Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1.    29 Sep 2014 #51
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 450
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Thornton View Post
    Are you saying that an ISO will not allow an install to a VM? Can't I just mount the ISO?
    You can of course use an ISO to install and OS to a virtual machine. This is one of the easiest ways to do it. In VMWare you simply browse to the ISO and hit enter and the program installs the OS with the options you choose. An iso file is so much faster than a DVD.
    http://aztcs.org/meeting_notes/winha...intovmware.pdf
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    29 Sep 2014 #52
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 450
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    It may not be since it's a preview. We shall see in a few days.

    If it does, we really cheat ourselves not testing it on bare metal so as to know how it does on our actual hardware, yes?

    Are you planning on running it within your Vista? I see you have plenty of Mem to do so.
    It has been confirmed there will be 64 and 32 bit ISO to download. 64 bit is about 4GB and 32 bit is about 3 GB. If you don't want to mess up your system VMWare Player is a good way to go and works very well and also is free for home users. I will be using it this way at first.

    VMware Player Plus: Easiest Way to Run a Virtual Machine | United States
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    30 Sep 2014 #53

    Quote Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
    You can of course use an ISO to install and OS to a virtual machine. This is one of the easiest ways to do it. In VMWare you simply browse to the ISO and hit enter and the program installs the OS with the options you choose. An iso file is so much faster than a DVD.
    http://aztcs.org/meeting_notes/winha...intovmware.pdf

    Thank you for all of that info... LOL. I knew how to set up the ISO for installation, and I'm fairly familiar with VMWare. What I was wondering was would there be some reason that anyone thought the preview would not install this way? It sounded as though some were concerned it wouldn't. It seems it should though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    30 Sep 2014 #54

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    It may not be since it's a preview. We shall see in a few days.

    If it does, we really cheat ourselves not testing it on bare metal so as to know how it does on our actual hardware, yes?

    Are you planning on running it within your Vista? I see you have plenty of Mem to do so.
    Yes I plan to run it under Vista. I'm not worried about testing with bare metal, because I would use the final x64 version on a new PC. For the preview, I just want to see that my apps run and I can be productive. I also want to ensure that I can customize things the way I like to. For those purposes, virtualized x86 will do the job.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    30 Sep 2014 #55
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 450
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Thornton View Post
    Thank you for all of that info... LOL. I knew how to set up the ISO for installation, and I'm fairly familiar with VMWare. What I was wondering was would there be some reason that anyone thought the preview would not install this way? It sounded as though some were concerned it wouldn't. It seems it should though.
    Doesn't hurt to post that as forum visitors look and search for info on methods to install the Preview.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    30 Sep 2014 #56
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    notts
    Posts : 29
    windows 8.1 pro with media centre

    so this is what we were just told

    "We want to talk about the overall product family." No news on upgrade pricing etc."

    what..??

    as end users that's was a biggie for us, all we wanted to find out today was..

    when..
    how much..

    come on, give us a break
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    30 Sep 2014 #57
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 32,366
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273

    It's a preview, wakadoo. Just as any previous one there isn't talk about price until just before final release.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10
Source FAQ - Windows 10 FAQ Tips - Microsoft See tutorial: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6607-reserve-free-upgrade-get-windows-10-windows-7-8-1-a.html
Windows 10 News
The free Windows 10 upgrade means users won't be buying New PCs
Sorry, PC vendors: The free Windows 10 upgrade means users won't be buying new PCs | PCWorld
Windows 10 News
Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free
Source
Windows 10 News
Windows 9 Completely Free for Users Buying Windows 8.1 Update 2 Report
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:02.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums