KB5004123 CU Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21390.2025 - June 14 Insider

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 485
    Windows 11 Pro( x64) Ver. DEV.CHANNEL.21H2.22000.100.Co
       #180

    in microsoft news but in indonesia language today it said that sign of windows 11 so clear from : 3 signs : 1 release wall paper in form of 11 . 2. video release with duration 11 minutes 3. start up seasion time in june 24 at 11 am....
    let see if this true...
      My Computer

  2. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,579
    Windows 10 Pro
       #181

    Tin foil hat theories...
      My Computer

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 54,766
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #182

    aswin said:
    in microsoft news but in indonesia language today it said that sign of windows 11 so clear from : 3 signs : 1 release wall paper in form of 11 . 2. video release with duration 11 minutes 3. start up seasion time in june 24 at 11 am....
    let see if this true...
    Kari said:
    Tin foil hat theories...
    Great backroom PR and Marketing by a bunch of bloggers that couldn't spell "11" if they tried.
      My Computers

  4. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,471
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #183

    About the big announcement on June 24, 2021, a lot to be read between the lines:

    With the release of Windows 10 back in 2015, Microsoft was clear that this would be "the last version of Windows" -- so it's unlikely that it would be called Windows 11. However, we don't know if this bigger update will get some sort of moniker. Nadella called it "the next generation of Windows" in his keynote speech at Microsoft Build.

    Is Windows 11 on the way? Here are hints Microsoft has dropped so far - CNET
      My Computers

  5. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,805
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #184

    Kari said:
    Tin foil hat theories...
    Hi there
    I agree -- so much click bait and journos who don't understand what they are writing about.

    The other day the LONDON TIMES of all papers had an article on N.I (No politics intended here in spite of the content ) by an old N.I minister David Trimble writing about the ongoing problems of the UK's Brexit / EU and N.I deal -- but and this is my point that David Trimble was credited with winning the Nobel PEACH prize !!!!! so even major newspapers like that have issues on web sites -- whoever does the proof reading before these things are loaded up -- probably off-shored content just checking for spelling errors --even primitive A.I though would have caught that glitch !!!! -- so I suppose Ms will be in the same situation regarding Win 11 whatever happens.

    I'd love to see @Kari drinking his tin of cat food though on a video !!!!!!

    I can't imagine much happening other than some sort of unification of all these various insider builds though - and that is sorely needed. I'd also suspect that support for 32 bits will finally (and well overdue ) be abandoned -- if you want to run 32 bit OS'es then run them as Virtual Machines. Most sensible Linux Distros have already abandoned 32 bit architecture on their latest releases.

    A bit of speculation here -- instead of more and more multi processor support (after a while the overhead of running a load of multi-processors just becomes excessive) why not start the push towards 128 bit architecture or even ARM on standard PC's etc..

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  6. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,855
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #185

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there
    I agree -- so much click bait and journos who don't understand what they are writing about.

    The other day the LONDON TIMES of all papers had an article on N.I (No politics intended here in spite of the content ) by an old N.I minister David Trimble writing about the ongoing problems of the UK's Brexit / EU and N.I deal -- but and this is my point that David Trimble was credited with winning the Nobel PEACH prize !!!!! so even major newspapers like that have issues on web sites -- whoever does the proof reading before these things are loaded up -- probably off-shored content just checking for spelling errors --even primitive A.I though would have caught that glitch !!!! -- so I suppose Ms will be in the same situation regarding Win 11 whatever happens.

    I'd love to see @Kari drinking his tin of cat food though on a video !!!!!!

    I can't imagine much happening other than some sort of unification of all these various insider builds though - and that is sorely needed. I'd also suspect that support for 32 bits will finally (and well overdue ) be abandoned -- if you want to run 32 bit OS'es then run them as Virtual Machines. Most sensible Linux Distros have already abandoned 32 bit architecture on their latest releases.

    A bit of speculation here -- instead of more and more multi processor support (after a while the overhead of running a load of multi-processors just becomes excessive) why not start the push towards 128 bit architecture or even ARM on standard PC's etc..

    Cheers
    jimbo
    There's still a lot of room for CPU and HW improvemen. New stuff coming up all the time. New CPUs with much faster and larger all 3 levels cache provides OS with much better prediction and faster realization. DDR5 which will be more than twice the speed and doubled capacities will give less reliance on storage that is also getting much faster. Now it will be up to OS and SW developers to take advantage. Must say that they are way behind which can be seen well when using only one or 2 cores in most cases.
      My Computers

  7. rseiler's Avatar
    Posts : 296
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (Insider)
       #186

    f14tomcat said:
    You can always opt out.
    You mean you can always reformat.
      My Computer

  8. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,471
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #187

    rseiler said:
    You mean you can always reformat.
    I think TC meant "opt out of the Insider Program".
      My Computers

  9. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 2,491
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #188

    IronZorg89 said:
    I think TC meant "opt out of the Insider Program".

    If you want to opt out and still keep a version of Windows you WILL need to reformat.
    Last edited by Brink; 11 Jun 2021 at 21:59. Reason: fixed quote box
      My Computers

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 54,766
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #189

    martyfelker said:
    If you want to opt out and still keep a version of Windows you WILL need to reformat.
    Re-install, clean install. Not necessarily reformat the drive, although some do because they want to. It's sufficient to delete the partition and supporting partitions on the clean install. Opting out of Insider does not imply a reformat nor is that stated anywhere I know of. If MS says you must reformat your drive to Opt Out, I would like to see the Microsoft Documentation that states that.
      My Computers


 
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:43.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums