KB5001391 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.964 and v20H2 19042.964 Win Update

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 516
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       #40

    BrownianMotion said:
    Patch notes say that this was the update that was supposed to enable it.
    Some see it, I have 19043.964 and I don't see it, but it looks a lot like the same widget as Edge.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,568
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #41

    Zardoc said:
    Some see it, I have 19043.964 and I don't see it, but it looks a lot like the same widget as Edge.
    In all seriousness, I don't see it either. Maybe it HAS to work with the May-update or even the 21H2-update. I was hoping on the widget (I find it handy by the looks of it, kinda newshungry!) but no.

    Crossing my fingers with Patch Tuesday then... Hoping hoping...
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,817
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #42

    BrownianMotion said:
    It says that this update is supposed to add the weather widget for the taskbar, however, even after installing it I don't have the widget.

    Anyone else experiencing this?
    egperes said:
    the same here
    BrownianMotion said:
    Patch notes say that this was the update that was supposed to enable it.
    I noticed Brink's tutorial says "It appears this group policy may only be effective on Windows 10 Enterprise and Education editions." but I want to point out I'm running a fully registered copy of Windows 10 Education and the widget still isn't appearing.

    KB5001391 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.964 and v20H2 19042.964-win-10-eduction-version-202h-946.png

    Did Option One of this tutorial How to Enable or Disable News and Interests on Taskbar in Windows 10 using the Local Group Policy Editor.

    Haven't tried to other options cause it's not that important to me, just wanted to see if it works. Haven't tried it on my Windows 10 Pro machine (yet).
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 203
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1
       #43

    ms-resource:AppName/Text - I still have one of these at the end of the Start menu
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 61,585
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #44

    sygnus21 said:
    I noticed Brink's tutorial says "It appears this group policy may only be effective on Windows 10 Enterprise and Education editions." but I want to point out I'm running a fully registered copy of Windows 10 Education and the widget still isn't appearing.

    Did Option One of this tutorial How to Enable or Disable News and Interests on Taskbar in Windows 10 using the Local Group Policy Editor.

    Haven't tried to other options cause it's not that important to me, just wanted to see if it works. Haven't tried it on my Windows 10 Pro machine (yet).
    Just to note, the GPO will only work to enable/disable the "News and Interests" feature if you already have it available.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 238
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #45

    Brink said:
    Just to note, the GPO will only work to enable/disable the "News and Interests" feature if you already have it available.
    Just wondering, why is it not enabled for some users despite installing this update? Do you have any idea?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 61,585
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #46

    BrownianMotion said:
    Just wondering, why is it not enabled for some users despite installing this update? Do you have any idea?
    News and Interests requires having the Chromium Microsoft Edge installed.

    Otherwise, they should have it unless there's some unmentioned region requirement.

    Most likely a phased roll out.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-577238f46f8f
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 238
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #47

    Brink said:
    News and Interests requires having the Chromium Microsoft Edge installed.

    Otherwise, they should have it unless there's some unmentioned region requirement.

    Most likely a phased roll out.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-577238f46f8f
    I have the new Edge, and based on the patch notes, KB5001391 was supposed to enable the feature.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 516
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       #48

    BrownianMotion said:
    I have the new Edge, and based on the patch notes, KB5001391 was supposed to enable the feature.
    Win Ent I have all the above and I don't have that feature either. The GP does show though.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 516
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       #49

    So, I was able to enable it with a tweak but it's missing arms and legs.
    KB5001391 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.964 and v20H2 19042.964-news-feed-2021-04-29_16-31-51.png
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums