Windows 10 21H1 now available for commercial pre-release validation

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 24,545
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #20

    jtjt00 said:
    May 20
    Sounds plausible. Got a source to back that up?
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 2,196
    Windows 11 Pro 64bit
       #21

    jtjt00 said:
    May 20
    I would expect 21H1 to be released on a Tuesday - Patch Tuesday to be exact.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 24,545
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #22

    Bastet said:
    I would expect 21H1 to be released on a Tuesday - Patch Tuesday to be exact.
    Why? 2004 was released on the last Wednesday of May 2020.

    Windows 10 21H1 now available for commercial pre-release validation-image.png
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...se-information
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 2,196
    Windows 11 Pro 64bit
       #23

    Bree said:
    Why? 2004 was released on the last Wednesday of May 2020.

    Windows 10 21H1 now available for commercial pre-release validation-image.png
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...se-information
    I’m just making a wild guess. My comment was not meant to be taken literally.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,098
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
       #24

    anyone running 21H1, have they resolved the Networking issue of network computers not showing up in windows Machines with 20H2 installed. I have uninstalled 20H2 because of this. I know the work around but shouldn't have to deal with all that!!
      My Computers


  6. NMI
    Posts : 947
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2
       #25

    Bastet said:
    I’m just making a wild guess. My comment was not meant to be taken literally.
    Avoid "expect" and "exact" then.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,215
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       #26

    I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this -- but I thought I would ask, anyway ...

    If you're running a production system on 19042.928 and you run the 21H1 enablement package, then you'll be running 19043.928 and have "upgraded" to 21H1 -- right?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 24,545
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #27

    Mark Phelps said:
    I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this -- but I thought I would ask, anyway ...
    If you're running a production system on 19042.928 and you run the 21H1 enablement package, then you'll be running 19043.928 and have "upgraded" to 21H1 -- right?

    Yes, that's what Winver will report.....

    Windows 10 21H1 now available for commercial pre-release validation-image.png

    ...though you may not notice any new features. That depends on how many (if any) are currently included (but dormant) in 20H2. Back when 20H2 was about to be released the new features didn't get added to the CU for 2004 until just before launch day.

    ...the new features in Windows 10, version 20H2 are included in the latest monthly quality update for Windows 10, version 2004 (released October 13, 2020), but are in an inactive and dormant state.
    KB4562830 Enablement Package Feature Update to Windows 10 version 20H2
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 1,215
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       #28

    Bree said:
    ...though you may not notice any new features...
    From what I've read, here and elsewhere, there aren't any "new features" in 21H1 as they've been put off until next Spring.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 3,297
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #29

    Mark Phelps said:
    From what I've read, here and elsewhere, there aren't any "new features" in 21H1 as they've been put off until next Spring.
    I'm running 21H1 on my non-Insider machines and don't notice any difference at all between that and and 20H2 except what winver reports. There must be changes somewhere under the hood, but they are apparently hidden down in the dark recesses.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums