KB5000842 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.906 and v20H2 19042.906 Win Update

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

  1. Posts : 24,649
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #100

    Rocky said:
    Very interesting. Windows 10 will be losing support in 2025. What comes next?
    According to Microsoft's original lifecycle statement from 2015, mainstream support for Windows 10 ended six month ago and we're now in a period of extended support meaning that no more new features will be added.....

    Client operating systems Latest update or service pack End of mainstream support End of extended support
    Windows 10, released in July 2015 ** N/A October 13, 2020 October 14, 2025

    https://web.archive.org/web/20150804...dows/lifecycle

    Goalposts can, and probably will be moved as appropriate
      My Computers


  2. WXC
    Posts : 6,995
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2 19044.1706
       #101

    Bree said:
    According to Microsoft's original lifecycle statement from 2015, mainstream support for Windows 10 ended six month ago and we're now in a period of extended support meaning that no more new features will be added.....

    Client operating systems Latest update or service pack End of mainstream support End of extended support
    Windows 10, released in July 2015 ** N/A October 13, 2020 October 14, 2025

    https://web.archive.org/web/20150804...dows/lifecycle

    Goalposts can, and probably will be moved as appropriate

    Thank you for the clarity, Bree.

    Take care
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 56,064
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #102

    kado897 said:
    It'll be Patch Tuesday. Do they do upgrades on PT?
    Do they do patches?????
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 3,298
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #103

    kado897 said:
    But, but, but,,,, It will have shiny new icons.
    And even more forward looking, new emojis.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 46,620
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #104

    larc919 said:
    And even more forward looking, new emojis.
    Yup.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,414
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 64 bit
       #105

    Bree said:
    According to Microsoft's original lifecycle statement from 2015, mainstream support for Windows 10 ended six month ago and we're now in a period of extended support meaning that no more new features will be added.....

    Client operating systems Latest update or service pack End of mainstream support End of extended support
    Windows 10, released in July 2015 ** N/A October 13, 2020 October 14, 2025

    https://web.archive.org/web/20150804...dows/lifecycle

    Goalposts can, and probably will be moved as appropriate
    Old information. Windows 10 is under the Modern policy which does not have Mainstream and Extended support.
    It has complete support until end date which varies by the release version.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lif...0-home-and-pro


    KB5000842 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.906 and v20H2 19042.906-windows-10-support.png
    Jim
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 24,649
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #106

    Phone Man said:
    Old information. Windows 10 is under the Modern policy ...
    Preciously my point, the goalposts have already been moved once, who can say they won't again?
      My Computers


  8. KCR
    Posts : 346
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1706)
       #107

    f14tomcat said:
    Do they do patches?????

    No, that was. . . Dickey Lee .






    Oh Jesus. . .

    Disregard, and carry on . . .
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 56,064
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #108

    KCR said:
    No, that was. . . Dickey Lee .






    Oh Jesus. . .

    Disregard, and carry on . . .
    good one.........

    We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress...................
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 1,241
    Windows 10 Pro (Build 19043.1110)
       #109

    f14tomcat said:
    good one.........

    We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress...................
    I was thinking of THIS 'Patches':

    Patches - Clarence Carter - YouTube

    "Brink, we're depending on you son, to pull the family through..."

    If Windows 10 is the last Windows, as MS has said for years, what happens after (notionally) 2025? MS Linux Distro? Or maybe they go straight to BSD.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:08.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums