Windows to be called Windows 10

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Kevin Ismail's Avatar
    Posts : 190
    Windows 10 64-bit
       #30

    Just saw the news on CNN today saying than MS is going straight to W10 instead of 9. Surprisingly the forum has also jumped into tenforums. That was fast. :)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #31

    Kevin Ismail said:
    Just saw the news on CNN today saying than MS is going straight to W10 instead of 9. Surprisingly the forum has also jumped into tenforums. That was fast. :)
    Hello, Kevin. Good that you could make it in to see the changes. :)

    Yes. John is quicker than greased lightning!
      My Computers

  3. Kevin Ismail's Avatar
    Posts : 190
    Windows 10 64-bit
       #32

    I second that, Tony.
    My sig is getting obsolete.
      My Computer

  4. Trust_No1's Avatar
    Posts : 596
       #33

    As I stated in the Windows 7 forums.

    I am thinking all of this, simply won't matter.


    With Apple Pay coming out, I believe this will rock the mobile device platform, and all mobile phones will be inferior. Who wouldn't want a device that allows you to shed your credit cards, and is almost bullet proof in security.

    In addition, to that, with Abode working with Google Chromebooks, I believe Google's Chrome will be well placed against Microsoft for desktop users. You can bet that if Adobe is falling into place, other major players are lining up to peddle it's wares to Google.

    So at this point, Microsoft's name change simply offers more consumer confusion, which 8, RT, 8 Pro , 8.1, 9 Who?, and Surface what?, did. They have so many different versions, no one knows what they are buying. At least Microsoft is first, in something, customer confusion.

    In retrospect they probably would have been better served if they had just left it as "Windows Threshold", but that is just my left brain thinking.
      My Computer

  5. fireberd's Avatar
    Posts : 2,046
    Win 10
       #34

    I had guessed Windows 2014 or 2015 in the other thread. I missed that, as most others did on what it would be called.

    I have an iPhone5 (6 plus on order) but I don't think Apple will rule the world and don't intend to switch from MS to a MAC.
      My Computers

  6. UncleSpam's Avatar
    Posts : 2
    Windows 8.1
       #35

    WindX - has a nice clean ring to it!
      My Computer

  7. hawkman's Avatar
    Posts : 650
    10 preview 64bit
       #36

    so its cross (X) platform (P) XP service pack 10
      My Computer


  8. Mystere's Avatar
    Posts : 3,223
    Windows 10 Pro
       #37

    Trust_No1 said:
    With Apple Pay coming out, I believe this will rock the mobile device platform, and all mobile phones will be inferior. Who wouldn't want a device that allows you to shed your credit cards, and is almost bullet proof in security.


    Lol... "almost bullet proof"? Do you mean actually stopping bullets? Because apple does not have a very good security track record in the cloud... given how all those celebrities are suing them for having their sex vids hacked from their iCloud accounts.

    Trust_No1 said:
    In addition, to that, with Abode working with Google Chromebooks, I believe Google's Chrome will be well placed against Microsoft for desktop users. You can bet that if Adobe is falling into place, other major players are lining up to peddle it's wares to Google.


    Except, of course, that it doesn't run any apps that users want.... no games.. even Android runs Office now, something Chromebook can't even do.
      My Computer

  9. Coke Robot's Avatar
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       #38

    Trust_No1 said:
    As I stated in the Windows 7 forums.

    I am thinking all of this, simply won't matter.


    With Apple Pay coming out, I believe this will rock the mobile device platform, and all mobile phones will be inferior. Who wouldn't want a device that allows you to shed your credit cards, and is almost bullet proof in security.

    In addition, to that, with Abode working with Google Chromebooks, I believe Google's Chrome will be well placed against Microsoft for desktop users. You can bet that if Adobe is falling into place, other major players are lining up to peddle it's wares to Google.

    So at this point, Microsoft's name change simply offers more consumer confusion, which 8, RT, 8 Pro , 8.1, 9 Who?, and Surface what?, did. They have so many different versions, no one knows what they are buying. At least Microsoft is first, in something, customer confusion.

    In retrospect they probably would have been better served if they had just left it as "Windows Threshold", but that is just my left brain thinking.
    apple's track record of pushing security in the software they code is nill. mac os x has been audited to be as sure as Windows xp PRE SERVICE PACK 1. ios has continual flaws where someone can bypass the lock screen pincode, not once, not twice, not thrice, but many times. icloud isn't even that secure, and even uses Microsoft Azure to operate.

    As for Chromebooks, yeah, they can try and virtualize some popular apps like Photoshop or Lightroom, maybe itunes even. Nothing would suck more however, when my DSL/ISP provider has a random service outage and am unable to transfer songs from itunes to an idevice. Top programs are one thing, games are a WHOLE different story that gets ruined by a lack of internet or internet outages. No one happily wants to use google docs in place of Office, as there are several stories on the interwebs where local governments or schools tried out pushing google docs only to go through several years of issues and negative feedback until they switched to Office 365.

    Basically, there are things that can and are challenging Microsoft, but they're not at that point just yet. Like it or not, Microsoft did a fine job of ingraining themselves into the enterprise and trickled down into the consumer space to the point that NOT running something Microsoft is actually problematic in some cases.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 276
    Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 19, Arcolinux, MX-17
       #39

    Trust_No1 said:
    So at this point, Microsoft's name change simply offers more consumer confusion, which 8, RT, 8 Pro , 8.1, 9 Who?, and Surface what?, did. They have so many different versions, no one knows what they are buying. At least Microsoft is first, in something, customer confusion.
    Since Microsoft is skipping "9", I prefer to call it Windows 8 + 2 (Windows 8 Plus 2?). Whatever......

    Rich
      My Computer


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums