KB5001330 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.928 and v20H2 19042.928 Win Update

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 24,649
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #200

    JohnnyGui said:
    Thanks for the link. Just to be sure, I assume it's the out-of-band KB15001649 CU which includes all the updates for 20H2 up until the current KB5001330?

    Yes, that's correct. The two out of band CUs after the March Patch Tuesday CU were required to fix some printing problems it introduced, the first one not quite fixing them. In addition to the new fixes, each CU always includes the updates from the previous ones, so you only ever need the latest one.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 531
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H2
       #201

    Bree said:
    Yes, that's correct. The two out of band CUs after the March Patch Tuesday CU were required to fix some printing problems it introduced, the first one not quite fixing them. In addition to the new fixes, each CU always includes the updates from the previous ones.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I am planning to clean install Windows along with a downloaded KB15001649 msi file since I'm also experiencing game performance issues with the current one.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,414
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 64 bit
       #202

    JohnnyGui said:
    Thanks for the link. Just to be sure, I assume it's the out-of-band KB15001649 CU which includes all the updates for 20H2 up until the current KB5001330?
    A CU contains everything in all the previous ones.

    Jim
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 77
    Win 10 Pro
       #203

    Hello All!
    I am on build 19042.962 (KB5001391), but have been noticing some pretty serious game related performance issues that I've since read recently are related to KB5001330, which is also installed.
    I would like to remove KB5001330 but there are no option to uninstall this update?
    I even tried doing this from the command line (wusa /uninstall /kb:5001330), but am informed the KB "is not installed on this computer". That is incorrect of course:

    KB5001330 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.928 and v20H2 19042.928-image.png
    KB5001330 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.928 and v20H2 19042.928-image.png
    Appreciate any help here!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 46,620
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #204

    Globespy said:
    Hello All!
    I am on build 19042.962 (KB5001391), but have been noticing some pretty serious game related performance issues that I've since read recently are related to KB5001330, which is also installed.
    I would like to remove KB5001330 but there are no option to uninstall this update?
    I even tried doing this from the command line (wusa /uninstall /kb:5001330), but am informed the KB "is not installed on this computer". That is incorrect of course:

    KB5001330 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.928 and v20H2 19042.928-image.png
    KB5001330 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.928 and v20H2 19042.928-image.png
    Appreciate any help here!
    You can't uninstall a previous CU because all the code in it is in the later CU as they are cumulative.
      My Computer


  6. DJG
    Posts : 428
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2 19044.1706
       #205

    Globespy said:
    Hello All!
    I am on build 19042.962 (KB5001391), but have been noticing some pretty serious game related performance issues that I've since read recently are related to KB5001330, which is also installed.
    I would like to remove KB5001330 but there are no option to uninstall this update?
    I even tried doing this from the command line (wusa /uninstall /kb:5001330), but am informed the KB "is not installed on this computer". That is incorrect of course:
    KB5001330 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.928 and v20H2 19042.928-image.png
    Appreciate any help here!
    How did you get 968?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 19,215
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #206

    Globespy said:
    Hello All!
    I am on build 19042.962 (KB5001391), but have been noticing some pretty serious game related performance issues that I've since read recently are related to KB5001330, which is also installed.
    I would like to remove KB5001330 but there are no option to uninstall this update?
    I even tried doing this from the command line (wusa /uninstall /kb:5001330), but am informed the KB "is not installed on this computer". That is incorrect of course:

    KB5001330 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.928 and v20H2 19042.928-image.png
    KB5001330 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.928 and v20H2 19042.928-image.png
    Appreciate any help here!
    looks like only some Nvidia systems are hit with performance issues, did you try reinstalling GPU drivers if you have Nvidia GPU ?
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 21,424
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #207

    DJG said:
    How did you get 968?
    968?? Did I miss something?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 12,429
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #208

    I got Build 19042.928 (KBKB5001330) update on 4/14/2021, haven't seen anything newer, especially not 19042.962 [or .968]. Frequently getting a newer update does prevent previous updates being uninstalled unless first uninstalling that latest. And there will be some updates that simply can't be removed except by reinstalling Windows just as there are some updates that can't be blocked.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 24,649
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #209

    steve108 said:
    968?? Did I miss something?
    DJG misread the Winver screenshot - the question should have been 'how did you get .962?'

    And the answer is that .962 is in Insider Preview at the moment, and may possibly appear as an optional Preview CU for RTM builds later on in the month.

    For non-insiders like me, you could always get its .cab file from UUPDump if you want to play with it (preferably in a VM).

    KB5001330 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.928 and v20H2 19042.928-image.png
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums