KB5003173 CU Windows 10 2004 19041.985, 20H2 19042.985, 21H1 19043.985 Win Update

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
  1. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 20,658
    10 Home x64 (21H1) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #190

    @Brink, new updates out today.

    KB5003173 CU Windows 10 2004 19041.985, 20H2 19042.985, 21H1 19043.985-image.png
      My Computers

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,164
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #191
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 4
    windows 10
       #192

    I recovered win 10 before installing the update, removed KB5003173, my computer was able to access the drives in the shared network in the same network. Then I turned off the automatic update of windows 10 and tried to manually install the update KB5003214, it was the same as before, could not see the shared drives in the same network. Just take it off!
    Does anyone have the same device as mine?
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 55,106
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #193

    datuan07 said:
    I recovered win 10 before installing the update, removed KB5003173, my computer was able to access the drives in the shared network in the same network. Then I turned off the automatic update of windows 10 and tried to manually install the update KB5003214, it was the same as before, could not see the shared drives in the same network. Just take it off!
    Does anyone have the same device as mine?
    That's impossible to answer. What device? There is nothing in your specs to indicate what you have.
      My Computers

  5. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 24,768
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #194

    f14tomcat said:
    That's impossible to answer. What device? There is nothing in your specs to indicate what you have.
    It's easy with working crystal ball Have to admit, batteries are very low here atm
      My Computers

  6. Jezza819's Avatar
    Posts : 92
    Windows 10
       #195

    After this last update to 2004 Build 19041.985 I've experienced some performance issues. The most annoying one is that when I want to shut down the computer for the night and hit "power" then "shutdown", sometimes it doesn't shut down, it will restart itself. Then I can shut it down completely after I sign back in again.

    I read about a workaround for that where you go into settings and uncheck "fast startup" which worked but the penalty is that startup REALLY TAKES A LONG TIME so I rechecked "fast startup" and figured that the restart instead of shutting down was a fair tradeoff.

    Chrome and Edge are affected too. Chrome will show a blank white page for somewhere around 20 seconds or so before opening and Edge will also go almost that long. Firefox seems to be performing as usual.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 4
    windows 10
       #196

    f14tomcat said:
    That's impossible to answer. What device? There is nothing in your specs to indicate what you have.
    Laptop Asus Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit.KB5003173 CU Windows 10 2004 19041.985, 20H2 19042.985, 21H1 19043.985-6f3ae290-0648-479c-a8ec-f4575c8618c1.jpg
      My Computer


  8. LaurieD227's Avatar
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #197

    Jezza819 said:
    After this last update to 2004 Build 19041.985 I've experienced some performance issues. The most annoying one is that when I want to shut down the computer for the night and hit "power" then "shutdown", sometimes it doesn't shut down, it will restart itself. Then I can shut it down completely after I sign back in again.

    I read about a workaround for that where you go into settings and uncheck "fast startup" which worked but the penalty is that startup REALLY TAKES A LONG TIME so I rechecked "fast startup" and figured that the restart instead of shutting down was a fair tradeoff.

    Chrome and Edge are affected too. Chrome will show a blank white page for somewhere around 20 seconds or so before opening and Edge will also go almost that long. Firefox seems to be performing as usual.
    Do you suppose - or does anyone know - if upgrading to 20H2 would make these issues go away? Or are those solely due to discontinuing "Fast Startup"?

    I'm still on 2004 but have the option to upgrade, and I have not yet applied the May 2021 Patch Tuesday updates. Thanks!
      My Computers

  9. Jezza819's Avatar
    Posts : 92
    Windows 10
       #198

    LaurieD227 said:
    Do you suppose - or does anyone know - if upgrading to 20H2 would make these issues go away? Or are those solely due to discontinuing "Fast Startup"?

    I'm still on 2004 but have the option to upgrade, and I have not yet applied the May 2021 Patch Tuesday updates. Thanks!
    I just downloaded the update to 21H1 but haven't restarted to install it yet. I'll do that right before bed so I'll find out if it fixes this shutdown issue and the other performance issues I have.
      My Computer


 
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums