KB5000842 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.906 and v20H2 19042.906 Win Update

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 42
    Windows 10
       #40

    Still no fix for a bug no Windows apps details on Lock screen, like Weather app. The issue started couple of months ago when apps design changed and no apps details on Lock Screen have been showed thereafter. It is sort of problem that Lock Screen is not communicating with Windows apps in order to provide detailed or short info during Lock Screen, which is probably programing mistake. Hopefully, it will be sorted out.
      My Computer

  2. EdTittel's Avatar
    Posts : 4,111
    Windows 10
       #41

    Got this for beta channel, and now it's coming for current level 19042 PCs, I guess. Seems to go much faster on these machines, for whatever reason. Already at 100% download, sitting there, and waiting for transition to "installing." ... took about a minute on my production PC. Sigh.
    --Ed--
      My Computers

  3. FrankW's Avatar
    Posts : 150
    Windows10 20H2 x64 Home, Single language, build 19042.870
       #42

    Failed to install optional update KB5000842, ran the WaasMedic task then restarted and tried to install KB5000842 again: failed
    KB5000842 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.906 and v20H2 19042.906-failed-update.png
    Also downloaded the msu file from WUC and tried to install KB5000842 Stand alone, failed! Will now wait for the April 13 update.

    I ran DISM online and SFC; both no issues.
    Last edited by FrankW; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:34. Reason: Update
      My Computer

  4. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,253
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #43

    Last night in Action Center, I had a notification about an available update on which I clicked. It was a .Net Framework update. After it finished the installation process, I had an optional update for availability (KB5000842); the weird thing about this one is that it downloaded and started installing until 100%. At this point, it started reinstalling again, i.e., it looked like it was installing twice. I found that really strange, but I said to myself as long as it doesn't end up as a failed Update. Fortunately, it didn't. BTW, I gave up a long time ago about trying to understand what goes on in the background when installing Windows Updates.

    Contrary to what I said in my previous posts where I was supposed to wait for the next Patch Tuesday (April 13), I took a chance with this one knowing that I already had a backup just in case. Surprisingly enough, everything went really smooth and I have not found any issue so far. My system's performance even seems a bit better.

    KB5000842 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.906 and v20H2 19042.906-winver-after-installing-kb5000842.png
      My Computers

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,178
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #44

    IronZorg89 said:
    Last night in Action Center, I had a notification about an available update on which I clicked. It was a .Net Framework update. After it finished the installation process, I had an optional update for availability (KB5000842); the weird thing about this one is that it downloaded and started installing until 100%. At this point, it started reinstalling again, i.e., it looked like it was installing twice. I found that really strange, but I said to myself as long as it doesn't end up as a failed Update. Fortunately, it didn't. BTW, I gave up a long time ago about trying to understand what goes on in the background when installing Windows Updates.

    Contrary to what I said in my previous posts where I was supposed to wait for the next Patch Tuesday (April 13), I took a chance with this one knowing that I already had a backup just in case. Surprisingly enough, everything went really smooth and I have not found any issue so far. My system's performance even seems a bit better.

    KB5000842 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.906 and v20H2 19042.906-winver-after-installing-kb5000842.png
    That double install typically is the Service Stack Update first, goes rather quickly, then the main body of the CU. They started bundling them together some time ago.
      My Computers

  6. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,253
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #45

    f14tomcat said:
    That double install typically is the Service Stack Update first, goes rather quickly, then the main body of the CU. They started bundling them together some time ago.
    Thx for your insight. As always, really well appreciated.
      My Computers

  7. meebers's Avatar
    Posts : 1,289
    W10 20H2 .928 & W10 Insider
       #46

    This one was waiting for me when I signed on. D/L was fast, installation stalled @ 22%, 50% and 77% but finished without issue? No NET update afterwards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KB5000842 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.906 and v20H2 19042.906-.906.jpg  
      My Computers

  8. bo elam's Avatar
    Posts : 635
    Windows 10 Home
       #47

    @Brink Hi Brink, I installed this update yesterday, and all is well. But I like to point something out to you, I am not sure if this is an error or not but I am a little confused. I ll explain.

    According to my Windows Event Viewer, the SSU that was installed in my W10 along kb5000842 goes by the number kb5000981. The opening post of this tread names KB4598481 as the kb for the ssu. So, I am confused. According to my Control panel, I did get the correct ssu (10.0.19041.903) but I got it by installing kb5000981 and not kb5000842. I see one other user in the thread mentioning kb5000981 but can you explain why this kb is not mentioned anywhere in the opening post, and why it is a different kb that is mentioned for the ssu instead. Just want to make sense of this, thanks.

    Best regards

    Bo
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,353
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #48

    bo elam said:
    @Brink Hi Brink, I installed this update yesterday, and all is well. But I like to point something out to you, I am not sure if this is an error or not but I am a little confused. I ll explain.

    According to my Windows Event Viewer, the SSU that was installed in my W10 along kb5000842 goes by the number kb5000981. The opening post of this tread names KB4598481 as the kb for the ssu. So, I am confused. According to my Control panel, I did get the correct ssu (10.0.19041.903) but I got it by installing kb5000981 and not kb5000842. I see one other user in thread mentioning kb5000981 but can you explain why this kb is not mentioned anywhere in the opening post, and why it is a different kb that is mentioned for the ssu instead. Just want to make sense of this, thanks.

    Best regards

    Bo
    Hello Bo,

    KB4598481 was the last standalone SSU that's required if you get the 0x800f0823 CBS_E_NEW_SERVICING_STACK_REQUIRED error.

    I assume Microsoft didn't include the SSU KB number in the release notes since it was included with the KB4598481 LCU.
      My Computers

  10. bo elam's Avatar
    Posts : 635
    Windows 10 Home
       #49

    Brink said:
    Hello Bo,

    KB4598481 was the last standalone SSU that's required if you get the 0x800f0823 CBS_E_NEW_SERVICING_STACK_REQUIRED error.

    I assume Microsoft didn't include the SSU KB number in the release notes since it was included with the KB4598481 LCU.
    Thanks Brink, I see I still have KB4598481 listed in Control panel. FWIW, this month was really rough updating W10, in the end all looks rosie but it was a tough road to get to this point. You and this forum have been very helpful to get us thru this noisy March. You are highly appreciated.

    Bo
      My Computer


 
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums