Features removed and deprecated in Windows 10 version 21H1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,764
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #10

    Hi,

    Wonder if notepad would too ?
    Should work as it is a simple executable without any dependencies.
    In fact it can be run as a portable app.

    Cheers,
      My Computers

  2. JMedlock83's Avatar
    Posts : 609
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #11

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Why isn't flash player listed
    If you have flash player still there on 2004 or ... installing 20H2 doesn't remove it lol
    I wish they wouldn't remove it by default. . I still use it, and created my own code for all flash videos/games to play automatically in my browser. . .
      My Computers

  3. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,617
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #12

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Same happened with newer snipping tool and 3dpaint were added
    All I needed was a folder with copies of paint and snipping tool along with en-US folder off win-7 and they work now.
    Wonder if notepad would too ?
    Yes, should work the same way. You'll need to keep a folder with a copy of the 20H2 (or earlier) Notepad.exe from Windows\System32 and the Windows\System32\en-US\Notepad.exe.mui in an en-US sub-folder (or in my case the en-GB sub-folder).
      My Computers

  4. Chrysalis's Avatar
    Posts : 166
    Win 10 1809 LTSC
       #13

    Wow thats pretty crazy stuff, seems like they moving ahead of original win8 plans of retiring win32.
      My Computer

  5. mta3006's Avatar
    Posts : 956
    W10 Pro v1903
       #14

    Screwing up simple accessory applications many users depend on... Sounds like a great opportunity for an enterprising coder to start a utility package...
      My Computers

  6. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,225
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #15

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Why isn't flash player listed
    If you have flash player still there on 2004 or ... installing 20H2 doesn't remove it lol
    JMedlock83 said:
    I wish they wouldn't remove it by default. . I still use it, and created my own code for all flash videos/games to play automatically in my browser. . .
    It took applying an update (KB4577586) released on Oct 27, 2020 to remove Flash Player:

    KB4577586 Update for removal of Adobe Flash Player - Oct. 27
      My Computers

  7. mangorunner's Avatar
    Posts : 24
    Windows 10 Home ver 20H2, Build 19042.867
       #16

    TairikuOkami said:
    Notepad and Paint as well, they turned them into buggy store apps, currently looking for a replacement.
    I hope they don't do anything with Notepad. Yikes! I use it every single day and it resides on my Taskbar. I would miss it tremendously.
      My Computer

  8. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 11,351
    19041.867 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #17

    mangorunner said:
    I hope they don't do anything with Notepad. Yikes! I use it every single day and it resides on my Taskbar. I would miss it tremendously.
    10 Best Programs to Replace Notepad nothing to worry about
      My Computer

  9. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,617
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #18

    TairikuOkami said:
    Notepad and Paint as well, they turned them into buggy store apps, currently looking for a replacement.
    Just because it's delivered by the store doesn't necessarily mean it will be turned into a 'buggy store app'. The Store can deliver other things besides UWP apps. For example, the MPEG-2 Video Extension isn't an app, it's a codec that works for all your installed software (apps and conventional) - but you get it from the Store.


    Features removed and deprecated in Windows 10 version 21H1-image.png
      My Computers

  10. TairikuOkami's Avatar
    Posts : 4,657
    Windows Home Dev 21H1 x64
       #19

    Bree said:
    Just because it's delivered by the store doesn't necessarily mean it will be turned into a 'buggy store app'.
    When 100 apps stop working, because of a damaged store, that is just stupid. So much for reliability.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums