Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1.    01 Oct 2014 #111

    Boozad said: View Post
    All set up in VM Player, took about 15 minutes for the installation and setup. It's like W8.1+ from what I can see so far.

    Attachment 5436
    I'm with you there. Other than windowed Metro apps (which I mostly cannot use on a standalone account) and the start menu (which I was able to remove tiles from), it really feels just like 8.1 so far (but a lot can happen before April)

    We should call it Windows 8.10 ... lol
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 98
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       01 Oct 2014 #112

    JDobbsy1987 said: View Post

    I downloaded at 7.9 MB/s
    Must be me then. Right now its downloading at 53.7kb/s, or at 1/160th the speed you downloaded at, despite the school supposedly have 2gb/s internet.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       01 Oct 2014 #113

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-01 13_54_57-Greenshot.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	866.8 KB 
ID:	5437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-01 13_53_56-Greenshot.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	866.9 KB 
ID:	5438

    You can change the color of the start menu by right click on it and customizing, there is also an auto setting. This changes the colors of all the screens including log on and log off. The inplace upgrade worked well. Classic shell 4.04 reconfigured itself but to be fair I uninstalled it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    01 Oct 2014 #114

    How do you download this without a dvd or USB flash drive? i was able to just download a file and install with windows 8 preview, is there a way with this?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    01 Oct 2014 #115

    Indianatone said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-01 13_54_57-Greenshot.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	866.8 KB 
ID:	5437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-01 13_53_56-Greenshot.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	866.9 KB 
ID:	5438

    You can change the color of the start menu by right click on it and customizing, there is also an auto setting. This changes the colors of all the screens including log on and log off. The inplace upgrade worked well. Classic shell 4.04 reconfigured itself but to be fair I uninstalled it.
    Is the start scree as customizable as classic shell, if not what is the point in using this and not just waiting for a classic shell update?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       01 Oct 2014 #116

    JoeShades said: View Post
    Is the start scree as customizable as classic shell, if not what is the point in using this and not just waiting for a classic shell update?
    Classic shell seemed to work just fine but as this is a test I decided to install it and play around. I do know how classic shell works but don't know how the new windows start menu works. It is highly configurable.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       01 Oct 2014 #117

    JoeShades said: View Post
    How do you download this without a dvd or USB flash drive? i was able to just download a file and install with windows 8 preview, is there a way with this?
    Yes there is but make sure you have a back up of your data.
    Sign up here and choose upgrade and the OS will be upgraded for you. You will see Windows update start after a reboot. If you go back and read through the thread you will see what I mean.
    Windows Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       01 Oct 2014 #118

    I am stuck in the office, so I just decided to burn the ISO on a blank DVD that I left in the burner before leaving home this morning. Slow burn speed (x6) to avoid errors.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Feb 2014
    Posts : 372
    Windows 10
       01 Oct 2014 #119

    Your detailed usage and device data will automatically go to Microsoft and our partners to improve our products and services. See the Privacy Statement for more information.
    Well, I got exactly this far. I'm sorry, but that is just too freakin' much for me. I guess this is how they'll limit feedback to the ardent fanboi's. Very disappointed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    01 Oct 2014 #120

    Indianatone said: View Post
    Yes there is but make sure you have a back up of your data.
    Sign up here and choose upgrade and the OS will be upgraded for you. You will see Windows update start after a reboot. If you go back and read through the thread you will see what I mean.
    Windows Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows
    I signed up and there is nothing that says upgrade, just links to download ISO file
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Windows Insider Program is big, 1.7 million big
http://www.neowin.net/images/uploaded/2015/01/2_img_8942_story.jpg More
Windows 10 News
MS Insider Program
Hi, I've installed Win10 TP in VM player yesterday, received the security code from MS, 10 was activated. I'm not a PC expert or an IT pro, do I need to join the insider program to receive build updates? I have sent some feedback already when I was...
Windows Insider
Solved Windows Insider Program
Got this
Windows Insider
Insider Checking in on the Windows Insider Program
More: Checking in on the Windows Insider Program
Windows 10 News
Insider Windows Insider Program
Thanks for your excitement about the Windows Insider Program. We're prepping for the release, so please check back soon. In the meantime, take a look at the demo video with our very own Joe Belfiore and read the blog to...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums