Windows 10, gets an earful from users...
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums