Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21359.1 (co_release) - April 14 Insider

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,491
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #70

    Wonder if anybody else ran into this error which occurred in a VMware 15.5 VN after upgrading with WYWindows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21359.1 (co_release) - April 14-microsoft-windows-10-insider-dev-2021-04-15-23-09-47.png
    The problem has not reocccurred after a reboot (using VMware). If goes without saying this is a terrible error message giving no clue (except perhaps in some obscure log file),
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 3,867
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit Home
       #71

    martyfelker said:
    Wonder if anybody else ran into this error which occurred in a VMware 15.5 VN after upgrading with WYWindows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21359.1 (co_release) - April 14-microsoft-windows-10-insider-dev-2021-04-15-23-09-47.png
    The problem has not reocccurred after a reboot (using VMware). If goes without saying this is a terrible error message giving no clue (except perhaps in some obscure log file),
    See post #48 Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21359.1 (co_release) - April 14
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 2,491
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #72

    Thanks, but so far I haven't needed to roll back the VM. I should however, make a snapshot of it. Since all this stuff seems to be stored on OneDrive it doesn't matter right now. Maybe MS could work on something useful - like the replacement file system to NTFS - one which have transparent compression like the latest BTRFS on Fedora.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 27,447
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #73

    Sorry Noah. Wasn't trying to be sarcastic.


    I believe Imaging would help an insider. The install goes wrong you can restore to a working point. Then try again.


    Did you get updates running again once you fell back. I saw you got an error, not sure if that resolved.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 629
    windows 10
       #74

    downloaded and installed without any problems
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 281
    Microsoft Windows 11 Home (x64) Build Version 22000.65
       #75

    Caledon Ken said:
    Sorry Noah. Wasn't trying to be sarcastic.


    I believe Imaging would help an insider. The install goes wrong you can restore to a working point. Then try again.


    Did you get updates running again once you fell back. I saw you got an error, not sure if that resolved.
    I couldn't get upgrades running again so I used a UUP dump ISO to upgrade. It finished successfully but I still cant use the start menu but my search and Cortana still works so I can still open apps. Macruim also doesn't work in this build. I guess my VSS is perm damaged even after a clean install.

    Edit: here is a screenshot of the "critical error."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Here is the Macrium error is your interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21359.1 (co_release) - April 14-1capture.png   Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21359.1 (co_release) - April 14-2capture.png  
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 46,501
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #76

    Noah W said:
    I couldn't get upgrades running again so I used a UUP dump ISO to upgrade. It finished successfully but I still cant use the start menu but my search and Cortana still works so I can still open apps. Macruim also doesn't work in this build. I guess my VSS is perm damaged even after a clean install.

    Edit: here is a screenshot of the "critical error."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Here is the Macrium error is your interested.
    Have you tried MR's Fix VSS tool? It's under Other tasks in the menu.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 281
    Microsoft Windows 11 Home (x64) Build Version 22000.65
       #77

    kado897 said:
    Have you tried MR's Fix VSS tool? It's under Other tasks in the menu.
    Yes I have, that was the first thing I tried when I got the error. I just tried it a few minutes ago too to see if it would change anything. It is still broken now.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 46,501
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #78

    Noah W said:
    Yes I have, that was the first thing I tried when I got the error. I just tried it a few minutes ago too to see if it would change anything. It is still broken now.
    Don't know what else to suggest.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 27,447
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #79

    Have you tried uninstall Macrium and re-installing?


    Did you have another imaging tool like Acronis at one time?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums