Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21327.1010 (KB5001277) - March 8 Insider

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 807
    Win10x64 v2004 latest build fast ring
       #60

    fg2001gf10F said:
    @waltc,
    Still the same with build 21327.😒
    Yep...News & Interests menu doesn't show up anywhere except when the taskbar is located on the bottom of the desktop screen--not on the sides, either. They know about it, let's see how long it takes them to fix it. The only positive thing is that after I turned it off in the last build that setting was retained in this build.


    This build upgrade through WU took ~9 minutes offline disk install.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 221
    Windows 10 V1709
       #61

    IronZorg89 said:
    @meebers,

    I had exactly the same message about "Windows protected your PC" and realized that I didn't "Unblock" the .zip file in properties dialog box as @f14tomcat explained. Once done, everything went really smooth.
    @IronZorg89,

    Strange, I don't get that message even if the zip file is blocked with the Mark of the web ADS. I can unzip it even if it is blocked with zoneId=3.
    Downloaded with MS Edge Chromium without any warning message ?

    D:\UUP-Dump>dir /r Volume in drive D is ST3-2000-2TB Volume Serial Number is BE79-8D2A Directory of D:\UUP-Dump03/04/2021 02:19 PM <DIR> .03/04/2021 02:19 PM 4,194,915 21327.1000_amd64_en-us_professional_d8421ac4_convert.zip 261 21327.1000_amd64_en-us_professional_d8421ac4_convert.zip:Zone.Identifier:$DATA 1 File(s) 4,194,915 bytes 1 Dir(s) 652,781,117,440 bytes freeD:\UUP-Dump>notepad 21327.1000_amd64_en-us_professional_d8421ac4_convert.zip:Zone.Identifier:$DATA[ZoneTransfer]ZoneId=3ReferrerUrl=https://www.uupdump.net/download.php?id=d8421ac4-50c5-4495-87fe-2971d66c26ff&pack=en-us&edition=professionalHostUrl=https://www.uupdump.net/get.php?id=d8421ac4-50c5-4495-87fe-2971d66c26ff&pack=en-us&edition=professional

    Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21327.1010 (KB5001277) - March 8-image.png
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #62

    fg2001gf10F said:
    @IronZorg89,

    Strange, I don't get that message even if the zip file is blocked with the Mark of the web ADS. I can unzip it even if it is blocked with zoneId=3.
    Downloaded with MS Edge Chromium without any warning message ?

    D:\UUP-Dump>dir /r Volume in drive D is ST3-2000-2TB Volume Serial Number is BE79-8D2A Directory of D:\UUP-Dump03/04/2021 02:19 PM <DIR> .03/04/2021 02:19 PM 4,194,915 21327.1000_amd64_en-us_professional_d8421ac4_convert.zip 261 21327.1000_amd64_en-us_professional_d8421ac4_convert.zip:Zone.Identifier:$DATA 1 File(s) 4,194,915 bytes 1 Dir(s) 652,781,117,440 bytes freeD:\UUP-Dump>notepad 21327.1000_amd64_en-us_professional_d8421ac4_convert.zip:Zone.Identifier:$DATA[ZoneTransfer]ZoneId=3ReferrerUrl=https://www.uupdump.net/download.php?id=d8421ac4-50c5-4495-87fe-2971d66c26ff&pack=en-us&edition=professionalHostUrl=https://www.uupdump.net/get.php?id=d8421ac4-50c5-4495-87fe-2971d66c26ff&pack=en-us&edition=professional

    Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21327.1010 (KB5001277) - March 8-image.png
    What happened to me and maybe to other members is that when I right-clicked on the .zip file to then click on "Extract All" I got the message "Windows Protected your PC" and prevented the extraction. I realized that I didn't tick "Unblock" as shown at the bottom right of your screenshot under "Advanced". Usually, I never forgot to do that, but it happened to me this time around. I went to tick it and after that everything went without a glitch.

    That is exactly what I tried to explain in my post. In my case, I couldn't extract the .zip file without ticking "Unblock" first. LOL
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 221
    Windows 10 V1709
       #63

    IronZorg89 said:
    What happened to me and maybe to other members is that when I right-clicked on the .zip file to then click on "Extract All" I got the message "Windows Protected your PC" and prevented the extraction. I realized that I didn't tick "Unblock" as shown at the bottom right of your screenshot under "Advanced". Usually, I never forgot to do that, but it happened to me this time around. I went to tick it and after that everything went without a glitch.

    That is exactly what I tried to explain in my post. In my case, I couldn't extract the .zip file without ticking "Unblock" first. LOL
    The question is why is the behavior different ? Why can I extract all just fine without unblocking the file ?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,937
    win 10 Insider
       #64

    Slowish install at 80min but all looks good.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #65

    fg2001gf10F said:
    The question is why is the behavior different ? Why can I extract all just fine without unblocking the file ?
    I don't have a clue. Maybe it has to do with one's PC configuration. Don't forget also this is an Insider build that I downloaded from UUPDump. Beyond that, even in stable releases how many times things happened on some users' PCs and not on others.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 221
    Windows 10 V1709
       #66

    IronZorg89 said:
    I don't have a clue. Maybe it has to do with one's PC configuration. Don't forget also this is an Insider build that I downloaded from UUPDump. Beyond that, even in stable releases how many times things happened on some users' PCs and not on others.
    Just trying to figure out where the different settings is.
    Windows defender ? What else ?
    I just have the default settings on development build 21327.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #67

    fg2001gf10F said:
    Just trying to figure out where the different settings is.
    Windows defender ? What else ?
    I just have the default settings on development build 21327.
    I will have to refer you to one MS's article about Attachment Management:

    The Attachment Manager is included in Microsoft Windows to help protect your computer from unsafe attachments that you might receive with an e-mail message and from unsafe files that you might save from the Internet.


    Many people encounter issues when they try to download a file or a program from the Internet. This could be caused by a number of reasons. Here we provide two general solutions for you to try if you are getting an error that your download is blocked, or if you get "virus scan failed" or "virus detected" messages.


    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-cd795ae42738
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 56,796
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #68

    I always have used 7-Zip, including on the UUPDump file. Wonder if 7-Zip handles differently that Windows Extract.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 221
    Windows 10 V1709
       #69

    f14tomcat said:
    I always have used 7-Zip, including on the UUPDump file. Wonder if 7-Zip handles differently that Windows Extract.
    @f14tomcat,

    They both worked for me without unblocking the file.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums