Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
  1.    29 Aug 2015 #91
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,634
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by tracit99 View Post
    CountMike did you check your Applicability key as suggested in post #70? I have seen missing info in this key to cause greyed keys in Advanced options of Windows Update.

    Also one time I saw grey items in Advanced options of Windows Update because of Settings>Privacy>Feedback and diagnostics>Diagnostic and data usage. I know if you are an Insider this key is greyed, but it still should be set to Full (Recommended) not Basic or Enhanced. I once had to use group policy to change mine from Enhanced to Full (Recommended) on one machine before seeing new build.


    I have, EnablePreviewBuilds at 2
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    29 Aug 2015 #92
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,634
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by tracit99 View Post
    CountMike did you check your Applicability key as suggested in post #70? I have seen missing info in this key to cause greyed keys in Advanced options of Windows Update.

    Also one time I saw grey items in Advanced options of Windows Update because of Settings>Privacy>Feedback and diagnostics>Diagnostic and data usage. I know if you are an Insider this key is greyed, but it still should be set to Full (Recommended) not Basic or Enhanced. I once had to use group policy to change mine from Enhanced to Full (Recommended) on one machine before seeing new build.


    I have, EnablePreviewBuilds at 2
    RingBackup at disabled.
    Wander if I should change it to what's in that post ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    29 Aug 2015 #93
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Hartselle
    Posts : 488
    Windows 10 Pro 16299.125

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I have, EnablePreviewBuilds at 2
    RingBackup at disabled.
    Wander if I should change it to what's in that post ?
    The only key I would not change is the FlightingOwnerGUID key. In fact you can delete Applicability key altogether and it will be rebuilt the next time Windows Update runs. I would try that first and then restart. If you still have greyed keys in Advanced options of Windows Update then try changing your keys to match the ones in the post. Hopefully one of these steps will fix the greyed keys. I feel that until the greyed keys are repaired your chance of getting a new build are not good.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Aug 2015 #94
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,634
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Changing any of those didn't help any. Deleted Applicability key and now it went to Get insider Builds and Get started button is greyed out, key was not rebuilt.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    29 Aug 2015 #95
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,486
    Windows 10 Professional

    Don't know if this was covered already or when it came to pass but, I just noticed that you can now drag Quick Access items into whatever order you wish.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000176.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	34506
    Last edited by Edwin; 29 Aug 2015 at 07:52.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    29 Aug 2015 #96
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    @Edwin Thanks for pointing that out.. that will be a useful feature for me.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Aug 2015 #97
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Hartselle
    Posts : 488
    Windows 10 Pro 16299.125

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Changing any of those didn't help any. Deleted Applicability key and now it went to Get insider Builds and Get started button is greyed out, key was not rebuilt.
    I am sorry none of my solutions worked for you. Hopefully you have a backed up image of your 10525 that was functioning properly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Aug 2015 #98
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,634
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by tracit99 View Post
    I am sorry none of my solutions worked for you. Hopefully you have a backed up image of your 10525 that was functioning properly.
    Yes, 3 day old full Reflect backup, going to do it later.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    29 Aug 2015 #99
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,486
    Windows 10 Professional

    Here's another thing I noticed in the last few Builds:
    Thumbnail previews look like there's something wrong with them:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000179.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	34524

    ... except Settings; it looks proper and 'finished':

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000178.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	34526
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    29 Aug 2015 #100
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Hartselle
    Posts : 488
    Windows 10 Pro 16299.125

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Yes, 3 day old full Reflect backup, going to do it later.
    CountMike here is what I found after a little testing. If your Diagnostic and usage date is set to Basic (AllowTelemetry set to 1 in registry see screenshot) then the Applicability key will not be rebuilt and Advanced options in Windows Update look like this. However, it you go to registry and change AllowTelemetry to 3 (see screenshot for registry location) then the Applicability key is rebuilt the next time Windows Update is accessed. To fully rebuild it you may have to open and close Windows Update a couple of times. Maybe this will make sense to you and you can get your new build.








      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158 for PCs
Just available on my machine. AMEN. Rich 22747 UPDATE: Whoa! Another Windows 10 PC build! Build 10159 - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:53.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums