Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21359.1 (co_release) - April 14 Insider

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #120

    TairikuOkami said:
    I guess that depends on disk? I have full OS backup created in ~30 secs (15 GB size). Restore takes ~5 mins.
    Samsung 960evo NVME 232GB formatted capacity with used 145GB backed up with MR makes.mrimg file of about 120GB. Backing up to a 7200rpm HDD used to take about 20 minutes and now to M.2 PCIe x2 (half speed of NVME drive) takes about 12 minutes, restore just about same time.
    At one time I took advantage of free offer for Easus Backupper thinking to make another backup "just in case" but took over 2 hours to complete same task as MR.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #121

    Noah W said:
    If you need these logs I will post them below.


    C:\Users\noahw>Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.21359.1

    Image Version: 10.0.21359.1

    No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\Users\noahw>Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.21359.1

    Image Version: 10.0.21359.1

    [==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\Users\noahw>Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.21359.1

    Image Version: 10.0.21359.1

    [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\Users\noahw>sfc /scannow

    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

    C:\Users\noahw>dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.21359.1

    Image Version: 10.0.21359.1

    [==========================100.0%==========================]

    Component Store (WinSxS) information:

    Windows Explorer Reported Size of Component Store : 3.68 GB

    Actual Size of Component Store : 3.67 GB

    Shared with Windows : 2.95 GB
    Backups and Disabled Features : 721.12 MB
    Cache and Temporary Data : 0 bytes

    Date of Last Cleanup : 2021-04-16 08:56:07

    Number of Reclaimable Packages : 0
    Component Store Cleanup Recommended : No

    The operation completed successfully.

    C:\Users\noahw>
    Everything seems to be OK with the DISM command-lines. I don't really need to see the CBS.Log since sfc /scannow says: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

    I would like to see if using EaseUS ToDo backup App made a difference with regard to the VSS error you got from MR. I cannot honestly wait for you to fix this issue, because a system image backup is the last line of defense everyone ought to have. Not having one ready is like running on a clunker where the brakes work sometimes and at another time they don't. That really means skating on very thin ice. Something really bad is waiting at the corner to happen. I certainly wouldn't like to see disaster strike a fellow member in TF.

    I certainly will be following your case and be really happy once it is resolved.

      My Computers


  3. Posts : 46,501
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #122

    IronZorg89 said:
    Everything seems to be OK with the DISM command-lines. I don't really need to see the CBS.Log since sfc /scannow says: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

    I would like to see if using EaseUS ToDo backup App made a difference with regard to the VSS error you got from MR. I cannot honestly wait for you to fix this issue, because a system image backup is the last line of defense everyone ought to have. Not having one ready is like running on a clunker where the brakes work sometimes and at another time they don't. That really means skating on very thin ice. Something really bad is waiting at the corner to happen. I certainly wouldn't like to see disaster strike a fellow member in TF.

    I certainly will be following your case and be really happy once it is resolved.

    As a last resort, if you are having VSS errors you can still make an image using the rescue environment. Not a solution of course but a work around until you can figure out a solution.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #123

    kado897 said:
    As a last resort, if you are having VSS errors you can still make an image using the rescue environment. Not a solution of course but a work around until you can figure out a solution.
    I am not the one having issues with VSS errors in MR, but @Noah W. Here is hoping that he will see your post.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 46,501
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #124

    IronZorg89 said:
    I am not the one having issues with VSS errors in MR, but @Noah W. Here is hoping that he will see your post.
    Ah OK. Thanks for pointing that out.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #125

    kado897 said:
    Ah OK. Thanks for pointing that out.


    ----update----
    On another note, I don't know if Rescue environment will help in his case. Noah W's problem is that he cannot do a backup with MR.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 17,831
    Windows 10
       #126

    Was it mentioned that Indexing is fubar in this Build?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 281
    Microsoft Windows 11 Home (x64) Build Version 22000.65
       #127

    Right now I'm finishing up moving over some big files to an external drive which might take a while and I don't want an more than 100 gigs of Virtual Machines backed up every time I backup the PC. It is going take a while. I might try backing up through a rescue environment to see if that helps but my goal is to create a set it and forget it type of backup schedule. I already have regback turned on so I can restore a registry backup if I need to and when system restore points worked along with using regback I didn't have to worry as much.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 7,128
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #128

    Edwin said:
    How do you uninstall News and Interests???
    I did have it back. I didn't uninstall it but it's no longer showing up on my desktop.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #129

    Winuser said:
    I did have it back. I didn't uninstall it but it's no longer showing up on my desktop.
    I think according to previous posts "News and Interests" equate to "Cortana". By disabling the latter, News and Interest won't show anymore unless MS changes your settings with some future FU or even CU.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums