KB5003173 CU Windows 10 2004 19041.985, 20H2 19042.985, 21H1 19043.985 Win Update

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. krzemien's Avatar
    Posts : 722
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #150

    For completeness and posterity: Installed this CU over the weekend and all seems well.

    Regarding the above finding re: incorrect location in weather app thumbnail (and not only): yeah, I also spotted this irregularity few months ago (I think?).
    It's been fixed now for me as well indeed - but I daresay: not with this CU but Start Menu (or whatever the engine behind this thingy is?) update as the same fix miraculously has been put in place on the corporate device I have which did not have this particular CU deployed yet.

    On that note: I was able to see what's the Start Menu engine (or app or whatever drives it) version installed is by clicking somewhere there. Not anymore...?
    Ah, scratch that, found it now:

    KB5003173 CU Windows 10 2004 19041.985, 20H2 19042.985, 21H1 19043.985-image.png

    Funnily enough, my corporate device has newer version deployed...!
    Last edited by krzemien; 17 May 2021 at 08:23. Reason: Additional Information Added
      My Computers

  2. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 20,065
    10 Home x64 (21H1) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #151

    RingTailCoon said:
    HELLO SANTA!
    AndreTen said:
    Now I know why you said that we have warm weather ....
    I have a summer retreat too.....

    KB5003173 CU Windows 10 2004 19041.985, 20H2 19042.985, 21H1 19043.985-image.png
      My Computers

  3. Farvatten's Avatar
    Posts : 698
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 21H1 19043.1110
       #152

    Bree said:
    I have a summer retreat too.....

    KB5003173 CU Windows 10 2004 19041.985, 20H2 19042.985, 21H1 19043.985-image.png
    Hahaha.. excellent!

    Nothing like a little dry arid humor to start the morning of a new week. Thanks!
      My Computers

  4. DaveH1's Avatar
    Posts : 129
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
       #153

    RingTailCoon said:
    Just click on the three dots in the right corner and check for change location (the option with the tiny pencil)
    That's fine for the weather tile in the new "News and Interests" pop-up window on the taskbar, but I was talking about the live weather tile on the Start Menu, which doesn't have any settings options.

    What I think has happened is that they have changed the live Start Menu weather tile location to follow the location set in the Weather app itself, which is how it should always have been of course!

    Before the change, the live tile did not follow the location set in the Weather app, or indeed the default location set in the Maps app, it seemed to just use the IP location, which is often completely wrong of course!

    Let's hope now it's fixed that it stays fixed!
      My Computer

  5. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,859
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #154

    DaveH1 said:
    That's fine for the weather tile in the new "News and Interests" pop-up window on the taskbar, but I was talking about the live weather tile on the Start Menu, which doesn't have any settings options.

    What I think has happened is that they have changed the live Start Menu weather tile location to follow the location set in the Weather app itself, which is how it should always have been of course!

    Before the change, the live tile did not follow the location set in the Weather app, or indeed the default location set in the Maps app, it seemed to just use the IP location, which is often completely wrong of course!

    Let's hope now it's fixed that it stays fixed!
    You can ad a location.
    KB5003173 CU Windows 10 2004 19041.985, 20H2 19042.985, 21H1 19043.985-image.png
      My Computers

  6. DaveH1's Avatar
    Posts : 129
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
       #155

    Yes, but until now that didn't affect the location shown on the live weather tile in the Start Menu, which in my case still showed the location of my IP address regardless of what I did with the main Weather app.
    I tried everything I could think of to get the live tile location to change before believe me, but nothing worked!
      My Computer

  7. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,859
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #156

    DaveH1 said:
    Yes, but until now that didn't affect the location shown on the live weather tile in the Start Menu, which in my case still showed the location of my IP address regardless of what I did with the main Weather app.
    I tried everything I could think of to get the live tile location to change before believe me, but nothing worked!
    Well, main Weather is a separate app, while the one in the taskbar opens weather in browser. They bot may use data from same place but are definitely different things.
      My Computers

  8. DaveH1's Avatar
    Posts : 129
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
       #157

    Indeed so, they aren't the same thing at all, but I have always assumed that the live weather tile in the Start Menu is part of the Weather app (it runs it of course if you click on it!) so I could never understand why the live tile location didn't follow the Weather app location. It does seem to now, but it should always have done!
      My Computer

  9. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,859
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #158

    Here's both of them at same time
    KB5003173 CU Windows 10 2004 19041.985, 20H2 19042.985, 21H1 19043.985-image.png
    For some reason Taskbar one just wouldn't stay with display in Centigrade but always defaults to Fahrenheit
      My Computers

  10. DaveH1's Avatar
    Posts : 129
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
       #159

    I actually prefer Fahrenheit because it's what I grew up with!
    One other thing that I've noticed has changed recently is that the temperature display on the Edge homepage always used to show Celsius, and although you could change it to Fahrenheit, it wouldn't remember it and it would go back to Celsius again.
    That now seems to be fixed as well.
      My Computer


 
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums