Insider Program is now Live Insider

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Boozad's Avatar
    Posts : 1,625
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM
       #130

    Just tried installing Start8, and while it does work (and yes I'm a still a stickler for a traditional Start Menu) it wipes out any icons of programs pinned to the Taskbar. I had Use Large Icons disabled so whether that had anything to do with it I don't know, I'll have to do some more testing.
      My Computer

  2. paulpicks21's Avatar
    Posts : 950
    Windows 10 Pro
       #131

    All up and running here without a glitch...so far lol.
      My Computers

  3. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 16,576
    W10 Insider + Linux
       #132

    Windows + TC + FF and 11,5 GB on disk. Running in VM on one core and 1 BG of RAM. still not much slower than Linux in the same VM. All that without proper drivers because of VM, looks promising for now.
      My Computers

  4. blackroseMD1's Avatar
    Posts : 2,019
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview x64
       #133

    Boozad said:
    Just tried installing Start8, and while it does work (and yes I'm a still a stickler for a traditional Start Menu) it wipes out any icons of programs pinned to the Taskbar. I had Use Large Icons disabled so whether that had anything to do with it I don't know, I'll have to do some more testing.
    Start8 worked fine for me and kept my icons intact when I first booted up. I did have Use Large Icons checked though.
      My Computer

  5. Tews's Avatar
    Posts : 168
    Windows 10 Technical Preview x64
       #134

    Running 10 in vmware workstation, and its acting like it needs memory ... jerky, takes forever for a screen to load ... I'll work on it tomorrow and try to sort it out...
      My Computer

  6. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 16,576
    W10 Insider + Linux
       #135

    Tews said:
    Running 10 in vmware workstation, and its acting like it needs memory ... jerky, takes forever for a screen to load ... I'll work on it tomorrow and try to sort it out...
    Give VM some more memory than. I'm on one core (of 4) and 1 GB of ram (from 8 GB) and yet it's just fine, almost as fast Linux in same conditions. Maybe because of 4.2 GHz and 1650 MHz RAM.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 247
    7, 10 (1909)
       #136

    Downloaded and made the bootable usb drive without any problems. I plan to install on a separate ssd, but I'd like to disconnect all other drives just in case, so it'll have to wait till tomorrow. The screenshots are looking great though 😎
      My Computer



  8. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #137

    Just got home to join in on the fun. Downloading now. 64 bit 30 minutes at my speed. I, too, will dual boot. :)
      My Computers

  9. Jody Thornton's Avatar
    Posts : 487
    Windows 8 Pro x64
       #138

    I'm running vmWare the same with 10 as I ran with 8.1. But I removed the vmWare drivers for display (since they were exhibiting "tearing" across the screen; little horizontal lines). The basic Microsoft driver seems superlative.

    I run with 2 cores and 2 GB of RAM. Runs just about as well as v8.1. Windows 10 starts up a hair quicker though.
      My Computer

  10. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 16,576
    W10 Insider + Linux
       #139

    HippsieGypsie said:
    Just got home to join in on the fun. Downloading now. 64 bit 30 minutes at my speed. I, too, will dual boot. :)
    Hope dentist gave you some laughing gas (NO2), does wanders to engine horse power.
      My Computers


 
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums