Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21359.1 (co_release) - April 14 Insider

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 281
    Microsoft Windows 11 Home (x64) Build Version 22000.65
       #80

    Caledon Ken said:
    Have you tried uninstall Macrium and re-installing?


    Did you have another imaging tool like Acronis at one time?
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling before but I could try again? I have once tried using Acronis True Image WD edition since it came with my drive but it isn’t really good and it is like a demo of the full version. So I installed macrium instead and deleted Acronis.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 27,447
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #81

    Have a read of this.

    It is a clean up tool for Acronis. I've never run but I see in the macrium forums someone suggested.

    Acronis True Image: Cleanup Utility | Knowledge Base
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,178
    Windows 11 Home
       #82

    I had problems like this when trying out Macrium, thus the reason I stuck with Easeus (it really is).
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 281
    Microsoft Windows 11 Home (x64) Build Version 22000.65
       #83

    Caledon Ken said:
    Have a read of this.

    It is a clean up tool for Acronis. I've never run but I see in the macrium forums someone suggested.

    Acronis True Image: Cleanup Utility | Knowledge Base
    Hello, I ran the clean up tool for Acronis and when I rebooted after doing all the steps it listed I noticed an update was being installed in windows update and when I rebooted after both the Cleanup utility and windows update finished my start menu works for some reason. I think it was the update that fixed it but after the update my snipping tool gives me an error telling me to reboot the PC and try again or contact a system admin. I fixed that by reinstalling the app.

    - - - Updated - - -

    TairikuOkami said:
    I had problems like this when trying out Macrium, thus the reason I stuck with Easeus (it really is).
    How is Easeus compared to Macrium? is it better than Macrium and would it still work with my corrupted VSS?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #84

    Noah W said:
    Hello, I ran the clean up tool for Acronis and when I rebooted after doing all the steps it listed I noticed an update was being installed in windows update and when I rebooted after both the Cleanup utility and windows update finished my start menu works for some reason. I think it was the update that fixed it but after the update my snipping tool gives me an error telling me to reboot the PC and try again or contact a system admin. I fixed that by reinstalling the app.

    - - - Updated - - -



    How is Easeus compared to Macrium? is it better than Macrium and would it still work with my corrupted VSS?
    Have a look at Update History, it's was probably update for .NET. which some applications need and lately is always installed after main update and a restart.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 281
    Microsoft Windows 11 Home (x64) Build Version 22000.65
       #85

    CountMike said:
    Have a look at Update History, it's was probably update for .NET. which some applications need and lately is always installed after main update and a restart.
    I had a look and the update history said it did install a .NET framework update. That must have been what fixed it but I don't know why a .NET framework update would fix my broken start menu.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 17,831
    Windows 10
       #86

    Anybody rant on the Feedback Hub about this closed folder look???
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 17,831
    Windows 10
       #87

    How do you uninstall News and Interests???
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 27,447
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #88

    After cleanup does Macrium work?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 61,510
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #89

    Edwin said:
    How do you uninstall News and Interests???
    Hello Edwin,

    Currently, only able to turn it off.

    Customization - How to Add or Remove News and Interests icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 | Windows Questions
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:29.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums